Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research undertakes afive-year period study of the activities of Education Trust Fund (ETF) upon Nigerian tertiary institutions with the target of revealing how Education Trust Fund has helped in enhancing the educational development of Nigerian Tertiary Institutions under accounting section. Various analytical tools were employed in appraising data generated from the publications of the operations department of the Education Trust Fund and some other Federal Government publications. The research found out that ETF has made significant positive impact towards improving the educational sector in Nigeria by construction of various intervention projects and improving the teaching and learning conditions of both students and lecturers., and that each tertiary institution has its own criteria (subject to TETfund directives) for determining which lecturer becomes a beneficiary. However, the principal officers such as vice chancellors, rectors, provosts and their deputies, the directors of works, librarians etc are not to be included as beneficiaries. The research also revealed that ETF distribution formula nationwide for tertiary institutions were 25%, 12.5% and 12.5% for Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education, respectively while the remaining 50% was distributed to Secondary and Primary Schools. Conclusively, the researcher is of the opinion that the ETF has the potential of alleviating the chronic under-funding of the educational sector and that in future, if properly utilized the fund will continue in no small measure towards revitalizing the educational system in Nigeria.
Generally, Tax is a compulsory levy imposed upon taxable persons by the government of any nation. It is one of the major sources of government revenue used in executing the socio-economic activities of the country. There are various forms of taxes collected from individuals and companies by Nigerian government. These tax forms are as established by the notable tax legislations in Nigeria today. These taxes are administered by the authorities of the three tiers of Nigerian government namely: The Federal, State and Local Governments. These various authorities are the Federal Board of Inland Revenue (FBIR), the State Board of Internal Revenue and the Local Government Tax Authority for the Federal, State and Local Government respectively.
Education Tax Fund (ETF) however, was established by Education Tax Act No. 7 of 1993 and amended by Act No. 40 of (22nd Dec.) 1998. The Act imposes tax at the rate of 2% on the assessable profits of all incorporated bodies. The tax applies to all companies registered in Nigeria. These assessable profits of a company shall be ascertained in the manner specified in the companies Income Tax Act or the Petroleum Profits Tax Act as the case may be.
What necessitated the promulgation of this Education Tax Act was the widely recognized decline in Educational standards and the deep rot in infrastructure and other facilities at all levels of the Nigerian educational system.
From the primary to secondary and tertiary levels, it was obvious that there was urgent need for emergency funding to improve educational facilities and infrastructure, restore high morale of teachers, attract and retain qualitative entrants into the profession, encourage professionalism in teaching and improve teacher education curriculum. There was also the need to create an enabling environment for conducive teaching and learning and thus ensure the creation of a disciplined, committed, highly motivated, respected and professional teacher.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF INTERNET ON STUDENT FINAL YEAR RESEARCH (A CASE STUDY OF UNDERGRADUATES IN UNIVERSITY OF UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The Internet is a global network of computers linked together over large distances (Daramola, 200...Continue Reading »
2. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN MOCK AND WASSCE EXAMINATIONS IN AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SEC...» ABSTRACT This research work compared student’s performance in MOCK and WAEC examination in Agricultural science. This study was prompted and mot...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The increase of street trading and rape over the years in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo Stat...Continue Reading »
4. IMPACT OF PRINT MEDIA AS AN INDICES FOR SPORTS DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (Sun Newspaper as a Case Study)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The most important change that has taken place in the sport industry is the significant role the ...Continue Reading »
5. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST THE EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BIOLOGY IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN EBONYI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE...» Abstract This research work is a detailed on and delves into the strategies for effective teaching of biology in secondary schools in Ebonyi Local Gov...Continue Reading »
6. PERCEPTION OF STUDENTS WHO UNDERTAKE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AS A PROGRAMME OF STUDY AND THE INFLUENCE OF THEIR PERCEPTION ON THEIR CHOICE OF THE PROGRAMM...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Generally, factors that influence one’s career choice are either intrinsic or extrinsic and...Continue Reading »
7. THE USE OF INTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BUSINESS EDUCATION IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OYIGBO RIVER STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The educational sector in Nigeria is in continuous change with the advancement in the level of te...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study focused on the comparative analysis of the academic performance of the well behaved and delinquent students, in Esan West Local Gov...Continue Reading »
9. SCHOOL DISCIPLINE AND ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT This study determined the influence of discipline on academic achievement of students in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. The va...Continue Reading »
10. FACTORS AFFECTING STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN BASIC ELECTRONICS IN NATIONAL TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN KATSINA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The colonial education which was inherited by Nigeria was criticised for being too theoretical to...Continue Reading »