Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Table of Contents
Title Page --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- i
Approval Page-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ii
Dedication-- -- -- -- -- -- --- -- -- -- iii
Acknowledgment-- -- -- -- -- ---- -- -- -- iv
Table of Contents-- -- -- -- -- ---- -- -- -- v
Abstract -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- vi
CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTION
Background of the study -- - -- -- ---- -- -- -- 1
Statement of the problem-- -- -- -- ---- -- -- -- 3
Purpose of the study-- -- -- -- -- ---- -- -- -- 3
Significance of the study-- -- -- -- ---- -- -- -- 3
Research question-- -- -- -- -- ---- -- -- -- 4
CHAPTER II: LITERATURE REVIEW
Introduction-- -- -- -- -- -- ---- -- -- -- 5
Meaning and concept of technical education -- -- -- -- 5
Importance of technical education -- -- ---- -- -- -- 8
Methodologies in teaching technical subject -- -- -- -- 9
Concept of teaching and learning -- -- ---- -- -- -- 13
Effective method of teaching technical subject -- -- -- -- 14
Problems of teaching and learning Domestic and industrial installations Technology -- -- -- -- 14
Instructional Materials, Equipment and Resources-- -- -- -- 18
Performance Enhancing Strategies -- -- -- -- -- -- 19
Training of Qualified Technology Teacher.-- -- -- -- -- 20
Attitudes and motivation of student -- -- -- -- -- -- 21
CHAPTER III: METHODOLOGY
Research design-- - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 23
Area of study -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 23
Population of the study-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 24
Sample and sampling technique-- -- -- -- -- -- -- 24
Instrument for data collection- -- -- -- --- -- -- 24
Validation of the instrument - -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 25
Reliability of the instrument -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 25
Method of data collection -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 26
Method of data analysis -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 26
CHAPTER IV: DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS-- -- 28
CHAPTER V: SUMMARY, FINDINGS, RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSIONS
Introduction-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 36
Re – Statement of the problem-- -- -- -- -- -- -- 36
Description of the procedures used -- -- -- -- -- -- 36
Summary of findings -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 36
Implication of the study -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 37
Recommendations-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 37
Suggestion for further research -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 38
Conclusions-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40
References-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 40
Appendix -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 41
The main purpose of the study is to identify ways of improving performance of students in domestic and industrial installations in national technical certificate examinations in technical colleges in Yobe state. Literatures relevant to the study were reviewed. The descriptive survey research design was adopted for the study. A total of 160 people (40 students and 120 teachers) were sampled for the study and a 25item questionnaire was developed and validated for data collection. A test- re-test was administered to determine the degree of internal consistency of the test instrument. The major findings of the study showed that: The syllabus for Domestic and industrial installations has certain deficiencies, there are inadequate Domestic and industrial installations teachers in the schools, there is inadequacy of instructional materials, tools and machines for students practical experience. Based on the above findings, conclusions were drawn and the following recommendations were made among others: Only qualified and well trained technical teachers with the relevant teaching qualifications should be employed to teach in our technical schools, adequate instructional materials, facilities and modern machines/tools should be provided.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Knowledge is acquired through the process of teaching and learning and every generation has been faced with the problem of enhancing and transmitting knowledge to the younger generation for long. The main channel of transmission has been an informal process which involved some teacher and learners. To date this problem is still evident in our school system.
Aina (1991) noted that the techniques of teaching used by teachers do not encourage initiative among students. He equally added that many technical teacher are not willing to accept change in method of teaching technical subjects.
The young people in the culture acquire the fundamental skills and knowledge by observing their elders at work and receiving instructions as the elders are willing to give. The best way of providing instruction in the fundamental crafts like carpentry, or furniture crafts is the apprenticeship system. This is where a child is sent to a master crafts man who will teach him the trade and provide much of his up-bringing. This system was effective but informal. Therefore there were needs for formal training which has led to the introduction of technical and vocational education in the school system.
Botton and Copa (1983) posited that technical education has a positive effect on the future earning and success of participant when compared to a similar group of non participant. It has also been known that student from technical colleges found their occupational education more relevant in term of job expectation than students in secondary school became after graduation they tend to exhibit the practical knowledge they have acquired by creating a mini–workshop for themselves so as to have something to uplift their life situation whether government employs them or not. The federal government of Nigeria (FGN, 1998) defined technical education as that form of education which is obtainable, at technical colleges. This is equivalent to the senior secondary school, but designed to prepared individual acquire practical skills basic and scientific knowledge and attitude required as craftsman and technicians at sub professional level.
It also specifics five levels where technical education is offered they are;
- Pre – vocational school
- Vocational school
- Technical colleges
- Secondary school
- Polytechnic colleges of education
- And university
Ohuche (1991) describes the policy as an eloquent and comprehensive statement expected among other things to guide. The Nigerian educational system in the foreseeable future.
It’s necessary for technical college curriculum in Nigeria to be consistently trustworthy and accurate in order to measure ability of it’s recipient for self reliance.
Technical colleges in Yobe state offer many trades/course which include furniture making block laying concreting, refrigeration and air conditions, electrical installation radio and television, motor vehicle mechanics, carpentry and joinery machine Domestic and industrila installations and other.
However it was observed that performance of student, particularly those that in the Domestic and industrila installations. Technology trade is not encouraging based on certain inadequacies in technical colleges in Yobe state.
Ehiametalor and Sofolahan (1989) observed that there are not enough vocational required skill, to teach in the vocational and technical school and such is constituting a serious draw back in the development of technical colleges.
Again Nzelum (1993) remarked that buildings and well equipped workshop are of paramount importance in the institution of learning unfortunately the same can not be seed of most of Domestic and industrila installations workshop in technical colleges of Yobe state. From the foregoing it can be implied shows that some technical colleges in Nigeria are faced with problem of teaching and learning technical subject particularly in Domestic and industrila installations technology because of lack of trained teachers, training facilities as well as poor teaching method. Therefore it’s necessary to examine the problem affecting the performances of the student in Domestic and industrila installations teaching in technical colleges of Yobe state.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The issues confronting the teaching and learning of domestic and industrial installations are enormous for instances Musa’az. (1980) said that the problem being faced in Nigeria educational system include, the following ;- Storage of classroom, furniture trained, supportive staff and supply of enough equipment.
From the above it seems that the performances of student in Domestic and industrial installations in technical colleges of Yobe state could be affected by the following ;- Inadequate instructional materials, facilities/ equipment and appropriate methods of teaching in view of the foregoing observations therefore it becomes necessary to identify some of the strategies that could be employed in order to improve the performances of student in the Domestic and industrial installations in the technical colleges of Yobe state.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to identify strategies for improving student performance in Domestic and industrial installations technology in technical colleges of Yobe state. Specifically the study is intended to;
1. Identify the problem affecting student performance in Domestic and industrial installations trade National Technical Certificate Examinations.
2. Determine the adequacy on instructional materials provided for the teaching and learning of Domestic and industrial installations technology in technical colleges of Yobe state.
3. Identify the techniques used in the teaching of Domestic and industrial installations technology in technical college.
4. Identify possible ways that could be adopted in order to improve the performance of students in Domestic and industrial installations trade.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The finding of this study will help Domestic and industrial installations teacher in the state to identify and use the most appropriate method of teaching Domestic and industrial installations.
The finding of this study will avail the state government information in the state of technical college in the state and hope filling encourage them provide the necessary infrastructure, equipment and training materials that are basic requirement for learning.
Student performance will improve as a result of positive response by government.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
This study specifically intends to give answer to the following research questions.
1. How adequate are the instructional materials available for the teaching and learning of Domestic and industrial installations technology in technical colleges of Yobe state
2. What are Factor affecting the teaching and learning of Domestic and industrial installations in technical colleges of Yobe state
3. What is the predominant method used in teaching and learning of Domestic and industrial installations technology in technical colleges of Yobe state.
4. What are the strategies for improving the study of Domestic and industrial installations in technical colleges in Yobe state
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TEACHING RESOURCES FOR LEARNING AND STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EGOR LGA OF ED...» ABSTRACT This study intends to find out the relationship between teaching resources for learning and students academic performance in English Language...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING SERVICES ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AND CAREER CHOICE IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS OF SOKOTO METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background to the Study According to Melvin (1975), secondary school education is the engine room of knowledge acquisitio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Our secondary school today offer some subject like chemistry, physics, English language, mathematics,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education provides children with the knowledge and skills necessary to advance themselves an...Continue Reading »
5. A SURVEY OF THE COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION IN FINANCING PRIMARY EDUCATION: A CASE STUDY OF IGUEBEN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EDO STATE» ABSTRACT The success of any educational system is a joint responsibility of every component of the system in service to the organization,, similarly t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The students’ academic achievement plays an important role in producing the best quality gradua...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Chapter one Introduction Background of the study Statement of problem Objective of the study Significance of the study Research quest...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT OF STUDENTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOC...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Reward and punishment are regarded as a complete important means through which a teacher can maintain...Continue Reading »
9. COMPARATIVE STUDY BETWEEN THE ACHIEVEMENT MALE AND FEMALE STUDENTS IN COMPUTER STUDIES IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN IZZI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EB...» ABSTRACT This research work studied the relationship between student’s gender and academic achievement in Computer Science in Onicha Local Gover...Continue Reading »
10. FACTORS AFFECTING ATTITUDE TO WORK OF SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS AND STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN IMO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Teachers occupy every important position in the educational system of any country because it is u...Continue Reading »