Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 72 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Nigeria is a country blessed with various ethnic groups but the issue of violence has eaten into the fabrics of the wheels of socio-economic developments. Among the noticed violence in Nigeria, the Boko haram insurgency is the most worrisome. The federal government of Nigeria through the Nigeria military has put in so much effect in the control of crises in Nigeria.
Several methods have been applied but the study will focus on the importance of information management in the control and management of these crises in Nigeria.
Information has been described by Laudon and Laudon (2010) as data that have been processed into meaningful and useful form. Earlier on, Pijpers (2009) described information as intangible and abstract, existing only through human perception and assessments, Pijpers added that information is the only resource of organizations which is self-multiplicative and does not lose its value upon exchange. Pijpers views suggest that in effect, information is expandable, while its free flow maximizes its use. The implication is that when data, raw facts and figures are transformed they assume features that are unique and useful in the life of organisations. Accordingly, Dorr et al. (2013) argued that information is one of the world’s most important resources since it is needed to solve problems and make decisions affecting both the present and the future.
The usefulness of information as a resource is seen in the various roles that it plays in achieving organisational objectives. Researchers, including Adams (2006) and AlMobaideen et al. (2013) have also indicated that information provides the relevant intelligence, and serves as a valuable business resource, by providing knowledge that helps to reduce uncertainty in decision making, and consequently, aids planning and evaluation, while serving as means of communication, motivation and learning (Saloojee et al., 2007; Laudon and Laudon, 2010). These writers maintain that information corrects or confirms previous information and has surprise value in that it tells something the receiver did not know or could not predict, and it has value in the decision-making process in that it changes the probabilities attached to expected outcomes in a decision-making.
The Nigeria arm forces among other sectors seem to need the efficient and effective information management mechanism more than other sectors.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Nigeria is still grappling with the fast rate of development of information management systems, but the national policy on ICT had been put in place to steer its development. Despite the fact that the NA rely on communication for its routine, logistic, administrative, and operational activities, the ICT infrastructure and Knowledge through which it can be achieve is inadequate. Take a look at the Nigeria army in her quest to perfect operation lafiya Dole in the areas where crises are much. Some of the limitation in the actualization of crises management could be as a result of poor information management policy. It could be lack of fund or government policy. Finally there have been series of study on information management but not even a single study has been carried out on the importance of information management in Nigeria using operation lafiya Dole in the Nigeria army operations as the case study.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to examine the importance of information management in Nigeria. Other specific objectives of the study are:
1. to determine the effect of information management on the effectiveness of operation lafiya Dole in the Nigeria army operations
2. to investigate on the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations
3. to determine the relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria
4. to examine whether information management used in the management of crises in Nigeria
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study came up with research questions so as to ascertain the above stated objectives of the study. The research questions for the study are:
1. What is the effect of information management on the effectiveness of operation lafiya Dole in the Nigeria army operations?
2. What are the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations?
3. What is the relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria?
4. Does Nigeria army use information management in the management of crises in Nigeria?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: there is no significant relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria
H1: there is significant relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on the importance of information management in Nigeria will be of immense benefit to the entire Nigeria arm forces in the sense that the study will try to relate information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria and also determine the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations. The study will serve as a repository of information to other researchers that desire to carry out similar research on the above topic. The study will finally contribute to the body of the existing literature on the importance of information management
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on the importance of information management in Nigeria is limited to the army operation with focus on operation lafiya Dole. The study will cover on the relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria and also determine the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Information management:Information management is a cycle of processes that support the organization's learning activities: identifying information needs, acquiring information, organizing and storing information, developing information products and services, distributing information, and using information (Choo, 1995).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFLUENCE OF SCHOOL DISCIPLINARY STYLES ON STUDENTS’ SELF-ESTEEM AND INTEREST IN LEARNING IN NSUKKA EDUCATIONAL ZONE OF ENUGU STATE» Abstract The essence of science education is to produce confident, self employable, scientifically, and technically sound men and women. Unfortunately...Continue Reading »
2. AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE EFFECT OF POOR PARENTING ON THE CHILDREN AND THEIR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF THEIR CHILDREN: A CASE STUDY IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERN...» ABSTRACT The main focus of this research work is on the effect of poor parenting on children and their education in Egor Local Government Area of Edo ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The immunization of a new born child is a very important way of preventing illness considering th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Occupation has a serious influence on peoples’ sense, of identity. Withdrawing from it, makes a...Continue Reading »
5. INFLUENCE OF RECREATIONAL FACILITIES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PRIMARY FOUR PUPILS TAUGHT SOCIAL STUDIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The teaching – learning process involves a vast array of interactional processes at the cen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The activities of the home videos has increased overtime in Nigeria; before we go into main topic...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY This work provides the overview of the major underlying causes of secondary school dropout and its ef...Continue Reading »
8. KNOWLEDGE AND AWARENESS OF RADIATION EXPOSURE AND SAFETY PRACTICE AMONG PATIENTS UNDERGOING MEDICAL IMAGING IN 3 SELECTED HOSPITALS IN THE F.C.T» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The use X rays in imaging modalities such as Computed Tomography (CT scans) and mammography to di...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF TWO TEACHING METHODS ON PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE (CASE STUDY OF AJEROMI IFELUNDU LOCAL GOVT AR...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Poor academic performance according to Aremu (2003) is a performance that is adjudged by the exam...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The word “virginity” first appeared in the 13th century, most frequently in reference to a y...Continue Reading »