Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research undertakes afive-year period study of the activities of Education Trust Fund (ETF) upon Nigerian tertiary institutions with the target of revealing how Education Trust Fund has helped in enhancing the educational development of Nigerian Tertiary Institutions under accounting section. Various analytical tools were employed in appraising data generated from the publications of the operations department of the Education Trust Fund and some other Federal Government publications. The research found out that ETF has made significant positive impact towards improving the educational sector in Nigeria by construction of various intervention projects and improving the teaching and learning conditions of both students and lecturers., and that each tertiary institution has its own criteria (subject to TETfund directives) for determining which lecturer becomes a beneficiary. However, the principal officers such as vice chancellors, rectors, provosts and their deputies, the directors of works, librarians etc are not to be included as beneficiaries. The research also revealed that ETF distribution formula nationwide for tertiary institutions were 25%, 12.5% and 12.5% for Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education, respectively while the remaining 50% was distributed to Secondary and Primary Schools. Conclusively, the researcher is of the opinion that the ETF has the potential of alleviating the chronic under-funding of the educational sector and that in future, if properly utilized the fund will continue in no small measure towards revitalizing the educational system in Nigeria.
Generally, Tax is a compulsory levy imposed upon taxable persons by the government of any nation. It is one of the major sources of government revenue used in executing the socio-economic activities of the country. There are various forms of taxes collected from individuals and companies by Nigerian government. These tax forms are as established by the notable tax legislations in Nigeria today. These taxes are administered by the authorities of the three tiers of Nigerian government namely: The Federal, State and Local Governments. These various authorities are the Federal Board of Inland Revenue (FBIR), the State Board of Internal Revenue and the Local Government Tax Authority for the Federal, State and Local Government respectively.
Education Tax Fund (ETF) however, was established by Education Tax Act No. 7 of 1993 and amended by Act No. 40 of (22nd Dec.) 1998. The Act imposes tax at the rate of 2% on the assessable profits of all incorporated bodies. The tax applies to all companies registered in Nigeria. These assessable profits of a company shall be ascertained in the manner specified in the companies Income Tax Act or the Petroleum Profits Tax Act as the case may be.
What necessitated the promulgation of this Education Tax Act was the widely recognized decline in Educational standards and the deep rot in infrastructure and other facilities at all levels of the Nigerian educational system.
From the primary to secondary and tertiary levels, it was obvious that there was urgent need for emergency funding to improve educational facilities and infrastructure, restore high morale of teachers, attract and retain qualitative entrants into the profession, encourage professionalism in teaching and improve teacher education curriculum. There was also the need to create an enabling environment for conducive teaching and learning and thus ensure the creation of a disciplined, committed, highly motivated, respected and professional teacher.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The Hausa word Almajiri (Plural Almajirai) is derived from the Arabic Almajiri (Plural Almuhajiru...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study T One of the most paramount function of Nollywood movies in the society is to entertain as well a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background Of The Study Education is an enlightenment, which explores the person about the distinction between the two no...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Motivation for the study A student teacher reflected that the practical component of teacher training practice teaching ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Reading is an essential tool for lifelong learning. It is important for everyone to develop the r...Continue Reading »
6. THE INFLUENCE OF AUDIO VISUAL MATERIALS IN THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF GEOMETRY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN RIVERS STATE» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYThe influence of audio visual materials in promoting student’s academic achievement and teaching a...Continue Reading »
7. FACTORS AFFECTING THE LEARNING OF SOCIAL STUDIES AMONG STUDENTS: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STAT...» ABSTRACT This research is concerned with the factors affecting the learning of social studies in some selected secondary school in Oredo Local Governm...Continue Reading »
8. AN INVESTIGATIVE STUDY OF THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF EARLY MOTHERHOOD IN NIGERIA ( A CASE STUDY OF EJIGBO OSUN STATE)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the causes and problems of early motherhood in Ejigbo metropolis, Osun State. Related literature...Continue Reading »
9. AN EXAMINATION OF EFFECTIVENESS OF CORPORATE PLANNING IN MANAGEMENT PROCESS ( A CASE STUDY OF DIAMOND BANK)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The development of corporate planning in business is a post World War II Phenomenon. Before the p...Continue Reading »
10. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING IN SOME SECONDARY SCHOOL: A CASE STUDY OF EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF...» ABSTRACT This research work is undertaken with a view of investigating the strategies for improving student’s academic performance in financial ...Continue Reading »