Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 54 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The teacher of Biology has been facing a lot of problems especially in secondary school in Logo Local Government Area of Benue State. The problems at this level had resulted into many other problems confronting the students of higher institutions of learning, with what has been experienced in the past and present about the side of seriousness of the students to Biology motivated me to focus attention on the problems encountered by the students and teachers alike as regards Biology.
Also, this will involve the enumeration and analysis of the problems facing the teaching of the subject, suggested solution will also be given. Many students count Biology as a difficult subject in secondary schools nowadays due to their negative attitude to it. Also, many students find it difficult to read Biology textbooks because they have no time to read. Many students have this to say about Biology, ‘I have interest in other subjects but not Biology’. The reason for this could be traced back to students’ poor foundation in the study of Biology. Therefore, if students in higher institutions of learning can go on complaining that Biology is difficult to comprehend, what then will be the fate of secondary school students who depend so much on the students in the higher institutions.
In fact, many students fail their final year examinations both at junior and senior secondary schools in Biology due to one reason or the other such as parental responsibilities, students’ factor, schools’ factor, government factor, lack of motivation, lack of relevant materials as well as inadequate curriculum. This has therefore motivated me to investigate the problem encountered by Biology teachers in Logo Local Government Area of Benue State. The negligence of Biology has driven many students in the past to mass failure in the final examination. Many people read Biology for examination purposes only.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
A lot of problems have contributed to students’ mass failure in Biology in Logo Local Government Area of Benue State. Many parents blame the teachers’ negative attitude to work while many pupils’ negligence of their class work contributes to failure as well. This research work purposely assesses the causes of the problems confronting students in Logo Local Government Area. So many scholars have written a lot about the problem of Biology in our secondary schools but work is very scanty on that of Logo Local Government Area. So it gives me a great concern to look at these problems and suggest possible solution to them.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
Many scholars have written on Biology and its importance in the school curriculum. This project is an additional effort in this direction. It will go a long way to assist the teaching of Biology in Logo Local Government.
1.4SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The Local Government headquarter is at Ibona where the secretariat is situated. Secondary schools were from different areas of the Local Government. The names of the schools chosen are:
St. James Grammar Schools, LogoØ
A.D.S Grammar School LogoØ
Anglican Grammar School, LogoØ
Islaudeen Inter. school, LogoØ
Logo Community High School, IbongoØ
The reason for selecting only these five secondary schools for this project work was due to some problems encountered during the research period. The problems included inadequate finance, transportation problem, and inadequate supply of information from the school principals
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
For the course of this study the research formed some basic question that will help the researcher obtain a result to this research work, questions which will be administered to the respondents and they are.
1.What made you fail biology as a subject in the school and pass others well?
2.Apart from the fact that you fail biology, is biology one of your favorite subject?
3.If yes, what is the reason behind it and if no what made you not to like it at the first place
4.Are they qualified teachers in you schools who teach this subject?
5.How many times do you have a class for biology study within a week as compared to other subjects?
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
1.Ho:Biology is not an interesting subject to the students
Ha:Biology is an interesting subject to the student
2.Ho:Lack of qualified teachers can not cause failure in Biology
Ha:Lack of qualified teachers can cause failure in Biology
3. Ho:Inadequate teaching materials can not cause failure in Biology
Ha:Inadequate teaching materials can cause failure in Biology
4.Ho:Bad reading culture can not cause failure in Biology
Ha:Bad reading culture can cause failure in Biology
5.Ho:Parents’ illiteracy can not cause failure in Biology
Ha:Parents’ illiteracy can cause failure in Biology
6.Ho:Environmental conditions can not cause failure in Biology
Ha:Environmental conditions can cause failure in Biology
1.7 RESEARCH LIMITATION
The fact that, Logo local government area of Benue state is a big local government area as far as Secondary schools are concerned, it is impossible for the researcher to research in all the Secondary schools within the local government area due to financial, economic and other constraints, the research or study therefore covers only five selected Secondary schools within the local government area
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF POOR READING HABIT AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to find out the causes and effect of poor reading habit among secondary school students in some selected second...Continue Reading »
2. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING STUDENT PERFORMANCE IN DOMESTIC AND INDUSTRIAL INSTALLATIONS IN NATIONAL TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATIONS IN TECHNICAL COLL...» Table of Contents Title Page i Approval Page ii Dedication iii Acknowledgment iv Table of Contents v Abstract vi CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTION Background of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In Nigeria today, Education is the key and easiest way to freedom, a better life and poverty redu...Continue Reading »
4. AN INVESTIGATIVE STUDY ON THE AVAILABILITY AND USE OF TEACHING AIDS IN TEACHING MATHEMATICS IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is widely believed that mathematics is very important to the economic, scientific and politica...Continue Reading »
5. PREVAILING PRACTICES OF WOMEN PRIMARY COOPERATIVE AND THEIR EFFECTS ON WOMEN SOCIO-ECONOMIC STABILITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Cooperative has been the bedrock of promoting women through its numerous income yielding ventures...Continue Reading »
6. IDENTIFICATION OF DIFFICULTIES IN TEACHING AND LEARNING TOPICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF CHEMISTRY STUDENTS IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Chemistry as defined by Okeke and Ezekamgha(2000) as a branch of science that deals with composition and ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Nigeria business climate has been adjustment by expect as one of the hostile, turbulent and volatile and vet challenging. It stands to re...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF CHRISTAIN RELIGIOUS STUDIES ON THE MORALS OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UYO AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT This research discusses the impact of Christian religious studies on the morals of secondary school students in Uyo metropolis. It discussed ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Social networking is built on the idea of how people should know and interact with each other thr...Continue Reading »
10. LEADERSHIP STYLE AS AN INSTRUMENT OF ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE IN THE AGENCY FOR MASS EDUCATION» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Abstract vii Table of Contents viii CHAPTER ONE: Introd...Continue Reading »