Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Christian religious is widely regarded as one of the most important subject in Nigeria today; it is evident that the study of Christian religious studies plays a significant role in the morals development of pupils in most of the Nigeria societies. The subject gains its root into Nigeria education system through the European Missionaries who introduced the subject as a means of converting Nigerians into white man religion (Christianity).
The introduction of CRS as one of the subjects in arts came into being with the introduction of other categories like science and technological subjects when the federal government of Nigeria takeover most of the schools in Nigeria. It is believed that the introduction of CRS will help in the moral teaching and development of pupils in Nigeria especially the youths.
Morals define the pattern of behaviour that the society wants from the people. Certain behaviours are considered to be undesirable. For most societies, however, morals are not written in stone, or proclaimed by God above, but instead reflect local sensibilities. Different societies have different ideas about what is acceptable and not acceptable.
according to (Dombeck and Wells-moran, 2008) stated that there are only a relative few behaviors (usually including murder, and various forms of abuse, including incest and adult-child sexual contact of any sort) that are university despised by stable societies. However People are not born understanding their society’s morals. Instead, these understandings develop and mature over time.
According to (Kohlberg, 2009) stated that infants have little or no moral sense, because they are not born with an understanding of the nature of human relationships. As children reach elementary school age, they enter into the first major stage of moral understanding, known as the preconventional stage. Pre-conventional children are essentially selfish in orientation. They do not think about what behaviours will serve the greater good, but rather think in terms of what will most benefit them. They respond primarily and think of morality as a matter of following rules so as to avoid punishment. As children grow into adulthood, they typically enter into the stage of conventional moral understanding. Some children will be developmentally delayed in this regard and becomes adults who have the moral understanding of children; we call them sociopaths, narcissists, and anti-social personalities. The majority of people that do make it to the conventional moral understanding start thinking in terms of duty; a duty to promote the greater good. The study in this regard wishes to examine the impact of Christian religious studies on the morals development of pupils using Jos north local government Plateau State as the case study.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
What really instigated the study was due the high level of immorality in most of the Nigeria societies especially in the Jos north local government of Plateau State. One of the major problems observed in this area is as a result of large number of Muslims in most areas of Jos Plateau State. The study of CRS was taught in fewer areas in Jos; some of the Muslims students tend to leave the class during CRS classes. Most of the pupils that were opportune to have knowledge on the impact of CRS on the morals development of pupils tend to forget the moral teachings of CRS as a result of family background and belief. To reduce the non-adherence to morality in the society to manageable level, a vital constituent of an effective moral learning experience need to be developed for schools and homes (Ajere, 2006). It is also believed that the government has a role to play in the effective teaching of CRS in schools, families and other social gatherings.
According to scholars like Njoku (2012) attributed the breakdown in moral behaviour of the school pupils to teachers’ attitude and government lack of commitment to the teaching of CRS as some that are committed do not handle the subject well, which has made it almost impossible for learners to attain the set goals.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the study is to examine the impact of Christian religious studies (CRS) on the morals development of pupils. Other specific objectives of study include:
1. To examine the relationship between Christian religious studies (CRS) and the level of morality among pupils in Jos north local government of Plateau State.
2. To determine the effect of Christian religious studies on the behavioural pattern of pupils in Jos north local government of Plateau State.
3. To investigate on factors affecting the effective implementation and teaching of CRS in most schools in most of the Nigerian societies
4. To determine the roles of the federal government in the teaching of CRS
5. To investigate on the effect of belief on the acceptance of Christian religious studies in most of families in Jos north local government of Plateau State
6. To proffer solution to the above stated problems
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study came up with research questions so as to ascertain the above stated objectives of the study. The research questions are stated below as follows:
1. What is the relationship between Christian religious studies (CRS) and the level of morality among pupils in Jos north local government of Plateau State?
2. what is the effect of Christian religious studies on the behavioural pattern of pupils in Jos north local government of Plateau State?
3. What are factors affecting the effective implementation and teaching of CRS in most schools in most of the Nigerian societies?
4. What are the roles of the federal government in the teaching of CRS?
5. What is the effect of belief on the acceptance of Christian religious studies in most of families in Jos north local government of Plateau State?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: there is no significant relationship between Christian religious studies and the morals development of pupils in Jos north local government of Plateau State
H1: there is significant relationship between Christian religious studies and the morals development of pupils in Jos north local government of Plateau State
H0: there is no mean difference in gender responses of the respondents that Christian religious studies influences the morality level in most of the Nigerian societies
H1: there is mean difference in gender responses of the respondents that Christian religious studies influences the morality level in most of the Nigerian societies
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on the impact of Christian religious studies (CRS) on the morals development of pupils will be of immense benefit to the entire Jos north local government of Plateau State as it will discuss the roles the importance of CRS on the morals development of pupils in Jos north local government area, Plateaus state. The study will also address the method that offers maximum advantage in attaining the learning outcomes as stated in the objectives of the subject. Since the affective and the cognitive aspects of the lessons are equally important, there is need to select appropriate methods that shall nurture the learner’s sense of wellbeing so that the desired habits, attitudes and skills will manifest in their ethical behaviour
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on the impact of Christian religious studies on the morals development of pupils will be limited Jos north local government area of Plateau State.
1.8 LIMITATIONS OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES (CRS): alternately known as the study of religion, is the multi-disciplinary academic field devoted to research into religious beliefs, behaviors, and institutions
MORALS: a lesson that can be derived from a story or experience.
MORALITY: principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behaviour.
Njoku N. C. & Njoku, D. I. (2014). Constraints in the Teaching of Moral Instruction in Secondary Schools in Ebonyi State: Implications for Moral Behavior of Students. International Journal of Research in Arts and Social Science 7(1). Dembeck, M. and Wells-Moran, J.(2008).Values and Moral Clarification; Canada,www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view doc.phy.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Reading is an essential tool for lifelong learning. It is important for everyone to develop the r...Continue Reading »
2. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN STUDENTS ENGAGEMENT AND MATHEMATICS ACHIEVEMENT IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Academic performance is a factor found among students and is it a function of many factors, some of w...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the classroom climate practices in public and private secondary schools in Ibadan Local Government Area of Oyo State....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research work focuses on the effects of water pollution in Abudu, Orhionmwon Local Government Area of Edo State. The effects of water pol...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Truancy among students has become a growing problem. It is the act of deliberately missing one or...Continue Reading »
6. IMPROVING THE SAFETY SKILLS OF STUDENTS IN THE WORKSHOPS OF DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION TECHNICAL IN KADUNA POLYTECHNIC. KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of content vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
7. PERCIEVED PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECT OF PLAY THERAPY ON PHYSICAL AND SOCIAL WELL BEING OF PRESCHOOL CHILDREN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY All preschool children have a right to play. Play is a process by which children learn both education...Continue Reading »
8. RADIO LISTENING HABITS OF STUDENTS IN THE HIGHER INSTITUTION IN KADUNA STATE IN RELATION TO SPECIFIC PROGRAMME GENRES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.0 Background to the study Radio in the society over the years has provided and is still providing a readily available cha...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyNigeria as a developing country needs people who are required for the political social and economic...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT As the world is becoming a global village. The use of computer in our education sector becomes very important. This study was undertaken to a...Continue Reading »