Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the study
According to oxford dictionary, it defines improvisation as inventing or making from whatever is available when the real item or object is not available. in this present era where the need for technical education is greatly increasing and the instructional materials to teach this subject are either not available or not adequate, the large fund which is allocated to technical education is no longer effort to meet the adequate provision of this instructional material, the acquisition of improvisation skills among teacher is one of the major way to salvage the situation in Nigeria. The use of local material since Nigeria is blessed with so many natural resources.
Guthrie (1999) defines skills as the ability to bring about some end result with maximum certainty and minimum out lay of energy of time and energy. A novice could conceive execute a flawless motor skill, yet not be able to perform it consistently, or with as little effort relative to an expert performer.
Technical education is an aspect of education designed to prepare student for industry, agriculture, commerce, home economics which is usually provided at school.
According to the national policy on education (NPE) it defined technical education as that aspect of education that leads to the acquisition of practical and applied skills as well as basic scientific knowledge.
In this sense, it form a practical segment of education that involves skills acquisition it also entails the enrichment of the capabilities that influence the effective, psychomotor or cognitive domains of individual in readiness for entry into the world of work in order to satisfy their intrinsic and extrinsic values, work goals and aspirations such that local and national needs would be met.
In the face of mechanistic change in technology age, man is losing his ability to perceive, feel and create. However, personal identity and individual vision can be renewed by building sensory, artistic and cultural awareness in children. Owolabi (2004).
Statement of the problems
The study is concerned with the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Katsina state researchers carried out investigation on improvisation skills on teachers and noted that they lack skills.
Purpose of the study
This study sees the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Katsina state especially, the study will
1. Find out whether teachers have adequate improvisation skills
2. Find out if the available skills meet up with the present demand
3. Investigate method of improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology
Significance of the study
The study will help the teachers of basic technology improve their improvisation skills for the effective teaching of basic technology in secondary schools.
Since one of the major problems is lack of improvisation skills among teachers it will also serve as a guide and then educate teacher in this area, even those who have the skills will be gingered to improve on it to meet the current trend. Government and policy makers will also see the trend to create more favorable policy to help in training teachers acquire improvisation skills, also private sector will also investing in the training of technical teachers.
1. How do teachers of basic technology have adequate improvisation skills
2. How does improvisation improve the knowledge of technology among student
3. What are the step are taken in improving the improvisation skills among teacher of basic technology
Scope of the study
This project is concerned with the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in Katsina state.
Definition of term
Improvisation:- It is the act of using materials obtainable from the local environment or designed by the teacher or with the help of local personnel to enhance instruction [Kaduna & Umeano, 2006].
It is also the act of substituting for the standard equipment or instruction materials not available, with locally made equipment or instructional materials from readily made equipment materials from readily able naturally resources (Theigbulem, 2007)
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF SINGLE PARENTHOOD ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PUPILS IN PRIMARY SCHOOL: A CASE STUDY OF EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY` A single parent is a parent not living with a spouse or a partner. The single parent has most of the day...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study When Western and Scientific Medicine was born and began to develop under the gleams of Hippocrates (4...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this research is to investigate and find out the school factors that affect teaching and learning English language at primary leve...Continue Reading »
4. INFLUENCE OF RECREATIONAL FACILITIES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PRIMARY FOUR PUPILS TAUGHT SOCIAL STUDIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The teaching – learning process involves a vast array of interactional processes at the cen...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECTS OF INTEGRATED GROUP BASED MASTERY LEARNING MODEL ON SOCIAL STUDIES STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT» ABSTRACT The quest for the effective methods of teaching social studies in Nigerian schools is a continuous one. This research is designed to investig...Continue Reading »
6. HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHER’S PERFORMANCE IN ECONOMICS EDUCATION IN IMO STATE UNIVERSITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Economics we all know deals with the human behaviour which can further be explained as the way we...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study The issue of welfare services in Nigeria exist with the motive of assisting the handicapped person...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study investigates the attitude of teachers towards teaching in rural areas in Nigeria using Brass Local Government Area of Bayelsa Stat...Continue Reading »
9. INFLUENCE OF FAMILY BACKGROUND ON EDUCATIONAL ASPIRATIONS OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at examining the influence of family background on educational aspirations of secondary school students in Uyo Local Gov...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education provides children with the knowledge and skills necessary to advance themselves an...Continue Reading »