The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
This research undertakes afive-year period study of the activities of Education Trust Fund (ETF) upon Nigerian tertiary institutions with the target of revealing how Education Trust Fund has helped in enhancing the educational development of Nigerian Tertiary Institutions under accounting section. Various analytical tools were employed in appraising data generated from the publications of the operations department of the Education Trust Fund and some other Federal Government publications. The research found out that ETF has made significant positive impact towards improving the educational sector in Nigeria by construction of various intervention projects and improving the teaching and learning conditions of both students and lecturers., and that each tertiary institution has its own criteria (subject to TETfund directives) for determining which lecturer becomes a beneficiary. However, the principal officers such as vice chancellors, rectors, provosts and their deputies, the directors of works, librarians etc are not to be included as beneficiaries. The research also revealed that ETF distribution formula nationwide for tertiary institutions were 25%, 12.5% and 12.5% for Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education, respectively while the remaining 50% was distributed to Secondary and Primary Schools. Conclusively, the researcher is of the opinion that the ETF has the potential of alleviating the chronic under-funding of the educational sector and that in future, if properly utilized the fund will continue in no small measure towards revitalizing the educational system in Nigeria.
Generally, Tax is a compulsory levy imposed upon taxable persons by the government of any nation. It is one of the major sources of government revenue used in executing the socio-economic activities of the country. There are various forms of taxes collected from individuals and companies by Nigerian government. These tax forms are as established by the notable tax legislations in Nigeria today. These taxes are administered by the authorities of the three tiers of Nigerian government namely: The Federal, State and Local Governments. These various authorities are the Federal Board of Inland Revenue (FBIR), the State Board of Internal Revenue and the Local Government Tax Authority for the Federal, State and Local Government respectively.
Education Tax Fund (ETF) however, was established by Education Tax Act No. 7 of 1993 and amended by Act No. 40 of (22nd Dec.) 1998. The Act imposes tax at the rate of 2% on the assessable profits of all incorporated bodies. The tax applies to all companies registered in Nigeria. These assessable profits of a company shall be ascertained in the manner specified in the companies Income Tax Act or the Petroleum Profits Tax Act as the case may be.
What necessitated the promulgation of this Education Tax Act was the widely recognized decline in Educational standards and the deep rot in infrastructure and other facilities at all levels of the Nigerian educational system.
From the primary to secondary and tertiary levels, it was obvious that there was urgent need for emergency funding to improve educational facilities and infrastructure, restore high morale of teachers, attract and retain qualitative entrants into the profession, encourage professionalism in teaching and improve teacher education curriculum. There was also the need to create an enabling environment for conducive teaching and learning and thus ensure the creation of a disciplined, committed, highly motivated, respected and professional teacher.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF SELF-EFFICACY, EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AND GENDER ON TEST ANXIETY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background To The Study Anxiety generally is a physiological and psychological state characterized by cognitive somatic, emot...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 66 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. THE EFFECTS OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EKET LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine the effects of rewards and punishment on students academic performance in secondary schools in Eket Lo...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 98 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. THE IMPACT OF UNIVERSAL BASIC EDUCATION PROGRAMME (UBE) ON THE NIGERIAN CHILD: A CASE STUDY OF NEW ERA JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN UPPER MISSION AREA, ...» ABSTRACT This project work is aimed at critically examining the impact of universal basic education (UBE) programme on the Nigerian child using New Er...Continue Reading »
46 pages | 186 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN MOCK AND WASSCE EXAMINATIONS IN AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SEC...» ABSTRACT This research work compared student’s performance in MOCK and WAEC examination in Agricultural science. This study was prompted and mot...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 210 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» Abstract The study examined television as an instrument of Educational Advancement in Kogi State using Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja as a case study....Continue Reading »
50 pages | 164 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACTThe study focuses on the methods of teaching computer courses to computer science major in selected Nigeria polytechnics.It examines the backg...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 250 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. THE EFFECT OF EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE ON STUDENTS ATTITUDE TO LEARN: A CASE STUDY OF COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, EKIADOLOR-BENIN» ABSTRACT The educational system has for long had serious hit from examination malpractice and this has brought into focus the need to tackle this issu...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 229 hits | Source: EDUCATION
8. THE CHALLENGES OF TEACHING HOME ECONOMICS IN NIGERIA SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES (A STUDY OF OWERRI NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The study of home economics has increased overtime in Nigeria; home economics as a subject play a significant role in the life...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 64 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING THE ENROLMENT OF GIRLS INTO SCIENCE SUBJECT (A CASE STUDY OF GOVERNMENT GIRLS SECONDARY SCHOOL, DOKA SENIOR, KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Education is the process of providing information to an inexperience person to help him/her develop p...Continue Reading »
36 pages | 59 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. THE EFFECT OF CONTRACEPTIVE PATRONAGE AND RISK INVOLVEMENT AMONG FEMALE SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ (A CASE STUDY AKOKO AREA OF ONDO STATE)» ABSTRACT The study investigated the effect contraceptives patronage and risk involvement among female students in selected secondary schools in Akoko ...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 0 hits | Source: EDUCATION