Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 70 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The country Nigeria is one of the most populated nation in the whole of Africa. It is located in the western part of Africa with a population of 160 to 180 million. A country with a great land masses. Nigeria as a country has 36 states and 250 ethnic groups. The dominant tribes in the country Nigeria are the Igbos, Hausas and the yorubas. The Igbo dominated the eastern part of the country, the yoruba dominated the western part of the country while Hausa dominated the northern part of the country. In nigeria there two major religion, which are christianity and islam.
The nation gained her independence in the month of october 1960. (wikipedia, 2014). Nigeria is one of the most famous african country. Nigeria contributed greatly in the economic community of west African state (ECOWAS) activities. (Adebakin, 2012). The nations economy was dependent on agriculture sometime ago but in 1973, when the Nigeria crude oil was discovered most Nigeria left the agricultural practice to go into oil. Oil later became Nigeria highest source of income. With the vast population of Nigeria and the increase in oil production this made Nigeria the greatest force the whole of west Africa. It was observed that the GDP of the country rose to about 500 million dollar as at the year 2014; making Nigeria the 26th largest economy in the world and the first in the whole of Africa.
But since Nigeria gain the inception as a sovereign state, Nigeria has suffered a lot of setbacks through civil unrest and insurgences, as this has significant effect on the growth and development of the Nigerian economy.
The set backs are just to much for a country that gained independence not too long; the igbo leader Odimegwu Ojukwu who tried to lead the igbos to gain an independent state called biafra which led to the civil war that lasted for two years and some months between 6th july 1967 to january 1970. About a total of 3 million lost their lives to this incidence. (wikipedia,2014).
Another incdence took place again; the civil unrest by the militant group, all these are based on ethnic and difference in religion. Some of thes group are Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Niger Delta Peoples’ Volunteer Force (NDPVF), Movement for the Emancipation of the Nigeria Delta (MEND), Bakassi Boys, Oodua People’s Congress (OPC) and Boko Haram (Adebakin, 2012)
The most alarming incidence is the arrival of the Boko Haram sect which changed, from being an innocuous political machine, to further the ambition of a group of Northern politicians, (Adetoro, 2012), into the most savage militant group in the annals of Nigerian history, with its unconventional continious attack on inncent people of Nigeria.
This group is also called the jama’atu Ahlis sunna lidda Awati Wal-jihad. ( Eme & Ibietan, 2012; Ogbonnaya & Ehigiamusoe, 2013; Okoli & Iortyer 2014; and Wikipedia, 2014). In Hausa Language, Boko Haram means western education is a “abomination” or ‘forbidden”. This group was founded by a Nigeria named Mohammed Yusuf in the year 2013. As a Muslim sect that intends to abolish secular system of government and establish Sharia law in Nigeria (Eme & Ibietan, 2012). It is an offshoot of a radical Islamic youth group which worshipped at the Alhaji Muhammadu Ndimi Mosque in Maiduguri, in the 1990s.
Yusuf was a charismatic leader and cleric who travelled through the Northern part of Nigeria to preach Islamic tenets. By his translation of the Holy Quran, he was of the view that certain part of western education is contrary to the dictates of the Quran. Yusuf was also critical of government which he perceived as being deceptive and insincere. (Crisis Group, 2014). The foregoing scenario eventually paved the way for the transformation of an apparently harmless organization into a killing machine. However, the extra-judicial killing of Yusuf by security forces compelled his followers to declare an all-out war on the Nigerian society, leading to incessant kidnapping, killing.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Well Nigeria as a nation have suffered in recent times, these harzards has affected almost every part of nigeria especially the northern part of nigeria. The made every effort trying to find out the best way to resolve this issues of crises from all part of the country as these has effect on the growth and development of the nigeria economy. The research study tried to find out the major causes why the boko haram can not be stopped. It was discovered that these group of people have sponsors from some members of staff federal government of Nigeria.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. Does boko haram bombing have any significant effect on the economic development of Nigeria?
2. What are the roles of the federal government of Nigeria towards improving the saftey of students in their school enviroment?
3. Does the level of crises in Nigeria have significant effect on the academic performance of students?
4. Does the level of unemployement in Nigeria increase the level of crises in Nigeria?
5. Does the re-orientation of the masses especially in the Northern part of Nigeria on the importance of education helps to improve the academic performance of students?
6. Does religion differences have significant effect on the level of crises in Nigeria?
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: There is no mean difference in gender responses of the respondents that boko haram bombing have significant effect on the academic performance of students.
H1: There is mean difference in gender responses of the respondents that boko haram bombing have significant effect on the academic performance of students.
H0: The re-orientation of the masses especially in the Northern part of Nigeria on the importance of education has no significant impact on the academic performance of students.
H1: The re-orientation of the masses especially in the Northern part of Nigeria on the importance of education has significant impact on the academic performance of students.
1.5 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
1. To determine the effect of boko haram bombing on the academic performance of students.
2. To determine the roles of the federal government policy towards improving the academic performance of students.
3. To investigate the effect of unemployement on the level of crises in Nigeria.
4. To determine the effect of crises on the academic performance of students.
5. To determine the effect of background on the level of crises in Nigeria.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The research work gives a clear view on the re-orientation of the masses especially in the Northern part of Nigeria on the importance of education, it also discuss the roles of the federal governement policy on the academic performance of the student.
The study will also highlight the factors affecting the level of academic performance among students in Nigeria. It will also reveal the responses of the respondents on the effect of level of unemployment on the level of crises in Nigeria. Finally th student will reveal the effect of bombing on the academic performance of students in Nigeria.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The research work is limited to the study of the effect of unemployment on the level of crises in Nigeria. it discussed the period of unrest from the time of civil war from 1967 to 1970. It throws more light on the effect of religion difference on the level of crises in Nigeria.
The study made use of primary data gotten from the distribution of research questionnaires to about 120 population with a sample size of 100 for the purpose of study.
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
FINANCIAL CONSTRAINTS: Because of insufficient funds, the researcher was unable to reach out to all the areas of crises but he/she was still able to garther meaning information concerning the topic above.
TIME CONSTRAINTS: Due to the researcher involvement in other areas of research he/she was not able to get more information because of time factor but every information gotten from the reesearcher was very meaningful.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
INSURGENCY: is a rebellion against authority when those taking part in the rebellion are not recognized as belligerents
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE APPLICATION OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TO THE LEARNING AND TEACHING OF ECONOMICS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In today’s world, the use of adoption of information technology (ICT) in teaching of economics ...Continue Reading »
2. PERCEPTION OF STUDENTS WHO UNDERTAKE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AS A PROGRAMME OF STUDY AND THE INFLUENCE OF THEIR PERCEPTION ON THEIR CHOICE OF THE PROGRAMM...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Generally, factors that influence one’s career choice are either intrinsic or extrinsic and...Continue Reading »
3. AN INVESTIGATIVE STUDY OF THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF EARLY MOTHERHOOD IN NIGERIA ( A CASE STUDY OF EJIGBO OSUN STATE)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the causes and problems of early motherhood in Ejigbo metropolis, Osun State. Related literature...Continue Reading »
4. INFLUENCE OF SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ETSAKO EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The school environment which include the classrooms, libraries, technical workshops, laboratories, te...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Western education is a system originated from the west and penetrated to the world after Islamic ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Record keeping in an organizational set up is very important and cannot be overemphasized. This i...Continue Reading »
7. IMPEDIMENTS TO THE EFFECTIVE LEARNING OF COMPUTER STUDIES IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN IKWO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study sought to investigate theimpediments to the effective learning of Computer Studies in junior secondary schools in Ikwo Local Gover...Continue Reading »
8. INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS UTILIZATION ON JSS 3 STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN MATHEMATICS IN IBESIKPO AZUTAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The search for efficient and effective delivery of instructions to Students has always been major...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the management of conflict in primary schools. The purposes of this study are to identify the strategies used by head tea...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The main objective of education being it formal or informal is to equip the student with the requ...Continue Reading »