Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the study
According to oxford dictionary, it defines improvisation as inventing or making from whatever is available when the real item or object is not available. in this present era where the need for technical education is greatly increasing and the instructional materials to teach this subject are either not available or not adequate, the large fund which is allocated to technical education is no longer effort to meet the adequate provision of this instructional material, the acquisition of improvisation skills among teacher is one of the major way to salvage the situation in Nigeria. The use of local material since Nigeria is blessed with so many natural resources.
Guthrie (1999) defines skills as the ability to bring about some end result with maximum certainty and minimum out lay of energy of time and energy. A novice could conceive execute a flawless motor skill, yet not be able to perform it consistently, or with as little effort relative to an expert performer.
Technical education is an aspect of education designed to prepare student for industry, agriculture, commerce, home economics which is usually provided at school.
According to the national policy on education (NPE) it defined technical education as that aspect of education that leads to the acquisition of practical and applied skills as well as basic scientific knowledge.
In this sense, it form a practical segment of education that involves skills acquisition it also entails the enrichment of the capabilities that influence the effective, psychomotor or cognitive domains of individual in readiness for entry into the world of work in order to satisfy their intrinsic and extrinsic values, work goals and aspirations such that local and national needs would be met.
In the face of mechanistic change in technology age, man is losing his ability to perceive, feel and create. However, personal identity and individual vision can be renewed by building sensory, artistic and cultural awareness in children. Owolabi (2004).
Statement of the problems
The study is concerned with the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Katsina state researchers carried out investigation on improvisation skills on teachers and noted that they lack skills.
Purpose of the study
This study sees the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Katsina state especially, the study will
1. Find out whether teachers have adequate improvisation skills
2. Find out if the available skills meet up with the present demand
3. Investigate method of improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology
Significance of the study
The study will help the teachers of basic technology improve their improvisation skills for the effective teaching of basic technology in secondary schools.
Since one of the major problems is lack of improvisation skills among teachers it will also serve as a guide and then educate teacher in this area, even those who have the skills will be gingered to improve on it to meet the current trend. Government and policy makers will also see the trend to create more favorable policy to help in training teachers acquire improvisation skills, also private sector will also investing in the training of technical teachers.
1. How do teachers of basic technology have adequate improvisation skills
2. How does improvisation improve the knowledge of technology among student
3. What are the step are taken in improving the improvisation skills among teacher of basic technology
Scope of the study
This project is concerned with the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in Katsina state.
Definition of term
Improvisation:- It is the act of using materials obtainable from the local environment or designed by the teacher or with the help of local personnel to enhance instruction [Kaduna & Umeano, 2006].
It is also the act of substituting for the standard equipment or instruction materials not available, with locally made equipment or instructional materials from readily made equipment materials from readily able naturally resources (Theigbulem, 2007)
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF SCHOOL RECORDS BY SECONDARY SCHOOL PRINCIPALS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Information is every organization’s most basic and essential asset and in common with any other business assets recorde...Continue Reading »
2. THE INFLUENCE OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS ON CAREER ASPIRATION AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study This study examines the effects of socio economic status on the career as...Continue Reading »
3. APPLICATION OF EARLY MARRIAGE ON WOMEN EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN ABAKALIKI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BONYI STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study In the world all over, marriage is an institution which calls for a moment of celebration and a miles...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Federal Government in the year 2005 through the former Minister of Education, Mrs. Chinwe Oba...Continue Reading »
5. THE INFLEUNCE OF PRINCIPALS’LEADERSHIP STYLES ON SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS JOB PERFORMANCE IN SAPELE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The wealth of a given country is principally determined by the human resources, available natural...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The importance of qualified teachers and school attitude in schools today in particular cannot be ove...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF PARENTAL INFLUENCE ON THE CHOICE OF CAREER AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ANAMBRA STATE» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to identify the effects of parental influence has on the child's learning and his future life, endeavour of student...Continue Reading »
8. PERCEIVED CAUSES OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN OWERRI NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF IMO STATE» Abstract This research work was designed ton examine the Perceived Causes of Teenage Pregnancy among Secondary School Students in Owerri North Local G...Continue Reading »
9. THE APPRAISAL OF THE PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS CONFRONTING STUDENT TEACHERS ON TEACHING PRACTICE IN BENIN CITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The importance of Teaching Practice in teacher education programme cannot be over emphasized. It is a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 Background to The Study: The term pidgin is used to refer to a language which develops in a situation where speakers of different languages ...Continue Reading »