Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 43 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Teachers occupy a every important position in the educational system of any country because it is upon their number, quality, devotion to study that system depends.
Teachers have many roles to play for effective teaching and learning in our school. They are supposed to be representatives of the community and as well as academic specialist. Therefore, how a teacher goes about his/her duties and obligation in achieving the aims of the school sis regarded as the teachers’ roles.
A teacher is seen as an embodiment of knowledge.
He / she has complete authority in the classroom and his/ her role demands that he/she exercise maturity and sense of responsibility in using his/ her freedom he is expected to pay attention to individual problems of the children under his/ her care and maintain measurable discipline in the class.
Teachers prepare reports, distribute and care for teaching materials and other equipments. The importance and benefit of giving parents a complete and detailed progress repent on their children can hardly be over stressed
In social functions, the teachers are regarded as having wisdom. They are regarded as leaders, advisers or consultants. The community therefore expects teachers to help in fulfilling its aspiration.
However, the search for material wealth and get rich quick attitude, appears to have set aside the age long traditional attitude of hard work and devotion to duty which teachers are formerly known. Selfishness and inordinate ambition have now become the order of the day.
Many teachers do not accept best attitude to work to enable them.
Teachers have little or no interest in their jobs and are not dedicated to their work any more. This deteriorating trend in all work of human life is observed more in urban areas where the degree of sophistication seems to dedicate the evil pace.
Shagari (1982) observed that the attitude of Nigeria to work is the worst in the world and that if only every Nigerian is prepared to do an honest days work for an honest day’s pay, Nigeria would achieve wonders in every sphere of human endeavour.
Teaching which every body recognizes as a noble profession since ages, has been the talk of the town, the average man in the street presently laments over apparent fall in standard of education in the our society which they usually attribute to the teachers attitude to work. because to poor attitude to work by teachers the standard of education is falling daily. Some honest Nigerians are restive about this development. For this reason, one is tempted to believe that teachers attitude to work needs re-appraisal.
The researcher therefore will investigate factors affecting attitude to work by secondary school teachers in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State and to find out solution if any to the identified problems.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Students are being prepared to be leaders of tomorrow and if this great nation intends to have good leaders in future, teachers in our secondary school should be consistent in discharging their duties. They should be zealous and dedicated in their teaching endeavor.
Secondary school is the second pivot upon which other levels of education rest. This is why the teachers’ good attitude to work is necessary students discipline, punctuality and orderliness are poor where teachers do not do their work as expected.
The study therefore, is an attempt to find out factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
- To identify factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in urban area.
- Specifically to find out factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in rural area.
- To find out common factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in rural and urban areas of Ogbaru Local Government Area.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will bring to light the reasons for total lack of interest, commitment and dedication to work by teachers.
By so doing, the erosion of confidence and disturbing all of standard of education will be checked.
On the government side, irregular payment of salaries and total lack of commitment to solve the problems of teachers and the student will be checked. Motivation of teachers and introduction of in service training programme by government for incompetent teachers will help them to grow and enhance the standard quality of their performance in the school and classroom if this is achieved by government, it would not be too long for the falling standard of education and serious erosion of confidence by the society about present day education be reversed.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study will cover factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anambra State.
It will be based mostly on identifying actually the various attitudes of teachers of secondary schools in Ogbaru towards carrying out their duties.
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTION
The following research questions where formulated for this study
- What are the factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teachers in urban areas?
- What are the factors affecting attitude to work of secondary school teacher in rural area of Ogbaru?
- What are the common factors that affect attitude to work of secondary school teachers in urban and rural areas of Ogbaru such as economic social, religions and political factors?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF SCHOOL DISCIPLINE ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA S...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Provision of quality education and training is the ultimate goal of any educational system. The succe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study There has been increasing interest in introducing innovations such as Information and Communication Tec...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The history of the 20th century is full of examples that demonstrate that violence resistance against...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe study was designed to find out, the relationship between effective educational planning and staff performance. A case study of some select...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN THEIR CHOICE OF CAREER» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Meaning and Definition of Guidance and Counselling Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary def...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL WORKERS IN AN HOSPITAL (A CASE STUDY OF PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL, USELU, BENIN CITY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY There are many notions of what the role of a social worker should be; we identify the more preval...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to find out the motivation on teacher performance in secondary schools. It also investigated the difference in the e...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the studyA thorough understanding of adolescence in society depends on information from various perspective...Continue Reading »
9. THE NEED FOR AN EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM I TEACHING AND LEARNING (E-LEARNING) A case study of Emmanuel College Owerri» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY According to DfES e Learning Strategy Unit(2003),e Learning exploits interactive technologies and...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background Of The Study Education is an enlightenment, which explores the person about the distinction between the two no...Continue Reading »