Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 54 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work has been designed to investigate the problems affecting classroom management and control and identify the solution facing the problem. This is to enable the researcher suggest measure that would solve the problem affecting classroom management and control. Chapter one, deals with the background purpose and significance of the study, in chapter two, the researcher carries out the literature review by reading book and browsing work relating to the problem of various writers and researcher and their opinion appears to level support to my findings, chapter three deals with the various techniques adopting in getting fact of the study. The use of questionnaire and interviewing methods were adopted to get the information required. The population of the study is made up of one hundred and twenty students and twenty teachers. Data collected from questionnaire were converted into figures and percentages which were arranged in tabular form. These were then discussed in chapter four and some recommendations were made by the researcher.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Statement of problems
1.3 Purpose of study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research Question
1.6 Scope of the study
1.7 Definition of terms
3.1 Research Methodology
3.2 Sample Study
3.3 Sample and Sampling
3.4 Sample Techniques
3.5 Research Instrument
3.7 Administration of instrument
3.8 Method of analysis
Data Presentation and Analysis
BACKGROUND OF STUDY
This classroom management and control deals with how things are done. Its structure, procedure and routines to the point of becoming rituals
When procedure are explained to and practiced by students it is periodically reinforced by practicing, classroom management and control.
When procedures are learned, practiced and reinforced, instructions becomes efficient.
This is the foundation of any classroom management and is a prime responsibility of the teacher.
Classroom management discipline is the responsibility of the student discipline has to do with appropriate behavior.
To make classroom conducive for learning, the school is not to be focused on a view but rather being together contrasting opinion and attitudes so that the teacher can be given the way oe which it is to be based on his conclusion.
When teacher takes up the role of discipline students, they deprive young people of the opportunity of becoming more responsible. A far more responsible. A far more effective approach is for students to develop procedures to help redirect irresponsible impulse. In addition, the usual approach is for adult to impose some of the punishment when this occurs, students have no ownership in the decision to a victim hood mentality and have negative feeling towards the imposers.
There are some pointed out four rules of classroom management and these for rules can be applied in the classroom for effective teaching and learning they are:
RULE ONE: Get them In: - the process of getting them can be seen to involve the phrases of the very beginning of the classroom situation.
RULE TWO: Get on with it: this refers to the main part of the lesson, the nature of content and the manner of its presentation
RULE THREE: Get on with them: here the teacher develops good relationship with their pupils, by fostering mutual and trust and respects. To do this sensitively, the mood of the class as whole.
This obviously means knowing track of what is who/ whom on.
RULE FOUR: Get them out: optimistically, the teacher here consider two phrases of concluding a lesson and dismissing the class.
Also this study will be of great help and immense benefit to the government and to the ministry of education whose primary objectives is to see students as the future teachers and leaders of tomorrow. It would also be a great significance to the ministry of education and teachers as well as their school authorities who deals directly with students on how to prevent classroom management problems among students in secondary school. On the other hand since continuous research is this field is not rules out, the findings of the study would like to use it as a base for future investigation.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Classroom and control and management contributes to the building of discipline in a school and a pupil are students who lack control allowed to misbehaves is there any significant different between students who come late to school and those who come to school early. Are there any significant differences between the controls of groups that work cooperatively.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
This objective of this study is to provide solution to the problem affecting the classroom in secondary school.
The aim of this study helps to educate teachers on how the classroom needs to be conducive for students in order for teaching to be effective.
This obviously states that the classroom management cannot be over looked in teaching and learning situation.
The research questions that will guide this study are as follows
i. What are the problem of classroom management and control?
ii. Does lack of proper classroom management and control effect the students academic performance?
iii. What are the causes of these problems have on the students?
iv. How can the problem of classroom management and control can be eliminated in some selected schools in Oredo local government area?
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The study of the effect of classroom management in the academic performance of secondary school students in the academic performance of secondary school students, a case study of selected secondary school in Ovia north east local government area is aimed at achieving discipline among student in that locality
In line with this, the purpose of this research is to carryout a survey of management problems among secondary school s in ova north east local government area of Edo state.
This study will also seek possible way of preventing these management problems among student in secondary by exposing them to simple classroom management control and rules
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is hoped that the study will help to enrich the teaching of classroom management and control in schools.
The researcher is interested in the study of classroom management and control because whatever happens the classrooms have a direct behaving to the performance of the students.
There should be discipline among the students to ensure executive teaching and learning. Discipline is important, it involves all the students in the school time table and also includes the teacher’s education officer’s i.e. teacher’s education officer’s i.e. teachers, parents, communities, policy makers in one way or the other, and for example the following generalization can be made about the students attending school they are well glad, happy and well nourished.
Finally, findings from the study will aid teachers in the management and control of their classroom.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
DISCIPLINE: this refers to the bad conduct or behavior of students who does who does not obey the rules and regulation of a school.
TRAINED TEACHERS; this is refers to graduated teachers in education NCE holder and holders of educational diplomas.
UNTRAINED TEACHERS: these consist of unqualified teachers appointed to teach in primary and secondary or tertiary (as the case may be) probably without formal teacher’s education.
RESPONDENTS: a person who answers question during an interview or who fills the questionnaire for his or her researcher work.
STUDENTS: a person undergoing a course of study and instruction at secondary school or in any tertiary institution.
PARENTS TEACHERS ASSOCIATION: this refers to an organization where the parents of the students and teachers in that particular school discuss matters affecting and concerning the school and as well as the students.
BROKEN HOMES: this happens when the parents of the students are separated or divorced, so that the children now lack proper care and security.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF USING TEACHING AIDS IN THE TEACHING OF CHEMISTRY IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EDO STATE: A CASE STUDY OF OREDO...» ABSTRACT This study was to examine the problems and prospects of using teaching aids, which is reduced among students and people of Oredo Local Govern...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was carried out in Ekpoma, Edo State, on the effect of child hawking on educational development. Structured questionnaires were use...Continue Reading »
3. ASSESSMENT OF AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN WAMAKKO LOCAL GOVERNMENT PRIMARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to examine the availability and utilization of instructional materials in primary schools in Wamakko Local Governmen...Continue Reading »
4. CAUSES AND EFFECT OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY AMONG TEENAGE GIRLS KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The main concern of this study was to the final out of the teenage pregnancy and how it affects the educational development of our teenagers ...Continue Reading »
5. STUDENTS UNION GOVERNNMENT A SA CATALYST FOR POLITICAL PARTICIPATION IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO» ABSTRACT This study deals with identifying those avenues in which stage play production can be managed with limited resources, and the student’s...Continue Reading »
6. IMPACT OF STUDENTS’ INTEREST ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF STUDENTS IN MATHEMATICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IPAJA L.C.D.A» Abstract The impact of student interest on the achievement of secondary school students in mathematics in ayobo ipaja L.C.D.A is very pertinent as som...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study T One of the most paramount function of Nollywood movies in the society is to entertain as well a...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF TEACHING PRACTICE EXPERIENCES OF ECONOMICS EDUCATION STUDENTS PERCEPTION OF THE TEACHING PROFESSION IN UNIVERSITY OF JOS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study Education is yet the greatest power man has developed either for his continued progress or eventual d...Continue Reading »
9. SCHOOL FACTORS AND STUDENTS’ ATTITUDE TOWARDS MUSIC EDUCATION IN OBIO-AKPOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF RIVERS STATE» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to examine School Factors and Students Attitude towards Music Education in Obio Akpor Local Government Area of ...Continue Reading »
10. FACTORS INFLUENCING THE CHOICE OF TEACHING AS A CAREER AMONG MALE STUDENTS OF THE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION EKIADOLOR» ABSTRACT the purpose of this research was to examine and investigate some of the factors influencing the choice of teaching as a career among male stu...Continue Reading »