Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 43 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Teachers occupy a every important position in the educational system of any country because it is upon their number, quality, devotion to study that system depends.
Teachers have many roles to play for effective teaching and learning in our school. They are supposed to be representatives of the community and as well as academic specialist. Therefore, how a teacher goes about his/her duties and obligation in achieving the aims of the school sis regarded as the teachers’ roles.
A teacher is seen as an embodiment of knowledge.
He / she has complete authority in the classroom and his/ her role demands that he/she exercise maturity and sense of responsibility in using his/ her freedom he is expected to pay attention to individual problems of the children under his/ her care and maintain measurable discipline in the class.
Teachers prepare reports, distribute and care for teaching materials and other equipments. The importance and benefit of giving parents a complete and detailed progress repent on their children can hardly be over stressed
In social functions, the teachers are regarded as having wisdom. They are regarded as leaders, advisers or consultants. The community therefore expects teachers to help in fulfilling its aspiration.
However, the search for material wealth and get rich quick attitude, appears to have set aside the age long traditional attitude of hard work and devotion to duty which teachers are formerly known. Selfishness and inordinate ambition have now become the order of the day.
Many teachers do not accept best attitude to work to enable them.
Teachers have little or no interest in their jobs and are not dedicated to their work any more. This deteriorating trend in all work of human life is observed more in urban areas where the degree of sophistication seems to dedicate the evil pace.
Shagari (1982) observed that the attitude of Nigeria to work is the worst in the world and that if only every Nigerian is prepared to do an honest days work for an honest day’s pay, Nigeria would achieve wonders in every sphere of human endeavour.
Teaching which every body recognizes as a noble profession since ages, has been the talk of the town, the average man in the street presently laments over apparent fall in standard of education in the our society which they usually attribute to the teachers attitude to work. because to poor attitude to work by teachers the standard of education is falling daily. Some honest Nigerians are restive about this development. For this reason, one is tempted to believe that teachers attitude to work needs re-appraisal.
The researcher therefore will investigate factors affecting attitude to work by secondary school teachers in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State and to find out solution if any to the identified problems.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Students are being prepared to be leaders of tomorrow and if this great nation intends to have good leaders in future, teachers in our secondary school should be consistent in discharging their duties. They should be zealous and dedicated in their teaching endeavor.
Secondary school is the second pivot upon which other levels of education rest. This is why the teachers’ good attitude to work is necessary students discipline, punctuality and orderliness are poor where teachers do not do their work as expected.
The study therefore, is an attempt to find out factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
- To identify factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in urban area.
- Specifically to find out factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in rural area.
- To find out common factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in rural and urban areas of Ogbaru Local Government Area.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will bring to light the reasons for total lack of interest, commitment and dedication to work by teachers.
By so doing, the erosion of confidence and disturbing all of standard of education will be checked.
On the government side, irregular payment of salaries and total lack of commitment to solve the problems of teachers and the student will be checked. Motivation of teachers and introduction of in service training programme by government for incompetent teachers will help them to grow and enhance the standard quality of their performance in the school and classroom if this is achieved by government, it would not be too long for the falling standard of education and serious erosion of confidence by the society about present day education be reversed.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study will cover factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State.
It will be based mostly on identifying actually the various attitudes of teachers of secondary schools in Ogbaru towards carrying out their duties.
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTION
The following research questions where formulated for this study
- What are the factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in urban areas?
- What are the factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teacher in rural area of Ogbaru?
- What are the common factors that affect attitude to work of secondary school teachers in urban and rural areas of Ogbaru such as economic social, religions and political factors?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract The study determined the the perception of business educators on ICT as a problem of business education. The study determined the relationshi...Continue Reading »
2. POSSIBILITIES OF DEVELOPING THE POTENTIAL GIFTED AND TALENTED CHILD IN NIGERIA AND THE WAY FORWARD IN SOME SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA SOUTH LO...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Gifted and talented children are the hinges and future hopes of any human society. They are like ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study A major problem in Nigeria today is the unemployment of tertiary graduates. There are thousands of st...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY When the Arab Spring erupted in 2010, one of the first things people noticed was the very visible...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study aimed at examining the school environmental factors and students’ academic performance in physics in public secondary schools in...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF WOMEN LITERACY EDUCATION ON THE EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The impact of women literacy education on the empowerment of women can not be over emphasized. In Nig...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF PARENTAL INFLUENCE ON THE CHOICE OF CAREERS AND ROLES PLAYED IN ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENT» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to identify the effects of parental influence has on the child’s learning and his future life, endeavour of stude...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF STUDENTS INDUSTRIAL WORK EXPERIENCE SCHEME (SIWES) ON THE STUDENTS AFTER THE COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAMME» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Growing public demand and legislative expectations for accountability in the past two decades hav...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work centers on the contraception and sexuality among undergraduates in College of Education Ekiadolor in Ovia North East Local...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Schools all over the world are places where learning is sought after; they are centers for academ...Continue Reading »