Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Cooperative has been the bedrock of promoting women through its numerous income-yielding ventures that will stimulate the economic status of women. According to International Cooperative Alliance, Cooperative Enterprise is a business that is organized with the sole aim of satisfying the interest of members. The central focus is not the maximization of profit like other businesses but to ensure that members socio-economic needs are met through cooperative promotion.
According to Ijere (1991) cooperative plays a significant role in promoting their members economic status by:
1. Generating employment opportunities
2. Generation of appreciable income
3. Reduction of Exodus to urban areas
4. Making old techniques perfecting new
5. Training members to become entrepreneurs
He further submits that women economic status can only be promoted through cooperative because the economic situations in the country have made it impossible to men to provide all the needs in the family.
Asaolu (2004) admits that cooperative have potential in promoting the economic status of women through capacity building. It also add that women status can be promoted through enhancement of skills acquisition enlightenment programmes organize by cooperative. Onuoha (2002) confirms that cooperative make it impossible for the rural dwellers to become shareholder and managers of their own investing by so doing, cooperative serves as an avenue for promoting women because it increases their economic capacity through convenient saving device assessment of loan and increase their standard of living.
Thus, this study seeks to empirically determine prevailing practices of women primary cooperative and their effects on women socio-economic stability.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Most women in the society have low economic status compared with their male counterpart. Cooperative through various effort and sponsorship from government, NGOs and International Organizational was programmed to prevailing the effect on women socio-economic stability but most of the government officers in charge and management committees of various societies are corrupt and women are denied access to resources that will promote their economic status in the society. Women are also denied leadership in most groups and are marginalized. This influence is seen through women’s lack of ownership of item such as land finances resources and building. A vast majority of the women folks are poorer than their male counterpart, thus they cannot participate in venture that will promote their economic position or have access to loan to enhance their business participation. In African set up, women role are relegated to be background that they have to play second fiddle. They do not have passion of an inheritance that they can use as a security to obtain loan from financial institutions. Most women do not have the take or skills to improve on their socio-economic conditions or to affect their lives of their family, since men cannot solve all their challenges and problems.
It is the light of this negative development that this study is to find out the prevailing practices of women primary cooperative and their effects on women socio-economic stability.
1.3 Objective of the Study
i. To find out the prevailing practices of women primary cooperative society.
ii. To determine the extent that cooperatives is affecting women on socio-economic stability.
iii. To identify the possible problems that is affecting cooperatives on women socio-economic stability.
1.4 Research Questions
i. What are the prevailing practices of women primary cooperatives society?
ii. To what extents do cooperatives affect women on socio-economic stability?
iii. What are the possible problems affecting cooperatives on women socio-economic stability.
1.5 Significance of the Study
This study examines the prevailing practices of women primary cooperative and their effects on women socio-economic stability, in the light of the test that most cooperative today are not viable because their members are weak, and as a weaker sex, women cannot empower themselves individually except through their collective efforts in cooperative society. The findings of this study will help and geared up cooperative and develop women to be economically strong and viable.
Secondly, government cooperative departments would see the need following the findings, to re-direct their cooperative policy in the area of women development.
Similarly, this study is of great scholarly importance as concerning students whose research problems may be related to this present can use it as a spring board or reference material for their own work.
It is also hoped that, this work would provide avenues in which cooperative will adopt the socio-economic stability of their members.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study examines prevailing practices of women on socio-economic stability an examination of which cooperative have promoted the prevailing practices of women and of course the possible problems that is affecting women on the socio-economic stability
The study is restricted to members to Matan Makera and Peace Women Multipurpose Cooperatives both located in Kaduna Metropolis.
1.7 Operational Definition of Terminologies
§ Cooperative: Cooperative is an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common economic, social and cultural needs, and aspirations through a jointly owned and democratically controlled enterprise.
§ Cooperative Effect: Is the degree of extra satisfaction which a member derives as a result of participating in the cooperative compare to working alone.
§ Economic: Relating to trade, industry, and the management of money.
§ Promotion: The activity of helping something to develop or increase.
§ Status: The official legal position or condition of a person, group, country etc.
§ Women: An adult female person married or unmarried.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT DATING AND PREMARITAL SEX ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF URBAN AND RURAL STUDENTS OF AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF UYO AND IKOT ABASI LOCAL GOVER...» ABSTRACT This study centres on the effect of dating and pre marital sex on academic performance of urban and rural students. It is assumed that dating...Continue Reading »
2. THE PROBLEMS OF POOR READING HABITS AND CONSEQUENCES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOL: A CASE STUDY OF OREDOLOCAL GOVERNMENT A...» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the problems of poor reading habits and its consequences on the academic performance of a child in some selected school...Continue Reading »
3. AN APPRAISAL OF TAX STATUS OBLIGATIONS AND EXCEPTIONS OF A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE, ESPECIALLY TERTIARY EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS» CHAPTER 1: GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1. INTRODUCTION Nigeria is a Federal Republic; therefore, the country’s legal system is based on the English Leg...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on an evaluation of principals administrative in Nigeria secondary schools in Nigeria. The total population for the study is 20...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Learning can occur as a result of newly acquired skill, knowledge, perception, facts, principles,...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Aquaculture products can harbour pathogenic bacteria, which are of the natural micro flora of the environment. An in vitro assay was carried ...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTS OF CULTISM ON STUDENT’S PERFORMANCE. A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA POLYTECHNIC WITH THE VIEW TO EDUCATE THE PUBLIC ABOUT MAGNITUDE OF THE FACTORS T...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTROUCTION Cultism as part of crime being committed in our society is something which is now eating deep in the mind of youth which g...Continue Reading »
8. STRATEGIES FOR MANAGING DISCIPLINARY PROBLEMS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN IZZI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at investigating strategies for managing disciplinary problems among secondary school students in Izzi Local Government A...Continue Reading »
9. APPLICATION OF EARLY MARRIAGE ON WOMEN EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN ABAKALIKI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BONYI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study In the world all over, marriage is an institution which calls for a moment of celebration and a miles...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Teaching profession is one of many professions that specifically deals with the growth and development of the human mind. The type of informa...Continue Reading »