Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 76 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Nigeria Union of Teachers is a known trade union in Nigeria. It was formed to foster a united front for practitioners of the teaching profession in the country. The impact of the union, covers an avenue for bringing forth ideas about the educational development of the country from the perspectives of teachers, improvement in the economic conditions of teachers and general economic security for teachers in the country.
The use of nonstandard and unpredictable educational codes for teachers and salary brought about the increase in teachers associations shrooming in various southern Nigerian cities, particularly in Lagos, Abeokuta and Calabar. The different associations realized that according the objectives of the groups to bring about a united front will create a strong voice for the interest of the teachers. This union was born in a hostile political and climatic environment. From the minutes of the NUT at inauguration, on July 8, 1931 which was a wet Wednesday morning, the teachers associations of Lagos, Agege, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Calabar and Ijebu-Ode joined met in a church Missionary together to form the Nigeria Union of Teachers. The first president of the group and chairman of the union in a letter dated25thjuly, addressed to the secretary, T, K. Cameroon, July 1931 and the late Oludotun Ransome Kuti, the husband of Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti and father of Fela Anikulapo Kuti appealing for the recognition of the shoulders of NUT leadership, when he said: “By entrusting us in a large number of teachers is difficult but a pleasant work of corporation with Education Authorities in this our beloved Nigeria... On May 27, 1972, the union joined with the Northern State Teachers Union, an association founded by Aminu Kano and a few northern Nigerian teachers in 1948. Extensively, the union has live up to it expectation as it has provided a body for the teachers in the country. Several strike actions were carried out by the union.
STATEMENT OF THE GENERAL PROBLEM
The general poor development of the Nigerian educational system has been a cause for a major concern as it has led to the production of below average students. The current poor state of education in Nigeria has been caused by several factors amongst others is the influence of teachers in the system. The educational system cannot be developed without the full involvement of teachers as such the reason for this study.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The major aim of the study is to examine the impact of Nigerian union of teachers on the educational system. Other specific objectives of the study are;
- To examine the possible objectives of the NUT in Nigeria.
- To determine the roles of teachers in ensuring a vibrant NUT.
- To establish the need for an improved educational system in Nigeria.
- To determine the relationship between NUT and educational development in Nigeria
- What is the impact of Nigerian union of teachers on education system in Nigeria?
- What are the possible objectives of the NUT in Nigeria?
- What are the roles of teachers in ensuring a vibrant NUT?
- What is the relationship between NUT and educational development in Nigeria?
H0: There is no significant relationship between Nigerian union of teachers and educational development in Nigeria
H1: There is a significant relationship between Nigerian union of teachers and educational development in Nigeria
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study would be o immense importance to the educational sectors and relevant stakeholders are it would reveal the impact of
Nigerian union of teachers on the educational system. The study would also be of immense importance to students, researchers and scholars who are interested in developing further research on the subject matter.
SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to the impact of Nigerian union of teachers on education system a case study of Owerri munincipal council.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Financial Constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview)
Time Constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE ON EDUCATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF A CHILD (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to attempt to find the role Polygamous play in the performance of a child. This question has raised other questi...Continue Reading »
2. PROBLEMS MILITATING AGAINST THE TEACHING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria is a country with about four hundred different languages. Some of these languages are spoken ...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION AND THE MORAL REFORMATION OF YOUTHS IN KADUNA METROPOLIS.» ABSTRACT Christian education is the study of God’s word that educates about responsibilities and roles to be played in the society. There is nee...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF MOTIVATION ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT STAFF EDUCATION (A Case Study Of Dutsin-Ma Local Government)» ABSTRACT This project attempt to analyze the impact of motivation on worker’s performance in an organization. Motivation is a way of encouraging...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This work is based on the effect of poverty on educational development of the citizens with a par...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study The applicability of sexuality education in elementary school is still a debatable issue in the p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Child trafficking is an ugly fact of our society that is prevalent even today. Child trafficking ...Continue Reading »
8. THE INCIDENCE OF DRUG ABUSE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SSS STUDENTS IN ESAN CENTRAL LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO S...» ABSTRACT This research was aimed at investigating the incidence of drugs abuse among secondary school students in Esan Central LGA of Edo State the fi...Continue Reading »
9. DRUG ABUSE AND STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCES IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN IKPOBA OKHA LOCAL GOVERNME...» ABSTRACT The study examined the problems of drug and substances, abuse among students in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State. In the course...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF THE USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT) IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The use of ICT could be an effective tool in attaining any goal set by Tertiary Institutions, the...Continue Reading »