Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research is aimed at investigating into the socio-economic effect of population growth in Dekina Local Government Area of Kogi State. To actualized this investigation, chapter one started with background of the study, statement of the problems, purpose of the study, research questions, significance of the study, scope of the study and definition of terms. While chapter two revealed the scholars view on the topic. In chapter three the oral interview and questionnaire method of data collection was used by the researchers from the study undertaken it was used revealed and analysis of data. In chapter four socio-economic effect of growth in population causes by early marriage and moral practice as perpetrated by the young ones. Chapter five shown the summary of findings, recommendations and possible conclusion were drawn, that from investigation increase in population cause unemployment, social vices, famine and starvation.
1.1 Background of the study
Erawn (1977) defines the concept of population as the number of people living in one geographical area at a particular time. The study of population is as old as the world itself. The need to study demography or population can never be over-emphasized. The question of population gives rise to population census which is inevitable for social, economic and political planning in a country. In the same vein, Alades (1984) says that population refers to a group of people inhabiting geographical location. The trend of Nigerian population since 1963 was about 55.7 millions people as time changes so also thins including population continue to change, that is after the census of 1973 figure, which brought the population figure of Nigeria to 120 million people. Out of the total number, over 75% of the population resides in the rural area. Agricultural activities take place while the remaining 25% of the population lives in the urban centres. Within the time frame right from when Nigeria attained independence rapid population growth is caused by early marriage, immoral practice as encouraged by young people and purely which dragged so many young girls into such prostitution thereby contributing to increase in population growth. Such population growth affects the labour force. Christianity and Islam, the two major religions abhor population control methods like sex education, the use of contraceptive etc. they inadvertently encourage increase in population. They did not understand the medical devices used in controlling unwanted pregnancies thereby leading to the increase in population by these group. Large population is synonymous with the expansion of local market. By expansion of local market we means, increase in demand for goods and services in the country. This is as a result of the fact that large number of people constitutes consumers. Increase in demand for goods and services will lead to increase in production and that is a good omen to the country’s economic development. A country that has large population will also have more people that are working if other things being equal. These people that are gainfully employed and are potential contributors to the economic development of the country. The more they are the better for the country. As the population of a country continues to increase, so will the number of skill and talented people continue to diversify in all parts of the country. It is in the light development that this study attempt to examine the socio-economic effect of population rate in Nigeria using Dekina Local Government Area of Kogi State as a study
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In the course of this research work, the researcher encountered some problems. Some of these problems are:
- There was no enough time for the researcher to go round the whole local government because the researcher combined academic work with the research.
- There was no enough money for the researcher to produce much questionnaire to circulate the whole village in the local government (Dekina).
- Another problem was that of the respondents; some of them were not ready to respond appropriately for the fear of one thing or the other as they thought it will have negative implication on them
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are;
1. To ascertain the causes of Continuous increase in population
2. To ascertain the relationship between socio-economic effect and population growth
3. To ascertain the effect of socio-economic on population growth
1.1 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: there are no causes of Continuous increase in population
H1: there are causes of Continuous increase in population
H02: there is no relationship between socio-economic effect and population growth
H2: there is relationship between socio-economic effect and population growth
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research is unique because it is the first study carried out on the socio-economic effect of rapid population growth in Nigeria and the people in Dekina Local Government Area. This has advantage of creating awareness in the society as a result of continuous increase in population as it affect them. This is also important as it open widely the eyes of the people to look into the result on continuous increase in population from various perspectives and to look for means of solving the problem This study is a model attempt to document the factors that lead to the continuous increase in population in the area, since there is tendency for scholars to take further step into the investigation.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers socio-economic effect of population growth in Nigeria. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Socio: According to Oxford Advanced Learners, Dictionary, socio simply means combining form connected with society or the study of society.
Economics: According to Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, economics is the study of how society organizes its money, trade and industry.
Socio-Economic: according to Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, Socio-economic is based on a combination of social and economic conditions.
POPULATION GROWTH: population growth is the increase in the number of individuals in a population
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFLUENCE OF RECREATIONAL FACILITIES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PRIMARY FOUR PUPILS TAUGHT SOCIAL STUDIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The teaching – learning process involves a vast array of interactional processes at the cen...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 248 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. EFFECT OF POLITICAL INSTABILITY ON IMPLEMENTATION OF NIGERIA POLICY ON SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The problem of political instability on implementation of Nigeria policy on secondary education canno...Continue Reading »
104 pages | 283 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. BLENDED LEARNING APPROACH AND STUDENTS ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN PHYSICS IN UYO L. G. A, AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT The research study was designed and carried out basically to check the effects of Blended Learning Approach in teaching physics in public and...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 243 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT This paper examined the impact of teacher motivation on academic performance of students. It proceeded by defining teacher motivation as a ge...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 82 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. PERCEPTION OF STUDENTS ON THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF MATHEMATICS ANXIETY AMONG STUDENTS OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA; A CASE STUDY OF UAM» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the perception of students on the causes and effects of mathematics anxiety among students in tertiary in...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Teachers’ quality has been the focus of considerable debated worldwide since the middle of 20th...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 85 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Children and adult respectively are found to be reactive in character and behaviour at times. Mostly,...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 595 hits | Source: EDUCATION
8. FACTORS INFLUENCING REASONING ABILITY OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN EZEAGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU STATE: A STUDY OF AGUOBU-OWA HIGH SCHOOL» ABSTRACT This study explored the factors influencing the reasoning ability of secondary school students in Ezeagu Local Government Area (LGA) of Enugu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 172 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. A STUDY OF ADOLESCENT ATTITUDE TOWARDS SEX EDUCATION IN THE SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN OWAN WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The Nigerian society today has to grapple with many behavioural problems of its youth. Such problems ...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 299 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE MODE OF IMPLEMENTATION OF NIGERIAN SECONDARY SCHOOL CURRICULUM: TOWARDS SOCIO-ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT OF YOUTH» ABSTRACT Nigeria, having realized the effectiveness of education as a powerful instrument for national progress and development, adjusted her secondar...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: EDUCATION