Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 68 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Attempt has been made in this study to examine the effects of motivation on the performance of teachers, a case study of some selected secondary schools in Ovia South West Local Government Area, Edo State. The hypothesis gotten from this research work shows that there are many causes of low performance of teachers but motivation serve as the main factor. The questionnaires were administered and collected immediately. The population for the study is some selected secondary schools in Ovia South West Local Government Area Edo State. The data collected were analyzed with the percentages method.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background of the study
Statement of the problem
Purpose of the study
Significance of the study
Delimitation of the study
Limitation of the study
Definition of terms
Population of the study
Sample and sampling technique
Validity and reliability
Method of administering the research instrument
Method of data analysis
Presentation and analysis of data
Summary, conclusion and recommendation
Summary of findings
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The teaching profession previously was accorded with respect, honor and dignity. This enviable profession was a sort of motivation to many teachers. Also not only afford life career and permanent membership but also renders services to the public. It has code of ethics; the code of ethics for teachers is contained in the handbooks of the Nigeria union of teachers. They were revealed and give pride of place in the study. But recently, the government and all its organs neglect teachers and the educational sector, while motivation can be brought about by adequate remuneration, fringe benefits and recognition. They can also be made to occupy high social status in the society.
However, in spite of the facts that this motivation was not really there, teachers still did their work conscientiously producing desired result. There is no doubt before 1980 teachers started to recognize their own worth and demand for their right when these was not forth coming their attitude to their work began to change and this was the beginning of the down word side in education in the country. It was also the beginning of industrial actions by teacher’s nationwide. From 1980 till date, the country had witnessed countless number of strikes and counters strikes as the many other establishments, strikes is a common action embarked upon by workers over the years. There have been wide spread concern on what teachers can do effectively and how this condition of services could be achieved, the resultant effect was a further determination of students performance. This has been the major concern of the researcher who has decided to find out.
According to Nwanchukwu (1990) it is a fact that frown both the lay man and expert point of view the level of performance in way organization are remunerated and other monetary incentives. There is no other saying that the primary motive of investing is to meet the organization goals therefore there are certain factors which need to be considered in order to attain the above is the realization of objectives. Moreover, it is important to note that motivation is important if the desired level of performance would be attained. Thus the employers they should be aware that old methods of persuading society to produce the desired result. Therefore, it is necessary for employers of labour to be fully equipped with all the motivational tools and their applications if the stated organizational objectives would be activated. It is the hope and the belief of the researcher that if employers wants their employee to perform effectively they should reciprocate by providing the necessary incentives for examples newspaper, daily times in expressing the light of teachers work that it is totally unjustifiable and well reasonable to notice bond treatment towards teachers.
Teachers arte the producers of the following bank manager, oil miners, judge, chief accountant, lawyers, senators, governors even the president. But it is the salary of the teachers that is always delayed and it is the arrears of salaries to teachers that are usually dumped in sides dustbins untouched at the school boards is in heaven. Thus they succeeded in maintaining and improving educational standard as by Ubjuke effective performance on the part of the employers is essential for the success of the organization. An understanding of what motivate individual is necessary to reveal and potential released.
In the light of this problem the study is designed to assist measure and explain the performance of teachers, in some selected secondary schools in Ovia South West Local Government Area of Edo State. This study is interested in teachers as they occupy a significant role in the development of any country. It focuses on secondary school teachers who will be called upon the shoulders the responsibilities of seeing to the successful take off of introduced six years course in secondary schools. The teacher therefore needs to be lightly motivated for successful take off this performance.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
This research aimed at finding out the causes and proposing solution on the problem of motivation of teachers. The problem will investigate into the salary of teachers and how often their salaries are paid in companies with other workers in the public sectors whether there is adequate facilities, including laboratory equipment, textbooks, adequate finance and conducive environment for teacher to carry out their job. Whether the nature and structure of job can act as a motivating factor and also what are the attitudes of teachers as regard remaining in the profession.
PURPOSE OF STUDY
Having stated the problem to be investigated in the study, it becomes imperative to state the purpose of this study. The purpose of the study is as follows:
1. To find out the impact of the motivation on teachers performance
2. To find out whether the proper use of motivation techniques have a positive or negative effects on the performance of teachers.
3. To find out whether teachers in Edo State are presently satisfied with the condition of service.
4. To find out whether financial incentives improve workers performance more than non-financial incentives.
5. To find out the extent to which motivational determinants are in teaching profession whether the teacher in Edo State will quit teaching profession.
6. To make recommendations to the government and appropriate authority concerned based on the findings of the study.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research will enable those concerned know how to develop t4eaching profession in Nigeria and how to endure greater satisfaction in them.
It will provide for an opportunity for enhancing the performance by understanding motivation, as to improve performance.
i. It will provide for an opportunity for enhancing job performance by understanding motivation determinant and actions involved in them so as to improve performance.
ii. As useful lesson to all that extensive control is not the best of b=obtaining effects and cooperation at work.
iii. It will help to ascertain really motivate teachers apart from monetary rewards, such information will go a long way to suggest how best to improve the performance of productivity of teachers in Ovia South West Local Government Area of Edo State at large.
To give direction to the study the following research questions were formulated they are;
1. Are you satisfied with your present salary?
2. Does increase in salaries motivate you?
3. Is your salary the same with that of your counterpart in their profession?
4. Is your salary paid regularly?
5. Are you satisfied with the promotion of teachers in this local government?
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
These studies include teachers from (8) secondary schools and all these are mixed schools, because there is no any boys or girls school in this local government. The fact obtained will enable the researcher to see if some teachers are more motivated than others and the effect on the school concerned.
1. Ihogbe College
2. Akenzuwa II Secondary School
3. Emotan Secondary School
4. Ohis Group of School
5. Baptist High School
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Motivation: The process of including or causing someone to behave in the most desired way in the aid of certain incentives.
Performance: This is the way in which something react under certain condition of fulfils the purpose for which it was intended.
Remuneration: This is the monetary compensation an employee receives of work done, condition of service, this is both the monetary and non-monetary compensation given to an employee.
Satisfaction: This is a feeling of happiness or pleasure because you have achieved something or get what you want.
Productivity: Is the rate at which goods are produce and the amount produce compared with the work, time and money needed to produce them.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study investigates the effects of strike action on academic performance of students in some selected secondary schools in Ikpoba Okha Lo...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF JUVENILE DELINQUENCY ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL SOCIAL STUDIES EDUCATION STUDENTS IN KADUNA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study the issue of juvenile delinquency has become a great concern to Nigerian secondary schools, especiall...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria today, most children are from a family of lone parent; this might be as a result of untime...Continue Reading »
4. DIFFICULT TOPICS AS PERCEIVED BY TEACHERS AND STUDENTS IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL MATHEMATICS CURRICULUM (JSS II); IMPLICATIONS FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Contents vii List of Tables x List...Continue Reading »
5. EVALUATION OF TEACHING AND LEARNING OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION IN CROSS RIVER STATE» BSTRACT Therefore this study was designed to evaluate the teaching and learning of guidance and counseling in Colleges of Education. Four research que...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Nearly every society since the dawn of history has looked on youth crime as a serious problem and...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Entrepreneurship capacities are increasingly recognized as important drivers of economic growth, ...Continue Reading »
8. CAUSES AND IMPLICATION OF DRUG ABUSE AMONG YOUTHS IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA SATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction The main aim of selecting this topic’ causes and implication of drug abuse among the youths in Kaduna South Local G...Continue Reading »
9. TEACHERS AND STUDENTS PERCEPTIONS OF PROBLEMS OF EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF GEOGRAPHY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL, ENUGU EDUCATIONAL ZONE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Geography education was introduced in the Nigerian School Curriculum as part of the instrument fo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the causes and effects of indiscipline among secondary school students in Esa...Continue Reading »