Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 73 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Crime is an inevitable phenomenon in human existence because human beings are hedonistic in nature (pleasure seeking in nature). The rate at which teenagers and youths in the society commit crime cannot be overemphasized. Crime in schools is one of the most disturbing societal problems in the society today. The crime does not affect only the offender, victim or witness but it affects societal growth and stability at large.
A crime is an act committed or omitted, in violation of a public law, either forbidding or commanding it; a breach or violation of some public right or duty due to whole community, considered as a community. In its social aggregate capacity, as distinguished from a civil injury. (Wilkins v. u. s).
Crime is again defined as an intentional act or omission in violation of criminal law, statutory, case law committed without defense or justification and sanctioned by the state as a felony or misdemeanor. (Paul Tappan 1947)
Crime and criminal behavior is hard to define. This is due to the varying norms and ideologies in different societies, what is seen as a crime in a society will be part of the norms of another. A United Nations research institute observed that:
Crime, in the sense of a breach of legal prohibition, is a universal concept, but what actually constitutes a crime and how seriously it should be regarded, varies enormously from
one society to another. Perceptions of crime are not determined by any objective indicator of the degree of injury or damage but by cultural values and power relations.
Various means have been provided to reduce the criminal behaviors amongst youth and various resources have been directed at developing various means of reducing criminal behaviors amongst students. Such means includes payment of fine, community service, rehabilitation, juvenile prison just to mention a few. But these various means have failed in achieving the means for which they were established, they have failed in reducing crimes in the society and also in reducing the high rate of recidivism in the society. The activities of students have long been subject to public concerns such as examination malpractice, physical assault, sexual assault, theft, bullying, and most times students always categorize some crimes as less crimes and this makes them commit some offences as if they were normal, this includes indecent dressing, going late for lectures just to mention a few.
In order to ensure the reduction of criminal behavior in schools, there should be an effective model put in place to ensure the reduction of criminal behaviors in schools. The main focus is to continue the downward trends in the high volume crime and to intervene in the increase of recidivism and effectiveness and efficiency of the intervention in addressing the behavior of the youth and the causes of such behavior and their needs.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The history of criminal behavior in institutions has been seen to have grown over the years. This shows that this area of criminal acts among students have been neglected in that the same
solution have been applied to the increase of these criminal behaviors in students and this has not yielded any positive result over the years.
Some of the problems include;
• Increase in crime rate in the institutions
• There is no standard measure of tackling criminal behaviors among students
• Increase in victimization among students
• Rise of tension among students
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The broad objective of the study is to evaluate the criminal behaviors of students of private institutions and to examine measures of reducing criminal behavior. Specific objectives include:
· To identify the criminal behaviors of students in both Afe Babalola University and Bowen university
· To compare the trend of criminal activities in both institutions
· To compare both institutions students disciplinary committee with the intent of knowing how effective they have been in reducing crime
· To analyze the success that has been achieved in reducing the crime
· To identify the challenges faced in reducing criminal behavior
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In its classical definition, and simple definition, education is the transmission or transfer...Continue Reading »
2. PROBLEMS OF TEACHING BUSINESS EDUCATION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF IGBO ETITI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION We are living in a world that is rapidly progressing scientifically and technologically. The economic well being of any devel...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was designed to investigate the causes and effect of street hawking and dropout on child of school age. The research instrument co...Continue Reading »
4. THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACT OF RURAL-URBAN MIGRATION ON THE RURAL AREAS: A CASE STUDY OF ORA VILLAGE IN OWAN WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY There have been rapid increase of youths movements from rural area to urban centres, no one is in dou...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM ON THE ADMINISTRATION EFFECTIVENESS OF PRIMARY SCHOOL IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Computers are seen to have the potential to make a significant contribution to the teaching, lear...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background to the Study Over the past decades, the unfortunate reality is that the income gap has widened between Nigerian families. E...Continue Reading »
7. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING COMPUTER STUDIES IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ANIOCHA AND OSHIMILI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the strategies for improving accounting education in secondary schools. Four research questi...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF INDUSTRIAL TRAINING SCHEME ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF MANPOWER IN SELETED BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT IN ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Some years back, the concept of training and development of manpower in some business establishme...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The purpose of education is to equip the individuals to reshape their society and eliminate inequ...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECTS OF INTEGRATED GROUP BASED MASTERY LEARNING MODEL ON SOCIAL STUDIES STUDENTSâ€™ ACHIEVEMENT IN BENIN CITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The recent socio political and economic changes in the world and within nations have brought about ch...Continue Reading »