Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦6,000
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In spite of the much talk of the paperless office, a considerable amount of information is stored in hard copy (i.e paper) form. This is because people still prefer to see information on paper. In our offices today, the large number of information being received daily is stored in a safe place rather than being thrown away. This however, is because the information coming into our offices will also be needed in the future. Furthermore, a large number of papers and documents cannot be received and handled without proper arrangement(s). In an organization where documents are not filed, the average office worker spends more time than is necessary in searching for documents, which he/she cannot even locate. Meanwhile, since the emergence of the filing documents are now always handy and readily available in our office today and time which have been wasted in looking for such documents therefore, does not only save time but makes the retrieval of information in the offices very easy and less demanding.
Moreover, modern organizations do not rely on the memory of its functionaries. According to Ahukannah (2002). A record of all the activities of the business must be kept. Personnel matters, sales figures, balance sheets, progress of work, cash flow, bank accounts, incoming and outgoing mails must be documented. All information received by the office on behalf of the organization must be properly recorded. It is the function of a filing staff to record, keep and retrieve all useful information, which the organization may need from time to time. Documents are filled in order to retain them in good condition, for record purpose and to survey them for effective, detailed investigation of information management for easy retrieval. Effect of good Filing enables the organization to handle correspondence properly and with minimum delay. Filing also provide materials, which are tendered as evidence in law courts. It ensures adequate protection of documents against theft, and damages.
According to Cray Forth (1997), an office without a good effect of filing systems and classification is bound to fail its dealings within and outside the organization. Therefore, the importance of a record filing systems and classification cannot be over- emphasized. When documents are properly surveyed and filed, it makes it easier for one to refer to a particular document at any point in time.
Though according to Elendu,(1995) a faulty survey of filing systems and classification makes the record keeping of an organization a tedious job because the information’s are not readily handy and available. Without proper filing, documents used in the organization may become rumpled and untidy and this will not represent the best interest of the organization to its public. A misfiled document or misplaced file can cause havoc and in certain circumstances have potentially disastrous results, especially with the huge amount of information now being required by organizations. If files are not well classified, it makes it difficult if not out– rightly impossible for the documents to be retrieved. Besides, if a survey of good filing systems and classification is faulty, previous time is wasted in searching for documents. A good effect of filing systems and classification of fillies helps for easy reference and minimizes misplacement of documents.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The statement of the problem is an indisputable fact that a good effect of filing systems and classification in the productivity of a secretary is necessary for the efficiency and effectiveness of the personnel department since the department has a place in virtually every establishment or organization. Nowadays, organization has become complex with modern changes in technology. Administration responsibilities are posed with challenges from all quarters. As a result, the secretary as a partner of the executives is not left out. Similarly, the secretary is held to have a versatile knowledge of all what it takes to achieve the objective of the organization especially as it relates to handling of documents and visitors.
However, the secretary in this instance, has to possess the skill of written and oral communication. Besides, files are to be kept in order both efficiently and effectively too for easy retrieval in order to enhance the productivity level of staff of the department, to identify the type good filing system and classification in use in the personnel department of the federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri because in the past, documents are not filed effectively and that has led to misplacement of files.
1.3. PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to survey the filing systems and classification in use in the senior staff personnel Department of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri.
The study will specifically attempt to:
v Identify the type of filing classification adopted by senior staff personnel Department of the Federal polytechnic Nekede, Owerri.
v Identify the personnel involved in handling office filing in the department.
v Identify the filing equipment used in the department.
v Determine the extent to which the effect of good filing system and classification has enhanced the productivity level of staff of the department.
v To determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the system and classification in use.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following research questions were designed based on the objectives to enable the researcher achieve the purpose of the study.
1. What is the level of efficiency and effectiveness of the good filing systems and classification in the Personnel Department of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri.
2. To what extent has the filing system and classification enhance the productivity of a secretary.
3. What type of filing equipments are used in one productivity of a secretary.
4. who are the personnel involved in handling office filing in the productivity of a secretary by the personnel department of federal polytechnic Nekede Owerri?
5.what type of filling system is adopted by the personnel department federal polytechnic nekede, owerri.
1.5. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will be of benefit to the personnel department since it will throw light on their survey of filing systems and classification with a view of getting them to improve and adapt to changes.
The study will be beneficial to the students of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri since it will enable them know the filing systems and classification in use and to ascertain which filing systems to adapt in a situation.
The study will also be of benefit to the department of Secretarial Administration because it will enable them to adapt to the most suitable filing systems so as to enhance quick retrieval of information.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is a broad one but it centers on the Personnel Department of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri.
The scope of this study will help in the Personnel department to file documents efficiently and effectively for easy retrieval.
It will also help the Personnel to know or identify the type of filing systems and classification in use in the Personnel Department of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CAUSES AND EFFECT OF POOR NUTRITION ON CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 15 YEARS: A CASE STUDY OF EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY Poor nutrition is as old as man exist on earth, nutrition particular in protein and energy growing food w...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECTIVENESS OF ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION PROGRAMME IN EDO STATE, A CASE STUDY OF OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE.» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate effectiveness of the environmental sanitation programme on the people of Oredo Local Government Are...Continue Reading »
3. AN EVALUATION OF TEACHERS ATTITUDE AND COMPETENCY IN IMPLEMENTING CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ETHIOPE LO...» ABSTRACT This study is predicated on selected secondary schools in Ethiope Local Government Area of Delta state with a view to evaluating teachers&rsq...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF PARENTAL INFLUENCE ON THE CHOICE OF CAREER AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ANAMBRA STATE» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to identify the effects of parental influence has on the child's learning and his future life, endeavour of student...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was on the factors associated with mass failure of students in the English languagein secondary schools in Nsukka L.G.A of Enugu S...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL IN THE SUPERVISION OF INSTRUCTIONS IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION. 1.1 Background of the study Educational leadership was constructed by Anglo American scholars as which include moral, interp...Continue Reading »
7. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST THE PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN INTRODUCTORY TECHNOLOGY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL IN NIGERIA” (A CASE STUDY OF SEC...» ABSTRACT It is disheartening to say that until recently, Introductory Technology Education was not paid attention to by the introducers and the acquir...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACTThis project work is the role of reward and punishment on student’s academic performance in some selected secondary schools in Oredo local g...Continue Reading »
9. IMPROVING THE SAFETY SKILLS OF STUDENTS IN THE WORKSHOPS OF DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION TECHNICAL IN KADUNA POLYTECHNIC. KADUNA STATE» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of content vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES ON THE MORALS OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF IBADAN OYO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Christian religious studies is one among the religious subjects taught in secondary schools in N...Continue Reading »