Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aim of the research is to find out the reactions of parents towards their children's education in view of the present level of unemployment opportunities in Wamakko Local Government area of Sokoto state. It will seek to find out whether parents consider education nowadays as a waste of human and financial resources in view Of unemployment problem. In addition, this research will investigate whether parents attach any importance to the education of their female children in view of present unemployment problems. It will further seek to know unemployment has effect on parental view as regards the type of courses children will read. In order to find out all these problems, the researchers will formulate questionnaires for the parents to fill, at the same time the researchers will make keen and practical observations in the course of administering the questionnaires. In analyzing the questionnaire, simple random techniques will be used for easy comprehension. At the end, the researchers will finds out whether the present lack of employment opportunities affects all parents or not because some of the parents send their children to school for the sake of Education. The research will show a strike of balance between those parents who consider the education as a waste of human material resources and those who do not. Finally, we will discover whether unemployment have effect on the parental view in the type of courses they would like their children to read as most parents prefer their children to study medicine.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The researchers wish to investigate the employment problem in connection with the first time job seekers that graduated from the post secondary schools, between the years of 2009 to 2012 and the reaction of the parent in general towards (as seems to them) government crude policy on the freeze on employment.
If one flashes back to those old good days about 1966 to early 1989, one would see that employment opportunity were available. So much so that those who had the opportunity and patiently underwent all the deals, it look to survive the primary and secondary education above all university education, were the cynosure and reference point of the people.
They become the focus of their people, and much pride till the hearts of their parent whenever they are being discussed. In essence, there educated one just like the messiahs to their people in particular had their community in general.
This is because the parent knew that these products of western education were viable and were also men of hope for better living standard. Everything is expected to be under their disposition; a good job, a car, high status and above all respectability. The educated ones were seen as the beacons that would shine through the goony darkness that enshrine the fate of some peasant farmers in the society.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS FOR LEARNING OF COMPUTER STUDIES IN IKWO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» Abstract This study sought to investigateavailability and utilization of instructional materials for learning of computer studies in Ikwo Local Govern...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 116 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study Education as the key to development has the capacity to upgrade teaching effectiveness as well as ...Continue Reading »
59 pages | 249 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Cultism and its attendant problems have assumed a threatening dimension in recent times in the Nigerian society. More disturb...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 242 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. EFFECTS OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC BACKGROUND OF PARENTS ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF THEIR CHILDREN IN SCHOOLS IN IGUEBEN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Man as a social being is endowed with different abilities to explore his environment and possibly...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 235 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. ASSESSMENT OF THE UTILIZATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING FOUNDRY TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN GOMBE STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Certification ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE : INTROD...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 111 hits | Source: EDUCATION
6. THE IMPACT OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON THE LEARNING AND TEACHING OF SOCIAL STUDIES IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN BRUTITHI LGA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The influence of instructional materials in promoting students’ academic performance and teachi...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 127 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. THE EFFECTS OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EKET LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine the effects of rewards and punishment on students academic performance in secondary schools in Eket Lo...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 181 hits | Source: EDUCATION
8. A STUDY OF GENDER DIFFERENCES IN THE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TO SCIENCE SUBJECTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OSUN STATE A CASE STUDY OF ILE-IFE C...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The Nigerian society today has to grapple with many behavioural problems of its youth. Such problems ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 86 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. IMPACT OF NIGERIAN UNION OF TEACHERS ON EDUCATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF OWERRI MUNINCIPAL COUNCIL)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria Union of Teachers is a known trade union in Nigeria. It was formed to foster a united front f...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 222 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. A LEGAL AND JURISPRUDENTIAL ANALYSIS OF HOMOSEXUALITY AND SAME SEX MARRIAGES: SUPPORTING THE NIGERIAN POSITIION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 DEFINITION OF HOMOSEXUALITY Homosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior between members of the same sex or...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 316 hits | Source: EDUCATION