Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the study
According to oxford dictionary, it defines improvisation as inventing or making from whatever is available when the real item or object is not available. in this present era where the need for technical education is greatly increasing and the instructional materials to teach this subject are either not available or not adequate, the large fund which is allocated to technical education is no longer effort to meet the adequate provision of this instructional material, the acquisition of improvisation skills among teacher is one of the major way to salvage the situation in Nigeria. The use of local material since Nigeria is blessed with so many natural resources.
Guthrie (1999) defines skills as the ability to bring about some end result with maximum certainty and minimum out lay of energy of time and energy. A novice could conceive execute a flawless motor skill, yet not be able to perform it consistently, or with as little effort relative to an expert performer.
Technical education is an aspect of education designed to prepare student for industry, agriculture, commerce, home economics which is usually provided at school.
According to the national policy on education (NPE) it defined technical education as that aspect of education that leads to the acquisition of practical and applied skills as well as basic scientific knowledge.
In this sense, it form a practical segment of education that involves skills acquisition it also entails the enrichment of the capabilities that influence the effective, psychomotor or cognitive domains of individual in readiness for entry into the world of work in order to satisfy their intrinsic and extrinsic values, work goals and aspirations such that local and national needs would be met.
In the face of mechanistic change in technology age, man is losing his ability to perceive, feel and create. However, personal identity and individual vision can be renewed by building sensory, artistic and cultural awareness in children. Owolabi (2004).
Statement of the problems
The study is concerned with the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Katsina state researchers carried out investigation on improvisation skills on teachers and noted that they lack skills.
Purpose of the study
This study sees the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Katsina state especially, the study will
1. Find out whether teachers have adequate improvisation skills
2. Find out if the available skills meet up with the present demand
3. Investigate method of improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology
Significance of the study
The study will help the teachers of basic technology improve their improvisation skills for the effective teaching of basic technology in secondary schools.
Since one of the major problems is lack of improvisation skills among teachers it will also serve as a guide and then educate teacher in this area, even those who have the skills will be gingered to improve on it to meet the current trend. Government and policy makers will also see the trend to create more favorable policy to help in training teachers acquire improvisation skills, also private sector will also investing in the training of technical teachers.
1. How do teachers of basic technology have adequate improvisation skills
2. How does improvisation improve the knowledge of technology among student
3. What are the step are taken in improving the improvisation skills among teacher of basic technology
Scope of the study
This project is concerned with the Skills needed for improving improvisation skills among teachers of basic technology in Katsina state.
Definition of term
Improvisation:- It is the act of using materials obtainable from the local environment or designed by the teacher or with the help of local personnel to enhance instruction [Kaduna & Umeano, 2006].
It is also the act of substituting for the standard equipment or instruction materials not available, with locally made equipment or instructional materials from readily made equipment materials from readily able naturally resources (Theigbulem, 2007)
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF SUPERVISION IN PROMOTING EFFICIENCY IN TEACHING AND INSTRUCTION IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Supervision right from time immemorial has to improve the activities of teaching and learning in ...Continue Reading »
2. INFLUENCE OF TELEVISED VIOLENCE ON SOCIOEMOTIONAL AND ACADEMIC ADJUSTMENT OF STUDENTS IN FEDERAL TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN ANAMBRA STATE» ABSTRACT The major focus of this study is to assess the influence of television violence on socio emotional and adjustment of student of federal terti...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF TEACHER’S QUALIFICATION ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN ACID-BASE TITRATIONS IN IKOT EKPENE LOCAL GOV...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page Cover Declaration Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Table of Contents List of Tables List of Figures List of Appen...Continue Reading »
4. AN INVESTIGATION IN TO THE PROBLEM FACING TEACHERS IN TEACHING COMPUTER SCIENCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOL TODAY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The How fast the world has grown, from the days of the primitive man, to the days of the medieval...Continue Reading »
5. INVESTIGATION INTO THE USE OF ADULT EDUCATION AS AN AGENT FOR SOCIAL CHANGE IN NIGERIA; A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED INSTITUTION IN BAYELSA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Every government strives through investment to achieve social development for the wellbeing of her ci...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study There has been increasing interest in introducing innovations such as Information and Communication Tec...Continue Reading »
7. COMPARATIVE ASSESSMENT OF TEACHING METHODS AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PUPILS IN SOCIAL STUDIES IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACTThis study examined comparative assessment of teaching methods and academic performance of pupils in social studies in Uyo Local Government Ar...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Occupation has a serious influence on peoples’ sense, of identity. Withdrawing from it, makes a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The issue of Chaplaincy Service in our Universities and other educational institutions is so crucial ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1: PROBLEM, AIMS AND PLAN OF STUDY 1.1 Introductory orientation Truancy is about learners who have not been attending school regularly as requ...Continue Reading »