Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In spite of the much talk of the paperless office, a considerable amount of information is stored in hard copy (i.e paper) form. This is because people still prefer to see information on paper. In our offices today, the large number of information being received daily is stored in a safe place rather than being thrown away. This however, is because the information coming into our offices will also be needed in the future. Furthermore, a large number of papers and documents cannot be received and handled without proper arrangement(s). In an organization where documents are not filed, the average office worker spends more time than is necessary in searching for documents, which he/she cannot even locate. Meanwhile, since the emergence of the filing documents are now always handy and readily available in our office today and time which have been wasted in looking for such documents therefore, does not only save time but makes the retrieval of information in the offices very easy and less demanding.
Moreover, modern organizations do not rely on the memory of its functionaries. According to Ahukannah (2002). A record of all the activities of the business must be kept. Personnel matters, sales figures, balance sheets, progress of work, cash flow, bank accounts, incoming and outgoing mails must be documented. All information received by the office on behalf of the organization must be properly recorded. It is the function of a filing staff to record, keep and retrieve all useful information, which the organization may need from time to time. Documents are filled in order to retain them in good condition, for record purpose and to survey them for effective, detailed investigation of information management for easy retrieval. Effect of good Filing enables the organization to handle correspondence properly and with minimum delay. Filing also provide materials, which are tendered as evidence in law courts. It ensures adequate protection of documents against theft, and damages.
According to Cray Forth (1997), an office without a good effect of filing systems and classification is bound to fail its dealings within and outside the organization. Therefore, the importance of a record filing systems and classification cannot be over- emphasized. When documents are properly surveyed and filed, it makes it easier for one to refer to a particular document at any point in time.
Though according to Elendu,(1995) a faulty survey of filing systems and classification makes the record keeping of an organization a tedious job because the information’s are not readily handy and available. Without proper filing, documents used in the organization may become rumpled and untidy and this will not represent the best interest of the organization to its public. A misfiled document or misplaced file can cause havoc and in certain circumstances have potentially disastrous results, especially with the huge amount of information now being required by organizations. If files are not well classified, it makes it difficult if not out– rightly impossible for the documents to be retrieved. Besides, if a survey of good filing systems and classification is faulty, previous time is wasted in searching for documents. A good effect of filing systems and classification of fillies helps for easy reference and minimizes misplacement of documents.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The statement of the problem is an indisputable fact that a good effect of filing systems and classification in the productivity of a secretary is necessary for the efficiency and effectiveness of the personnel department since the department has a place in virtually every establishment or organization. Nowadays, organization has become complex with modern changes in technology. Administration responsibilities are posed with challenges from all quarters. As a result, the secretary as a partner of the executives is not left out. Similarly, the secretary is held to have a versatile knowledge of all what it takes to achieve the objective of the organization especially as it relates to handling of documents and visitors.
However, the secretary in this instance, has to possess the skill of written and oral communication. Besides, files are to be kept in order both efficiently and effectively too for easy retrieval in order to enhance the productivity level of staff of the department, to identify the type good filing system and classification in use in the personnel department of the federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri because in the past, documents are not filed effectively and that has led to misplacement of files.
1.3. PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to survey the filing systems and classification in use in the senior staff personnel Department of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri.
The study will specifically attempt to:
v Identify the type of filing classification adopted by senior staff personnel Department of the Federal polytechnic Nekede, Owerri.
v Identify the personnel involved in handling office filing in the department.
v Identify the filing equipment used in the department.
v Determine the extent to which the effect of good filing system and classification has enhanced the productivity level of staff of the department.
v To determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the system and classification in use.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following research questions were designed based on the objectives to enable the researcher achieve the purpose of the study.
1. What is the level of efficiency and effectiveness of the good filing systems and classification in the Personnel Department of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri.
2. To what extent has the filing system and classification enhance the productivity of a secretary.
3. What type of filing equipments are used in one productivity of a secretary.
4. who are the personnel involved in handling office filing in the productivity of a secretary by the personnel department of federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri?
5.what type of filling system is adopted by the personnel department federal polytechnic nekede, owerri.
1.5. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will be of benefit to the personnel department since it will throw light on their survey of filing systems and classification with a view of getting them to improve and adapt to changes.
The study will be beneficial to the students of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri since it will enable them know the filing systems and classification in use and to ascertain which filing systems to adapt in a situation.
The study will also be of benefit to the department of Secretarial Administration because it will enable them to adapt to the most suitable filing systems so as to enhance quick retrieval of information.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is a broad one but it centers on the Personnel Department of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri.
The scope of this study will help in the Personnel department to file documents efficiently and effectively for easy retrieval.
It will also help the Personnel to know or identify the type of filing systems and classification in use in the Personnel Department of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF CLASS SIZE AND TEACHING METHOD ON ENGLISH STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE ( A CASE STUDY OF UYO LGA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The role of the teacher in imparting knowledge to learners in any educational system cannot be ov...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Chapter OneINTRODUCTIONBackground of the StudyStatement of the ProblemSignificance of StudyPurpose of StudyResearch QuestionLimitatio...Continue Reading »
3. THE PROBLEM AND PROSPECT OF TEACHING AND LEARNING PHYSICS IN SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL (A Study Of Federal Government College Malali Kaduna, Kaduna State...» 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYThe attitude towards physics in secondary schools in Nigeria is unsatisfactory sequel to the wrong perception that the subj...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Formal guidance began in Nigeria towards the end of 1959. Guidance and counseling service was introduced in ka...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF SUPERVISION IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRIMARY EDUCATION (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» ABSTRACT In this research project, an attempt was made by the researcher to find out the role of supervision in the development of primary education i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Origin of English language: English language originated in the North Western Europe, going by the...Continue Reading »
7. IMPACT OF FAMILY BACKGROUND ON PUPILS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN SOCIAL STUDIES IN SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF K...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Families play important role for children’s success in school. Parents tend to exert a lot ...Continue Reading »
8. PERCEIVED DIFFICULTIES OF SOME BIOLOGICAL CONCEPT BY SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN THE STUDY OF SOME BIOLOGICAL CONCEPT» Biology is basic for understanding the complexities of life. This aspect of science for example, genetically making significant contribution such as g...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Academic result serves as feedback on the assessment of students performance on subject or course...Continue Reading »
10. OF SENIOR SECONDARY THE INFLUENCE OF BIOLOGY PRACTICAL ACTIVITIES ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ENUGU EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ENUGU...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Science is a great enterprise which nations depend on, in order to advance technologically. Science t...Continue Reading »