Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 72 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Nigeria is a country blessed with various ethnic groups but the issue of violence has eaten into the fabrics of the wheels of socio-economic developments. Among the noticed violence in Nigeria, the Boko haram insurgency is the most worrisome. The federal government of Nigeria through the Nigeria military has put in so much effect in the control of crises in Nigeria.
Several methods have been applied but the study will focus on the importance of information management in the control and management of these crises in Nigeria.
Information has been described by Laudon and Laudon (2010) as data that have been processed into meaningful and useful form. Earlier on, Pijpers (2009) described information as intangible and abstract, existing only through human perception and assessments, Pijpers added that information is the only resource of organizations which is self-multiplicative and does not lose its value upon exchange. Pijpers views suggest that in effect, information is expandable, while its free flow maximizes its use. The implication is that when data, raw facts and figures are transformed they assume features that are unique and useful in the life of organisations. Accordingly, Dorr et al. (2013) argued that information is one of the world’s most important resources since it is needed to solve problems and make decisions affecting both the present and the future.
The usefulness of information as a resource is seen in the various roles that it plays in achieving organisational objectives. Researchers, including Adams (2006) and AlMobaideen et al. (2013) have also indicated that information provides the relevant intelligence, and serves as a valuable business resource, by providing knowledge that helps to reduce uncertainty in decision making, and consequently, aids planning and evaluation, while serving as means of communication, motivation and learning (Saloojee et al., 2007; Laudon and Laudon, 2010). These writers maintain that information corrects or confirms previous information and has surprise value in that it tells something the receiver did not know or could not predict, and it has value in the decision-making process in that it changes the probabilities attached to expected outcomes in a decision-making.
The Nigeria arm forces among other sectors seem to need the efficient and effective information management mechanism more than other sectors.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Nigeria is still grappling with the fast rate of development of information management systems, but the national policy on ICT had been put in place to steer its development. Despite the fact that the NA rely on communication for its routine, logistic, administrative, and operational activities, the ICT infrastructure and Knowledge through which it can be achieve is inadequate. Take a look at the Nigeria army in her quest to perfect operation lafiya Dole in the areas where crises are much. Some of the limitation in the actualization of crises management could be as a result of poor information management policy. It could be lack of fund or government policy. Finally there have been series of study on information management but not even a single study has been carried out on the importance of information management in Nigeria using operation lafiya Dole in the Nigeria army operations as the case study.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to examine the importance of information management in Nigeria. Other specific objectives of the study are:
1. to determine the effect of information management on the effectiveness of operation lafiya Dole in the Nigeria army operations
2. to investigate on the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations
3. to determine the relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria
4. to examine whether information management used in the management of crises in Nigeria
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study came up with research questions so as to ascertain the above stated objectives of the study. The research questions for the study are:
1. What is the effect of information management on the effectiveness of operation lafiya Dole in the Nigeria army operations?
2. What are the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations?
3. What is the relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria?
4. Does Nigeria army use information management in the management of crises in Nigeria?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: there is no significant relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria
H1: there is significant relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on the importance of information management in Nigeria will be of immense benefit to the entire Nigeria arm forces in the sense that the study will try to relate information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria and also determine the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations. The study will serve as a repository of information to other researchers that desire to carry out similar research on the above topic. The study will finally contribute to the body of the existing literature on the importance of information management
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on the importance of information management in Nigeria is limited to the army operation with focus on operation lafiya Dole. The study will cover on the relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria and also determine the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Information management:Information management is a cycle of processes that support the organization's learning activities: identifying information needs, acquiring information, organizing and storing information, developing information products and services, distributing information, and using information (Choo, 1995).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Juvenile delinquency, a social problem worldwide has been increasing drastically to the level of ...Continue Reading »
2. THE INFLUENCE OF TEACHING METHODS ON SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN FINE ARTS IN NIGERIA(A CASE STUDY OF J.SS.3 STUDENTS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The primary purpose of teaching at any level of education is to bring a fundamental change in the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project was basically carried out to investigate, analyze and ameliorate the roles of principals of secondary school in Kebbi State. Fro...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research assessed guidance and counseling service in Abubakar Gumi College, Sabo Kaduna. Efforts were made to assess the conditions the ...Continue Reading »
5. ATTITUDES OF TEACHERS TOWARDS THE USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL IN THE EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF INTEGRATED SCIENCE EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SC...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The influence of instructional materials in promoting students’ teaching and learning i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Teaching is a very complex activity that is affected by the subject matter, the time available, t...Continue Reading »
7. THE CAUSES AND EFFECT OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY AMONG SECODNARY SCHOOLS: A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This research work is carried out to find out the causes of teenage pregnancy among secondary school students in Ovia North East local govern...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this research work was to assess the effects of stress on the academic performance of students using the Faculty of Educa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Deviant behaviour can be defined as not keeping to the rules or norms of the society, or the scho...Continue Reading »
» Project Abstract The consequences of drug abuse and alcoholism placed great burden on Nigerian society as it affected the economy, the health care sys...Continue Reading »