The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
Get the complete project »
Background of the study
According to oxford dictionary, it defines improvisation as inventing or making from whatever is available when the real item or object is not available. in this present era where the need for technical education is greatly increasing and the instructional materials to teach this subject are either not available or not adequate, the large fund which is allocated to technical education is no longer effort to meet the adequate provision of this instructional material, the acquisition of improvisation skills among teacher is one of the major way to salvage the situation in Nigeria. The use of local material since Nigeria is blessed with so many natural resources.
Guthrie (1999) defines skills as the ability to bring about some end result with maximum certainty and minimum out lay of energy of time and energy. A novice could conceive execute a flawless motor skill, yet not be able to perform it consistently, or with as little effort relative to an expert performer.
Technical education is an aspect of education designed to prepare student for industry, agriculture, commerce, home economics which is usually provided at school.
According to the national policy on education (NPE) it defined technical education as that aspect of education that leads to the acquisition of practical and applied skills as well as basic scientific knowledge.
In this sense, it form a practical segment of education that involves skills acquisition it also entails the enrichment of the capabilities that influence the effective, psychomotor or cognitive domains of individual in readiness for entry into the world of work in order to satisfy their intrinsic and extrinsic values, work goals and aspirations such that local and national needs would be met.
In the face of mechanistic change in technology age, man is losing his ability to perceive, feel and create. However, personal identity and individual vision can be renewed by building sensory, artistic and cultural awareness in children. Owolabi (2004).
Statement of the problems
The study is concerned with the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Katsina state researchers carried out investigation on improvisation skills on teachers and noted that they lack skills.
Purpose of the study
This study sees the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Katsina state especially, the study will
1. Find out whether teachers have adequate improvisation skills
2. Find out if the available skills meet up with the present demand
3. Investigate method of improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology
Significance of the study
The study will help the teachers of basic technology improve their improvisation skills for the effective teaching of basic technology in secondary schools.
Since one of the major problems is lack of improvisation skills among teachers it will also serve as a guide and then educate teacher in this area, even those who have the skills will be gingered to improve on it to meet the current trend. Government and policy makers will also see the trend to create more favorable policy to help in training teachers acquire improvisation skills, also private sector will also investing in the training of technical teachers.
1. How do teachers of basic technology have adequate improvisation skills
2. How does improvisation improve the knowledge of technology among student
3. What are the step are taken in improving the improvisation skills among teacher of basic technology
Scope of the study
This project is concerned with the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in Katsina state.
Definition of term
Improvisation:- It is the act of using materials obtainable from the local environment or designed by the teacher or with the help of local personnel to enhance instruction [Kaduna & Umeano, 2006].
It is also the act of substituting for the standard equipment or instruction materials not available, with locally made equipment or instructional materials from readily made equipment materials from readily able naturally resources (Theigbulem, 2007)
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The immunization of a new born child is a very important way of preventing illness considering th...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 202 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT This project was basically carried out to investigate, analyze and ameliorate the roles of principals of secondary school in Kebbi State. Fro...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 112 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. THE EFFECTS OF INDISCIPLINE ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN IGUEBEN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Discipline, according to Jemibewon (1976) is a highly desirable quality of human being or social grou...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 176 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. ICT AND STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE: A STUDY IN SELECTED PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBO...» LIST OF TABLES Table 1: Pearson Product Moment Correlation of Mean and Standard Deviation showing the answers of the responses on computer influence o...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 117 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. ASSESSMENT OF THE UTILIZATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING FOUNDRY TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN GOMBE STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Certification ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE : INTROD...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 29 hits | Source: EDUCATION
6. THE ATTITUDE OF PARENTS TOWARDS THE EDUCATION OF FEMALE STUDENTS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Egor Local Government Area is one of the eighteen local government area in Edo State. The major occup...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 140 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN MOCK AND WASSCE EXAMINATIONS IN AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SEC...» ABSTRACT This research work compared student’s performance in MOCK and WAEC examination in Agricultural science. This study was prompted and mot...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 180 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTI...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 95 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. ASSESSMENT ON THE UTILIZATION OF AUDIO VISUAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING BASIC TECHNOLOGY IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 31 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. THEORETICAL RESEARCH ON THE EFFECT OF COMPUTER USAGE ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyThe world is constantly changing and ways in which we function at home, work and school are also cha...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 415 hits | Source: EDUCATION