Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 56 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
In Nigeria today the level of growth of information and communication technology has being on a steady increase as the world of technology continued to evolve.
The educational sector of Nigeria has suffered so many setbacks in the past but the introductive of advanced information and communication technology in educational system of Nigeria, the academic achievement of students continue to increase at the end of every section. This effect is very obvious in the junior category; the study of subjects like integrated science requires a lot of advanced level of technology in most of the secondary schools of Nigeria.
The study of integrated science in junior secondary is of great importance as it is the prerequisite for becoming a science student. Students enjoy attending the integrated science class because it is full of practical. Over the years there have been fast increments in the area of information and communication technology (ICT) in Nigeria. According the Rosen and Michelle cited in Aduwa-ogiegbaen (2005) in their work stated the role of technology in teching and learning become of great importance and becoming more of the major topic of discussion in Nigeria.
According to (Rodriguez and wilson, 2000); they stated that information and communication technology (ICT) is a complete set of activities which is outwardly facilitates by the means of the use of electronic such as processing, the rate of transmittion and display of information.
Ozoji in Jimoh (2007) refers to ICT as the handling and processing of information (text, images, graphics, instructions, etc) for use, by means of electronic and communication devices such as computers, cameras, and telephone. When ICT combines with internet, it creates a channel for students to obtain a huge amount of human experience and guide students to enter the global community. In this way the students not only can extend their personal view, thought, and experience, but also can learn to live in the real world. The use of ICT in teaching and learning is a relevant and functional way of providing education to learners in order to assist them in imbibing the required capacity for the world of work (Kosoko-Oyedeko and Tella, 2010). Ajayi (2008) posited that with the aid of ICT, teachers can take students beyond traditional limits, ensure their adequate participation in teaching and learning process and create vital environments to experiment and explore. However, the application of ICT needs expensive hardware and software which becomes the big obligations for schools and parents. It is also necessary that both teachers and learners should have basic technology knowledge before they apply ICT. It is to this regard that the study wishes to study the impact of information and communication technology (ICT) in teaching and learning integrated science using Makurdi as a case study.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Information and communication technology (ICT) has really impacted in the life of people of Makurdi local government area of Benue state; although there still some negative factor affecting the effective implementation of the use of information and communication technology in teaching and learning integrated science; Makurdi local government area of benue state is still a coming up area; most people in this area are mostly farmers, petty business men and their secondary schools are not of good standard because of poor infrastructure, unavailability of network, bad roads and the high rate of illiteracy are really affecting the effectiveness of teaching and learning integrated science in junior secondary schools.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The study aimed to examine the relationship between information and communication technology and their impact on the teaching and learning of integrated science in junior secondary schools. The specific objectives of the study are:
1. To examine the effect of ICT on the academic achievement of junior secondary school in integrated science.
2. To examine the roles of information and communication technology in child choice of integrated science
3. To examine the effect of poor infrastructural facilities on the level of information and communication technology
4. To examine the factors affecting the growth of ICT in Makurdi local government of area of Benue state
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
In order to achieve aims above the study came up with the following research question; some of the questions are:
1. What is the effect of ICT on the academic achievement of junior secondary school in integrated science?
2. What are the roles of information and communication technology in child choice of integrated science?
3. What is the effect of poor infrastructural facilities on the level of information and communication technology?
4. What are the factors affecting the growth of ICT in Makurdi local government of area of Benue state?
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: ICT does not have any impact on teaching and learning of integrated science
H1: ICT has impact on teaching and learning of integrated science
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study will be of immense benefit to the local government, the state government, the teachers, the parents, the students and other researchers that wishes to carry out a further research on the topic above.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study impact of information and communication technology (ICT) will cover the whole of Makurdi local government of Benue state.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS: financial constraints tends to impede the speed of the research student to buy materials and visit other areas of the most educational sector to get information and other materials concerning the research topic but the researcher was able to get meaningful information concerning the research topic.
TIME CONSTRAINTS: this researcher still being a student must be involved in one or two departmental activities like seminar presentation, submission of assignment, attendance to lectures etc but the researcher was able to meet up with the time allocated for the completion of the research work.
1.9 DFEFINITION OF TERMS
ICT: is an umbrella term that includes any communication device or application, encompassing: radio, television, cellular phones, computer and network hardware and software, satellite systems and so on, as well as the various services and applications .
Adenuga, R.A., Owoyele, J.W., & Adenuga, F.T. (2011). Gender and socio-economic differentials in students’ attitudes to information and communication technology education in Nigerian: Implications for policy, ICT education and counselling. International Journal of Psychology and Counselling, 3(9), 162-166. Aduwa-Ogiegbaen, S.E., &Iyamu, E.O.S. (2005).Using information and communication technology in in Nigeria: Problems and prospects.Educational Technology & Society, 8(1), 104-112 Ajayi IA (2008). Towards effective use of information and communication technology for teaching in Nigerian colleges of education. Asian Journal of Information Technology 7(5): 210-214.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» The study sought to ascertain the relationship between the performance of students in English language and Social Studies. This was with a view of ens...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is set to deal with the marked rise in the rate of divorces involving children education. It is contended that much of confusion...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTS OF THE USE OF AUDIO-VISUAL MATERIALS IN THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF COMPUTER IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study evaluated the effects of the use of audio visual materials (AVM) in the teaching and learning of computer in the junior secondary ...Continue Reading »
4. MOTIVATIONAL STRATEGIES FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING IN SECONDARY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF ONITSHA SOUTH SECONDARY SCHOOL)» ABSTRACT The study is an investigation into the motivational strategies for effective teaching and learning in secondary school. It provides a concept...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF MOTIVATION ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN ISU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to find out the impact of motivation on the performance of secondary schools teachers. It also investigated the diff...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Basic science and technology as fulcrum for sustainable national development can simply be seen as the be...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF TEACHERS VARIABLES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY STUDENTS IN HOLY CHILD SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Nigeria has been grappling with poor performance of students in secondary school final examinatio...Continue Reading »
8. THE INFLUENCE OF LATENESS AMONG TEACHERS AND THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS’ IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SENIOR SEC...» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to find out the causes and influence of lateness among teachers and the academic performance of student in seni...Continue Reading »
9. FACTORS AFFECTING THE CHOICE OF CAREER AMONGST VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION STUDENTS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This project work is designed to find out the factors that are affecting choice of career amongst vocational and technical school students in...Continue Reading »
10. A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF CAUSES AND EFFECT OF MASS FAILURE OF MATHEMATICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION» ABSTRACT There has been a problem for some years now, student’s poor academic performance in Senior secondary School certificate examination. It...Continue Reading »