Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the study
According to oxford dictionary, it defines improvisation as inventing or making from whatever is available when the real item or object is not available. in this present era where the need for technical education is greatly increasing and the instructional materials to teach this subject are either not available or not adequate, the large fund which is allocated to technical education is no longer effort to meet the adequate provision of this instructional material, the acquisition of improvisation skills among teacher is one of the major way to salvage the situation in Nigeria. The use of local material since Nigeria is blessed with so many natural resources.
Guthrie (1999) defines skills as the ability to bring about some end result with maximum certainty and minimum out lay of energy of time and energy. A novice could conceive execute a flawless motor skill, yet not be able to perform it consistently, or with as little effort relative to an expert performer.
Technical education is an aspect of education designed to prepare student for industry, agriculture, commerce, home economics which is usually provided at school.
According to the national policy on education (NPE) it defined technical education as that aspect of education that leads to the acquisition of practical and applied skills as well as basic scientific knowledge.
In this sense, it form a practical segment of education that involves skills acquisition it also entails the enrichment of the capabilities that influence the effective, psychomotor or cognitive domains of individual in readiness for entry into the world of work in order to satisfy their intrinsic and extrinsic values, work goals and aspirations such that local and national needs would be met.
In the face of mechanistic change in technology age, man is losing his ability to perceive, feel and create. However, personal identity and individual vision can be renewed by building sensory, artistic and cultural awareness in children. Owolabi (2004).
Statement of the problems
The study is concerned with the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Katsina state researchers carried out investigation on improvisation skills on teachers and noted that they lack skills.
Purpose of the study
This study sees the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Katsina state especially, the study will
1. Find out whether teachers have adequate improvisation skills
2. Find out if the available skills meet up with the present demand
3. Investigate method of improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology
Significance of the study
The study will help the teachers of basic technology improve their improvisation skills for the effective teaching of basic technology in secondary schools.
Since one of the major problems is lack of improvisation skills among teachers it will also serve as a guide and then educate teacher in this area, even those who have the skills will be gingered to improve on it to meet the current trend. Government and policy makers will also see the trend to create more favorable policy to help in training teachers acquire improvisation skills, also private sector will also investing in the training of technical teachers.
1. How do teachers of basic technology have adequate improvisation skills
2. How does improvisation improve the knowledge of technology among student
3. What are the step are taken in improving the improvisation skills among teacher of basic technology
Scope of the study
This project is concerned with the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in Katsina state.
Definition of term
Improvisation:- It is the act of using materials obtainable from the local environment or designed by the teacher or with the help of local personnel to enhance instruction [Kaduna & Umeano, 2006].
It is also the act of substituting for the standard equipment or instruction materials not available, with locally made equipment or instructional materials from readily made equipment materials from readily able naturally resources (Theigbulem, 2007)
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In the field of education & psychology, learning has been discovered all over the world to b...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPORTANCE OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE LABORATORY APPARATUS IN THE TEACHING OF BIOLOGY IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS; A STUDY OF SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOL...» Introduction Biology is an incredibly fascinating field of study, because it is so fundamental to our world. Biology plays a role in everyone’s live...Continue Reading »
3. COMPETENCY IMPROVEMENT NEEDS OF TECHNOLOGY TEACHERS TO ENHANCE THE IMPROVEMENT NEEDS OF TECHNOLOGY TEACHERS TO ENHANCE THE IMPLEMENTATION OF BASIC TEC...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the Study A good educational system is a strong base for technology development it equips people with knowle...Continue Reading »
4. THE USE OF MULTIMEDIA IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF COMPUTER SCIENCE (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE)» ABSTRACT This project work has looked into the use of multi media in teaching and learning of computer science, a case study of Oredo local government...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Distance learning, sometimes called e learning, is a formalized teaching and learning system spec...Continue Reading »
6. COOPERATIVE LEARNING APPROACH TO TEACHING GENETICS AND SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS ACHIEVEMENT IN BIOLOGY IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.» TABLE OF CONTENT Pages Cover page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vi List of tables ix List of Ap...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF TELEVISION INDOMIE ADVERTISEMENT ON CHILDREN (AN APPRAISAL OF PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS IN ERIN-OSUN)» ABSTRACT Television and advertising together present a lethal combination and has become an integral part of modern society .It is the most convenient...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The importance of education to the development of human society cannot be overemphasized. Joseph ...Continue Reading »
» AbstractThe aim of the article is to provide a theoretical nexus between social values, deviance and security in Nigeria. In Nigeria today, society at...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was motivated by the observed low life expectancy of men compared to women. Explanations to this observation were sought for in th...Continue Reading »