The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 80 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
Get the complete project »
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Teachers are very important in the developing the future of student and the academic sector in Nigeria. The teaching profession is one of the least respected professions in Nigeria today as it is the case in most developing countries of the world. Teachers from all ramifications are the builder of a nation hence they educate the youth that will later sustain the growth or the nation. This important role which the teachers play is not adequately compensated. If not for recently when the federal government had introduced some fringe benefits or remunerations such as the new salary structure called "elongated salary", housing and transport, utility. Rent and leave allowances for all workers in the country, teachers would have remained very poor. These remunerations are added incentives to motivate and encourage teachers to put in their best for a better attitude to work, which will lead to high productivity and efficiency. Unfortunately, these remunerations arc not so regularly paid to teachers as their counterparts in other employments. This usually leads to incessant strikes in the school system. According to Mbipom (2000:115), both staff and students have lost much time due to strikes for better conditions of service. Accordingly, as long as the hydra headed examination malpractice is around nobody seems to mind. The resultant effects arc found in the half-baked and ill-equipped product turn out from the school system annually.
On the other hand many teachers do not accept best attitude to work to enable them.
Teachers have little or no interest in their jobs and are not dedicated to their work anymore. This deteriorating trend in all work of human life is observed more in urban areas where the degree of sophistication seems to dedicate the evil pace.
Shagari (2002) observed that the attitude of Nigeria to work is the worst in the world and that if only every Nigerian is prepared to do an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay, Nigeria would achieve wonders in every sphere of human endeavour.
Teaching which everybody recognizes as a noble profession since ages, has been the talk of the town, the average man in the street presently laments over apparent fall in standard of education in the our society which they usually attribute to the teachers attitude to work; because to poor attitude to work by teachers the standard of education is falling daily.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Teachers are essential for developing the future of students. Achievement level of students is directly related with the effectiveness of teachers. But a main problem exists in the Public schools in Nigeria, due to which performance of students is declining. A large number of teachers are incoming and leaving in the Public schools. Due to this reason, teaching has become a revolving door occupation. Moreover, a large number of teachers are switching to other non-teaching jobs. Due to this, shortage of competent teachers is happening. Schools are fulfilling these positions with ineffective teachers. This turnover of competent teachers and fulfilling of these vacant positions with inefficient teachers decrease the standard of instruction & due to low quality of instruction, student’s performance is declined. Excessive teacher’s turnover has a deep impact on the achievement level of students. This excessive turnover is capturing the attention of education research and development. The main goal of educationalists is to know about the reasons of excessive teacher’s turnover. This problem is not only prevailing in Yobe State but also the same situation is prevailing in the other cities of Pakistan as well as in other countries. It is to this regard that the research desires to carry out an assessment of teachers’ motivation and attitude to work among secondary school teachers in Yobe State
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to carry out an assessment of teachers’ motivation and attitude to work among secondary school teachers in Yobe State. The specific objectives of the study are:
1. to determine the relationship between teacher’s motivation and attitude to work among secondary school teachers in Yobe State
2. to find out whether the teachers in most public secondary schools in Yobe State are motivated
3. to examine the whether the teachers in public secondary schools in Yobe State are satisfied with the type of motivation system used by the school
4. to determine the extent to which teachers’ motivation influenced the attitude of secondary school teachers to work in Yobe State
5. to investigate on the factors affecting teachers motivation among secondary school teachers in Yobe State
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study came up with research questions so as to ascertain the above stated objectives of the study. The research questions for the study are:
1. What is the relationship between teacher’s motivation and attitude to work among secondary school teachers in Yobe State?
2. Are the teachers in most public secondary schools in Yobe State motivated?
3. Are the teachers in public secondary schools in Yobe State satisfied with the type of motivation system used by the school?
4. To what extent does teachers’ motivation influence the attitude of secondary school teachers to work in Yobe State?
5. What are the factors affecting teachers motivation among secondary school teachers in Yobe State?
1.5 STATEMENT OF THE HYPOTHESIS
H0: there is no significant relationship between teacher’s motivation and attitude to work among secondary school teachers in Yobe State
H1: there is significant relationship between teacher’s motivation and attitude to work among secondary school teachers in Yobe State
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on an assessment of teachers’ motivation and attitude to work among secondary school teachers will be of immense benefit to the entire public secondary schools in Yobe State in such a way that it will determine the relationship between teachers’ motivation and attitude to work. It will provide for an opportunity for enhancing job performance by understanding motivation determinant and actions involved in them so as to improve performance. The study will also service as a repository of information to other researchers that desire to carry out similar research on the teachers’ motivation and attitude to work among secondary school teachers.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study on an assessment of teachers’ motivation and attitude to work among secondary school teachers will consider three (3) public schools (Army secondary school, government Girls College and government secondary school) in Yobe State. The study will cover on the relationship between teachers’ motivation and attitude to work
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Motivation: The process of including or causing someone to behave in the most desired way in the aid of certain incentives.
Performance: This is the way in which something react under certain condition of fulfils the purpose for which it was intended.
Remuneration: This is the monetary compensation an employee receives of work done, condition of service, this is both the monetary and non-monetary compensation given to an employee.
Satisfaction: This is a feeling of happiness or pleasure because you have achieved something or get what you want.
Productivity: Is the rate at which goods are produce and the amount produce compared with the work, time and money needed to produce them
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN THE TEACHING OF READING IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This project work was undertaken to survey the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of English Language in some selected sec...Continue Reading »
47 pages | 178 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. THE EFFECT OF MARITAL INSTABILITY ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study This study is designed not only to impact broad based knowledge to marital homes but also to tack...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 495 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Continuous assessment is one of the new concepts introduced in the Nigeria educational system with th...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 200 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Learning can occur as a result of newly acquired skill, knowledge, perception, facts, principles,...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 65 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. EFFECT OF GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS ON SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN HYBRIDIZATION IN CHEMISTRY IN NSIT IBOM LOCAL GOVERNMENT ARE...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi List of tables x List ...Continue Reading »
106 pages | 96 hits | Source: EDUCATION
6. EXTENT OF THE USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF INTEGRATED SCIENCE AND COMPUTER SCIENCE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In teaching, it is highly desirable to know exactly what one aims to achieve as it is in all grea...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 54 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. PROBLEMS MILITATING AGAINST THE TEACHING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria is a country with about four hundred different languages. Some of these languages are spoken ...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 150 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT The research work focuses on the effects of water pollution in Abudu, Orhionmwon Local Government Area of Edo State. The effects of water pol...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 157 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES OF E-LEARNING IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY EDUCATION USING NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA AKURE STUDY CENTER» 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY E learning refers to the use of ICTs i.e. Information and Communication Technology to enhance and support teaching and lea...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 389 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Career development for most people is a lifelong process of engaging the work world through choos...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 165 hits | Source: EDUCATION