Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 76 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Nigeria Union of Teachers is a known trade union in Nigeria. It was formed to foster a united front for practitioners of the teaching profession in the country. The impact of the union, covers an avenue for bringing forth ideas about the educational development of the country from the perspectives of teachers, improvement in the economic conditions of teachers and general economic security for teachers in the country.
The use of nonstandard and unpredictable educational codes for teachers and salary brought about the increase in teachers associations shrooming in various southern Nigerian cities, particularly in Lagos, Abeokuta and Calabar. The different associations realized that according the objectives of the groups to bring about a united front will create a strong voice for the interest of the teachers. This union was born in a hostile political and climatic environment. From the minutes of the NUT at inauguration, on July 8, 1931 which was a wet Wednesday morning, the teachers associations of Lagos, Agege, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Calabar and Ijebu-Ode joined met in a church Missionary together to form the Nigeria Union of Teachers. The first president of the group and chairman of the union in a letter dated25thjuly, addressed to the secretary, T, K. Cameroon, July 1931 and the late Oludotun Ransome Kuti, the husband of Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti and father of Fela Anikulapo Kuti appealing for the recognition of the shoulders of NUT leadership, when he said: “By entrusting us in a large number of teachers is difficult but a pleasant work of corporation with Education Authorities in this our beloved Nigeria... On May 27, 1972, the union joined with the Northern State Teachers Union, an association founded by Aminu Kano and a few northern Nigerian teachers in 1948. Extensively, the union has live up to it expectation as it has provided a body for the teachers in the country. Several strike actions were carried out by the union.
STATEMENT OF THE GENERAL PROBLEM
The general poor development of the Nigerian educational system has been a cause for a major concern as it has led to the production of below average students. The current poor state of education in Nigeria has been caused by several factors amongst others is the influence of teachers in the system. The educational system cannot be developed without the full involvement of teachers as such the reason for this study.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The major aim of the study is to examine the impact of Nigerian union of teachers on the educational system. Other specific objectives of the study are;
- To examine the possible objectives of the NUT in Nigeria.
- To determine the roles of teachers in ensuring a vibrant NUT.
- To establish the need for an improved educational system in Nigeria.
- To determine the relationship between NUT and educational development in Nigeria
- What is the impact of Nigerian union of teachers on education system in Nigeria?
- What are the possible objectives of the NUT in Nigeria?
- What are the roles of teachers in ensuring a vibrant NUT?
- What is the relationship between NUT and educational development in Nigeria?
H0: There is no significant relationship between Nigerian union of teachers and educational development in Nigeria
H1: There is a significant relationship between Nigerian union of teachers and educational development in Nigeria
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study would be o immense importance to the educational sectors and relevant stakeholders are it would reveal the impact of
Nigerian union of teachers on the educational system. The study would also be of immense importance to students, researchers and scholars who are interested in developing further research on the subject matter.
SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to the impact of Nigerian union of teachers on education system a case study of Owerri munincipal council.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Financial Constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview)
Time Constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF CLASS SIZE ON EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS” A CASE STUDY OF IKPOBA OKHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO ST...» ABSTRACT The purpose of this research work is to investigate the effect of class size in effective teaching and learning of junior secondary students ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction This chapter includes an overview of the background to the study, statement of the problem, purpose of the study, objecti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Accounting has been generically referred to as the language of business. It is an aid to trade and one of the foundations on ...Continue Reading »
4. ROLE OF CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION TOWARDS CONTROLLING HUMAN TRAFFICKING IN EHIME MBANO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.» Abstract The main aim of this study is to find out role of citizenship education towards controlling human trafficking in Ehime Mbano Local Government...Continue Reading »
5. THE INFLUENCE OF FAMILY SIZE ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA O...» ABSTRACT This project work sought to find out how family size influences the academic performance of students in secondary schools in Oredo Local Gove...Continue Reading »
6. AN INVESTIGATIVE STUDY ON THE AVAILABILITY AND USE OF TEACHING AIDS IN TEACHING MATHEMATICS IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is widely believed that mathematics is very important to the economic, scientific and politica...Continue Reading »
7. COMPARATIVE EFFECT OF CO-OPERATIVE LEARNING STRATEGY AND INQUIRY BASED METHOD IN THE LEARNING OF CHEMISTRY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Science may be viewed as a way of questioning or verifying the truthfulness of knowledge. It also can be said to be the knowledge which is ob...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Education is a process through which individuals acquire adequate and appropriate knowledge, skil...Continue Reading »
9. IMPACT OF MOTIVATION ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY. CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY (COCA-COLA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Although, there is general agreement among psychologists that man experiences a variety of needs,...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF TEACHERS QUALITY ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF NKANU EAST LGA)» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The importance of qualified teachers and school environment in secondary schools today in particular cannot b...Continue Reading »