Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study examined television as an instrument of Educational Advancement in Kogi State using Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja as a case study. Mass media especially television has been major agent of socialization and education in society through some educational programmes like Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Brain Test, Quiz T.V, Debate and many more apart from paying attention to government and non governmental educational organization like Universal basic Education. Today education is not limited within teacher and taught without social environment and mass media is one such potent force in the social environment of education. Mass media prove that education is really comprehensive not confined within four walls of the classroom really, television as the educational medium for the mass and mass education. However, for the purpose of this study survey research method was employed with the use of questionnaire
1.1 Background to the Study
Television (TV) is a telecommunication medium for transmitting and receiving moving Image that can monochrome (black-and-white) or colored, with or without accompanying sound, “television” may also refer specifically to a television set, television programming or television transmission.
Globally, the television world has initiated a transition of emphases from an analogue educational research based on technological development to a digital knowledge based technological development in education.
This has made it one of the basic building blocks of modern society.
The technological change process has accelerated in tandem to create a new world power. Although television recourses have been looked on as tools for the up liftment of the standard of education in any nation the level of instructional development process leaves much to be desired in Nigerian higher education system.
Recent developments in television have drastically affected educational procedure for improved quality of education offered to students, television resources in instructional delivery in schools will serve as dual purpose and more efficient classroom instruction (Nzewi, 2009; Umoren, 2006). It is in the pursuance of the need to access international best practices that federal government reviewed the national policy on Education (1998) to the current one (NPE,2004) to accommodate the introduction of television system in keeping with the dynamic of social change and its demand, television stratum in Nigeria prepare the student with manpower demand. It is at this level that they should have these first encounter technology.
The advancement in which television resources offer in higher education, can be evident through accessibility to educative programme and
instructional delivery in Kogi state. This can only be attained when it is drastically integrated into the programme process in the educational advancement system.
Productive situational delivery enhances learners creative and intellectual development through the use of television images, graphics, audio, test d motion for high quality learning.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The problem statement describes the context this study and it also identifies the general approach most citizen of Nigeria, especially in Kogi, in state do not know the role television play as an instrument of educational advancement.
Therefore this study to determine the extent of which television programme educated add to the advancement of Kogi State and Nigeria as a whole.
1.3 Objective of the Study
Since the objective of conducting any research its to depict dark area(s) of what has been know or unknown, this work intends:
1. To examine the impact of television as an instrument of additional advancement in Kogi state
2. To discover the function of television programme in education document
3. To examine how television stimulate group discussion among citizen of Kogi State
4. To examine the type of programme suitable TV educational advancement and development in Kogi State.
1.4 Research Question
Those are agitating question towards solving the research topic. In this wise, the research question for this study is highlighted below.
1. To what extent has television serves as an instrument of education advancement in the state [Kogi State)
2. To what extent has television programme been a virtual function in educational advancement
3. Has television programme stimulate group discussion among the people of the state
4. To what extent has the various of programme suitable for the educational advancement and development in
1.5 Significance of the Study
As an academic work which intends to pass through scientific scrutiny in terms of empirical analysis,. It aims to add to the academic knowledge both for the benefit of researchers and students of great minds, media practitioners and the general public.
Importantly, those who want to engage in similar topic will fund it very useful by serving as reference topic.
1.6 Rationale of the Study
It is highly terrific to note that despite numerous contribute of new programme most especially, educational programme, there are number of chasers aided to Nigeria youths as well as citizens of Kogi state. This among other thing however necessitated for this research work.
1.7 Scope of the Study
Though, the research topic is all encompassing. But the focus of this work will be to access the Nigerian youth citizens, most especially the Kogi
State citizen focused on television educative programme. Beside as a result of Nigerian vast grogram physically structure. Time and financial capabilities the focus will however centers on the entire citizen of Kogi state.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Instrument: – Is a tool or implement for delicate or scientific work. Television:-Is a telecommunication medium for terms mitting and receiving moving images that can be monochrome (black-and-white) or colored, with or without accompanying sound “television” may also refer specifically to a television programming, or television transmission.
Educational: The wealth of knowledge acquire by an individual after studying particular subject matter or experiencing life lesson that provide an understanding of something.
Advancement: The process of promoting a cause or plan
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF DIVORCE ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE PROBLEM In ancient societies, marriage of a youth was part of the responsibilities of his parents, where a man was made...Continue Reading »
2. PROVISION AND MANAGEMENT OF BIOLOGY LABORATORY RESOURCES IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION IN SOUTH EASTERN NIGERIA» Abstract The study investigated the provision and management of Biology Laboratory Resources (BLR) in Colleges of Education (COE) in South Eastern Nig...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Over the years, Nigeria has experienced series of attacks and blasts in most parts of the country...Continue Reading »
4. FACTORS AFFECTING THE TEACHING OF BASIC TECHNOLOGY IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN SABON TASHA ZONE KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Basic Technology is a part of the new system of education which began in 1982 in all federal governme...Continue Reading »
5. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF STUDENT ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ONDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study Learning has been so much associated with the school that some people almost think that learning goes...Continue Reading »
6. FACTORS AFFECTING THE PERFORMANCE OF METAL WORK STUDENTS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGE IN NIGER STATE NIGERIA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTRODU...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The advent of foreign music like the hiphop, Reggae, Rock & Roll, R & B, rap, jazz etc in...Continue Reading »
8. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING COVERAGE OF BCG IN FOROPA COMMUNITY IN SOUTHERN IJAW LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BAYESA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The Bacille Calmette Guerin (BCG) vaccine remains critical for the development of new Tuberculosis va...Continue Reading »
9. The impact of polygamy on children education in the southern education zone of Cross River State (Educational Adminstration)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Over the years, many educational authorities have developed interest to understand the reasons fo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY As long as human being need each other in behaviour and action economic activities as well as adm...Continue Reading »