The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
Get the complete project »
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Approval page iii
Table of contents vi
CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTION
Background of the study 1
Statement of problem 3
Purpose of the study 4
Research questions 5
Significance of the study 5
Delimitation of the study 6
CHAPTER II: REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
The concept of Technical Drawing 7
Students related factors affecting their performance in
Technical Drawing 9
Teacher related factors affecting students
performance in Technical Drawing. 11
Environmental factors affecting students
performance in Technical Drawing. 16
Strategies to be adopted for improving student's
performance in Technical Drawing 19
Summary of related literature review 21.
CHAPTER III: METHODOLOGY
Research Design 24
Area of the study 24
Population of the study 25
Sample and sampling techniques 25
Instrument for data collection 25
Validation of the instrument 26
Reliability of the instrument 26
Methods of data analysis 27
CHAPTER IV: PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS OF DATA
Finding of the study 33
Discussion of the findings 37
CHAPTER V: SUMMARY, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION
Restatement of the problem 44
Major findings of the study 45
Summary of procedure used 48
Limitations of the study 50
Suggestions for further study 51
The study is tilted Factors Affecting Students Performance in Technical Drawing in the Northwest Zone of Nigeria. Three research questions were design and used to guide this study. The population of the study is 360 of which 130 respondents were sampled. The study adopted descriptive survey research design and the Area of Study is Northwest Zone of Nigeria. Mean statistics was employed to analyse the data. The summary of the findings for this study revealed that students related factors affects their performance in Technical Drawing, teachers related factors affects students performance in Technical Drawing and environmental related factors affects students performance in Technical Drawing. Based on the findings, recommendations were made which include that qualified and experienced teachers should be employed, teachers should be encouraged to visit industries to interact with design engineers and practicing architects to refresh and broaden their scope of thinking on some complicated designs among others.
Background of the Study
There is an increasing concern towards the academic performance of students in recent years. One reason for this has been the general cry-out about the fallen standard of education in Nigeria. Sanusi (1993) identified that, inadequate equipment and tools supplied by the Federal Government are part of the problems responsible for students’ poor performance. He further posits that poor installation and obsolete equipment could also affect performance in exams. Fagbemi (1999) attributed this phenomenon to many reasons among which could be poor policies formulated by the government, teachers inadequacies, and ineffectiveness, unwillingness of the student to linear and poor funding.
Technical Drawing is a subject offered in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination as contained in the National Policy on Education (2004).
Technical Drawing has been defined by many authors based on some key concepts. Awojobi (1976), defines Technical Drawing as a shorthand language which describes by means of drawing and as
precisely as possible, whatever has been manufactured or is intended for manufacture". Parkinson (1978) defined Technical Drawing as a graphic language. It is the means of communication used by draughtsmen, designers, engineers, e.t.c. to convey their ideas to the production personnel.
Tafida (1997) posits that Technical Drawing is the backbone of engineering courses. However from the above definitions, it is clear that the importance of Technical Drawing in engineering and technology cannot be over emphasized. This therefore advocates for an improved performance in Technical Drawing. Olaitan (1999), defined the term performance as an indication of the impact of group activities done on the achievement of intended learning outcome. The oxford advanced learners dictionary (2002), defines performance as "how well or badly for do something". However, in relation to the programme or curriculum, it is the observed impact of the programme on achieving its set objectives and goals.
Okereke (1999) posit that, the quality of an education is properly defined by the Performance of its students and graduates. This in practice is measured by input and output. Therefore, achieving intended learning outcomes can some times be blamed on both teachers and students; this can be substantiated by Tafida (1997), who opined that effective teaching and learning of Technical Drawing generally depends on the attitude exhibited by both teachers and the students taught.
Mean while, records available indicates student's poor performance on Technical Drawing as approved in Academic Board Meetings of Federal Colleges of Education (Technical) Bichi and Gusati In Federal Follege of Education (Technical) Bichi, records showed that there is 62.50% of poor performance in Technical Drawing and 37.50% of good performance rate on 2004/2005 academic session. In 2005/06 academic session, there is 60.75% of poor performance on Technical/Engineering Drawing and 39.25% of quality performance rate. Moreover, there is higher rate of poor performance in Technical Drawing in 2006/2007 academic session in Federal Follege of Education (Technical) Bichi where there is about 60 o of poor performance and 40% of good performance rate. In the same vein, records available in Federal Follege of Education (Technical) Gusau indicates poor performance on Technical Drawing, where it shows that there is 83.43% of poor performance rate and 16.67% of quality performance rate in 2005/2006 academic session, and 72% of poor performance rate and 28% of good performance rate in 2006/2007 academic session.
Statement of Problem
Students’ performance in Technical Drawing is poor, Njeribiako (1981), blamed it on ineffectiveness of the teacher, inadequate drawing equipment and facilities as the major factors affecting students performance in the subject. Fagbemi (1999) blamed poor performance on poor funding and lack of students interest. However, information has not been elicited on environmental factor on students performance and strategies to be adopted to improve students performance in Technical Drawing. These factors if left untouched will remain a problem in achieving quality performance in Technical Drawing. Therefore, the issue which arises for this study is "what are the factors affecting students performance in Technical Drawing in Federal Colleges of Education (Technical) in North-Western states of Nigeria?
Purpose of the Study
The purpose of the study was to ascertain factors affecting students' performance in Technical Drawing, specifically the study seeks to:-
1. Identify the students related factors that affects their performance the Technical Drawing.
2. Find out teacher related factors affecting students performance in Technical Drawing.
3. Identify the environmental related factors affecting students performance in Technical Drawing.
This study was guided by the following research questions based on the problems and purpose of the study.
1. What are the students related factors affecting their performance in Technical Drawing?
2. What are the teacher related factors affecting students performance in Technical Drawing?
3. What are the environmental related factors affecting students performance in Technical Drawing?
Significance of the Study
The findings of this study will benefit the society as it exposes those -factors affecting students’ performance in Technical Drawing. These factors are students, teachers, environmental and infrastructure related factors affecting students’ performance.
The school will also benefit from the findings of this study as it reveals areas of strength and weaknesses as related to teachers, students and infrastructure, and the need to address those factors. Factors such as infrastructural and teacher related factors and need to address the problems positively.
The teachers of Technical Drawing will find the results of this study useful as it reveals their strength and weakness in the teaching learning situation which may help them to improve the teaching method.
The students of Technical Education will also benefit from the findings of this study, as it reveals their areas of weakness in learning Technical Drawing.
Delimitation of the Study
This research was aimed at pointing out the main factors affecting the performance of students in Technical Drawing in Federal Colleges of Education (Technical) located in the North-western Nigeria, that is Federal Follege of Education (Technical), Bichi, of Kano State and Federal Follege of Education (Technical), Gusau of Zamfara State.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ABORTION AS A CAUSATIVE FACTORS TO THE INCREASE IN MOTALITY RATE AMONG ADOLESCENT (AGES 13 â€“ 20) IN OVIA SOUTH WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ED...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Abortion is a relatively used term. It is the word used to describe the act of termination or destruction...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 145 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. THE EFFECTS OF TEACHING METHODS ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SOCIAL STUDIES IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UYO METROPOLIS, AKWA IBOM STA...» ABSTRACT The study sought to investigate the effects of teaching methods of students’ academic performance in social studies in Uyo metropolis. ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 43 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. THE EFFECT OF CULTISM ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF THE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION EKIADOLOR, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE» ABSTRACT The research work focused on the effects of cultism on students’ academic performance a case study of college of education, Ekiadolor B...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 183 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. THE INFLUENCE OF DRUG ABUSE ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, KADUNA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Most of the unpleasant youths activities, which surfaces all countries in the world, are precipit...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 39 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Teachers’ role in any educational system cannot be over emphasized. Teachers are the executors ...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 194 hits | Source: EDUCATION
6. AN ASSESSMENT OF TEACHERS MOTIVATION AND ATTITUDE TO WORK AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN YOBE STATE: A CASE STUDY OF PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS, YOB...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Teachers are very important in the developing the future of student and the academic sector in Ni...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 54 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHJOOL STUDENTS IN WASSCE AND NECO EXAMINATIONS IN IMO STATE (2005-2015)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Education is simply defined as the total process of human learning by which knowledge is acquire...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 52 hits | Source: EDUCATION
8. POSSIBILITIES OF DEVELOPING THE POTENTIAL GIFTED AND TALENTED CHILD IN NIGERIA AND THE WAY FORWARD IN SOME SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA SOUTH LO...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Gifted and talented children are the hinges and future hopes of any human society. They are like ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 38 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. THE EFFECT OF BIOLOGY PRACTICAL ACTIVITIES ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY INTRODUCTIION The words “science” is often misconstrued by many people. While some view it as a white ...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 224 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. THE EFFECT OF POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE ON EDUCATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF A CHILD (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to attempt to find the role Polygamous play in the performance of a child. This question has raised other questi...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 122 hits | Source: EDUCATION