Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The high level of moral decadence and insurgencies in Nigerian nation is an indication that there is poor religious teaching in secondary school system. Christian religious studies (CRS) as one of the religious subjects taught in secondary school in Nigerian takes a central position in ensuring moral and spiritual well-being of individuals in the society. The key roles of CRS in equipping the individuals and ensuring high level of morality is made clear in the objectives of CRS at the senior secondary level which include; to provide more opportunities for Nigerian youths to learn more about god and thereby develop their faith in god; to enable the youths to accept Christ as their savior; to help the youths develop Christian attitude and moral values (such as humility, respect, love, and justice, etc); to instill in the youth the spirit of tolerance, reconciliation, peaceful co-existence and non-violence as well as to develop and foster in the youth the spirit of respect for all people and human life.
Religion can be defined as the beliefs, attitudes, emotions or behaviours constituting man’s relationship with the power and principles of the universe, especially with a deity or deities. It is also an object of conscientious devotion or scrupulous care.
Christian Religious Knowledge is an aspect of religion that is peculiar to the followers of Christ. It was a religion of the Jews, then called Judaism or Yahwehism otherwise called Hebrew. Christian religion is being practiced in Nigeria till today because it is a builder or moulder of attitude and morality. Religion cannot be separated from education that is the reason why religious education is included in the National curriculum of Education right from the primary to the tertiary level of education. Despite the importance of Christian Religious Knowledge to the individual and nation in inculcating moral values and behaviour change, it is worthy to note that the attitude of students in the subject is diminishing and poor.
Poor attitude of students toward Christian religion knowledge has revealed in their poor performance in the subject has generated a growing concern from various quarters, parents, teachers, schools and government. One is also worried because if the relative importance of CRS to education excellence and moral development is considered, there is the need for a positive approach toward the study of Christian religious studies if the country is not to be eroded of its moral values.
Currently, the subject has an optional status for students. It is being challenged by socio-economic condition which have consistently demanded a functional program to meet the needs of a developing nation rich in religious plurality, diversity and secularity. Consequently, this raises a serious concern on the future of Christian Religious Knowledge. This situation has necessitated the need to empirically investigate review and evaluate students’ attitude toward career choice in Christian religion studies.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Career choice is a complex decision for students since it determine the kind of profession that they intend to pursue in life. As students try to make career choice, while in secondary school, they face problem of matching their career choices with the abilities and school performance.
In IbesikpoAsutan Local Government Area, every year senior secondary three students (SS 3) make career choices before sitting for their final examination (SSCE), however; the numbers of students writing Christian Religious Knowledge are not many as compared to science related subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology etc.
In most of AkwaIbom State cultures such as Ibibio culture, Oron, Annang, have strong religious beliefs and value, religious teaching and yet secondary school students in IbesikpoAsutan would rather apply for professional courses and other courses from humanities in the University.8
According to Shertzer and Stone, lack of interest on the part of the student can always lead to low efficiency. This is my major area of concern; the lackadaisical attitude of students toward the subject is alarming. This attitude is portrayed by the number of students present during Christian Religion Knowledge class. Their enthusiasm is low toward the subject. It is based on this that the researcher seeks to investigate what factors are responsible for such negative attitude towards career choice in Christian Religious Studies.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The purposes of this research study is to examine the level of attitude of secondary schools students toward career choice in Christian Religious Studies in IbesikpoAsutan Local Government Area. The key variables for realization of this goal are attitude of secondary schools students and career choice in Christian Religious Studies. It intends to specifically:
1. Establish the relationship between attitude of Secondary School Students and Career choice in C.R.S.
2. To ascertain if the attitude of students themselves toward career choice in Christian religious Studies is gender based.
3. To establish the influence of teachers and parents over students toward career choice in C.R.S.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
H0: there are no factors that influences students’ attitude towards the study of Christian religious Studies.
H1:there are factors that influences students’ attitude towards the study of Christian religious Studies.
H0:There is no significant difference between the attitudes of male and female students towards the study of social studies.
H2: There is a significant difference between the attitudes of male and female students towards the study of social studies.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is the researchers’ view that the outcome of the research study would be relevant in inculcating into the sub-consciousness of the students the need in putting up a positive attitude toward taking Christian religious Studies as course of study in the University. It will aid those entrusted with secondary school policy formulation and implementation to making Christian Religious Studies compulsory subject thereby competing alongside other science subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry etc. being that Christian Religious Knowledge is a subject that teaches moral values, norms and ethical way of living.It will also enlighten the secondary schools administrators on the need to employ professional teachers for the teaching of Christian Religious Knowledge. In most secondary schools, the teachers handling Christian Religious Studies are incompetent thereby lacking the passion and experience that will enable them deliver on the subject.Finally, it will also contribute towards informing parents on the need to allow their children to take up CRS
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research will limit itself to the factors that influence attitude of secondary schools students toward career choice in Christian Religion Studies. Analysis would be based on the current SS1-2 students of secondary schools in Ibesikpo Local Government Area of AkwaIbom State. The subject used in the study is Christian Religious Knowledge. As at the time of this research, SS3 students were writing (WAEC) as course of study in tertiary institution.However the research has some constraints which are;
Time: the time at the disposal of the researcher which is allocated for the study was a major limitation as the researcher has to combine other academic work with the study.
Finance: The finance at the disposal of the researcher in the course of the study does not allow for wider coverage as resources are very limited as the researcher has other academic bills to cover.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Attitude: Ones feelings about an issue, events or condition. In this case, the feelings of secondary schools students about making a career choice in Christian Religious Studies of the 6,3,3,4 system of education as practiced on Nigeria at present.
Career Choice: Career is an enjoying process that occurs over the life span and includes home, schools and community. Choice is an act of choosing between two or more possibility. The right to choose or the possibility of choosing.
Christian Religious Studies: This is a course of study in the University which covers Christianity from a religious, anthropological, societal and historical perspective. A broad grounding in the humanities and science is also included in these degree programme.
Guidance Counsellors: A school counselor is a counselor and an educator who works in primary (elementary and middle) schools and/or secondary schools to provide academic, career, college access/affordability/admission, and social-emotional competencies to all students through a school counseling program.
INFLUENCE- The power of acts by which parents or a person has to control the desire of another.
Curriculum: refers to course of study offered in a school, college et cetera.
Syllabus: refers to concise statement of contents of a course of instruction in a subjects or subjects.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows. Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (background of the study), statement of the problem, objectives of the study, research questions, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope of the study etc. Chapter two being the review of the related literature presents the theoretical framework, conceptual framework and other areas concerning the subject matter. Chapter three is a research methodology covers deals on the research design and methods adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A CONTRIBUTION OF YOUTH ORGANIZATIONS IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA SOUTH LGA)» ABSTRACT This study was intended to examine the contribution of youth organizations in community development in Kaduna south LGA. This study was guide...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigates the attitude of teachers towards teaching in rural areas in Nigeria using Brass Local Government Area of Bayelsa Stat...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF CHRISTAIN RELIGIOUS STUDIES ON THE MORALS OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UYO AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT This research discusses the impact of Christian religious studies on the morals of secondary school students in Uyo metropolis. It discussed ...Continue Reading »
4. THE LANGUAGE OF CHRISTIAN RELIGION A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND SOME SELECTED PENTECOSTAL DENOMINATIONS» ABSTRACT This study is an examination of the language of Christian religion with particular reference to the Roman Catholic Church and Pentecostal den...Continue Reading »
5. ASSESSMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS APPLIED BY PRINCIPALS OF SCHOOLS OF NURSING IN THE SOUTH EAST ZONE OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Principals of schools of nursing are confronted with situations that involve a lot of communication.The aim of the study therefore was to ass...Continue Reading »
6. STRATEGIES FOR MANAGING DISCIPLINARY PROBLEMS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN IZZI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at investigating strategies for managing disciplinary problems among secondary school students in Izzi Local Government A...Continue Reading »
7. EXAMINING THE INFLUENCE OF USE OF SCHOOL LIBRARIES IN PROMOTING READING CULTURE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN RIVERS STATE» The function of reading in the development of human life and his society cannot be overemphasized as it adds quality to life and is a pathway to the f...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF STUDY AND TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS OF UGIV HAUSA EDUCATION STUDENTS OF USMANU DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY SOKOTO» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Hausa is the largest and dominate language in northern Nigeria. Education is the process of teach...Continue Reading »
9. EXTENT OF USE OF INSTRUCTION MATERIALS FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BUSINESS EDUCATION IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In teaching, it is highly desirable to know exactly what one aims to achieve as it is in all grea...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on strategies for improving low academic performances in English language in secondary school. The total population for the stu...Continue Reading »