Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 72 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Nigeria is a country blessed with various ethnic groups but the issue of violence has eaten into the fabrics of the wheels of socio-economic developments. Among the noticed violence in Nigeria, the Boko haram insurgency is the most worrisome. The federal government of Nigeria through the Nigeria military has put in so much effect in the control of crises in Nigeria.
Several methods have been applied but the study will focus on the importance of information management in the control and management of these crises in Nigeria.
Information has been described by Laudon and Laudon (2010) as data that have been processed into meaningful and useful form. Earlier on, Pijpers (2009) described information as intangible and abstract, existing only through human perception and assessments, Pijpers added that information is the only resource of organizations which is self-multiplicative and does not lose its value upon exchange. Pijpers views suggest that in effect, information is expandable, while its free flow maximizes its use. The implication is that when data, raw facts and figures are transformed they assume features that are unique and useful in the life of organisations. Accordingly, Dorr et al. (2013) argued that information is one of the world’s most important resources since it is needed to solve problems and make decisions affecting both the present and the future.
The usefulness of information as a resource is seen in the various roles that it plays in achieving organisational objectives. Researchers, including Adams (2006) and AlMobaideen et al. (2013) have also indicated that information provides the relevant intelligence, and serves as a valuable business resource, by providing knowledge that helps to reduce uncertainty in decision making, and consequently, aids planning and evaluation, while serving as means of communication, motivation and learning (Saloojee et al., 2007; Laudon and Laudon, 2010). These writers maintain that information corrects or confirms previous information and has surprise value in that it tells something the receiver did not know or could not predict, and it has value in the decision-making process in that it changes the probabilities attached to expected outcomes in a decision-making.
The Nigeria arm forces among other sectors seem to need the efficient and effective information management mechanism more than other sectors.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Nigeria is still grappling with the fast rate of development of information management systems, but the national policy on ICT had been put in place to steer its development. Despite the fact that the NA rely on communication for its routine, logistic, administrative, and operational activities, the ICT infrastructure and Knowledge through which it can be achieve is inadequate. Take a look at the Nigeria army in her quest to perfect operation lafiya Dole in the areas where crises are much. Some of the limitation in the actualization of crises management could be as a result of poor information management policy. It could be lack of fund or government policy. Finally there have been series of study on information management but not even a single study has been carried out on the importance of information management in Nigeria using operation lafiya Dole in the Nigeria army operations as the case study.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to examine the importance of information management in Nigeria. Other specific objectives of the study are:
1. to determine the effect of information management on the effectiveness of operation lafiya Dole in the Nigeria army operations
2. to investigate on the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations
3. to determine the relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria
4. to examine whether information management used in the management of crises in Nigeria
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study came up with research questions so as to ascertain the above stated objectives of the study. The research questions for the study are:
1. What is the effect of information management on the effectiveness of operation lafiya Dole in the Nigeria army operations?
2. What are the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations?
3. What is the relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria?
4. Does Nigeria army use information management in the management of crises in Nigeria?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: there is no significant relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria
H1: there is significant relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on the importance of information management in Nigeria will be of immense benefit to the entire Nigeria arm forces in the sense that the study will try to relate information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria and also determine the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations. The study will serve as a repository of information to other researchers that desire to carry out similar research on the above topic. The study will finally contribute to the body of the existing literature on the importance of information management
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on the importance of information management in Nigeria is limited to the army operation with focus on operation lafiya Dole. The study will cover on the relationship between information management in operation lafiya Dole and fight against insurgencies in Nigeria and also determine the factors affecting information management in the Nigeria army operations
1.8 LIMITATION OF STUDY
Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Information management:Information management is a cycle of processes that support the organization's learning activities: identifying information needs, acquiring information, organizing and storing information, developing information products and services, distributing information, and using information (Choo, 1995).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT POOR PERFORMANCE IN ACCOUNTING (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Accounting has been generically referred to as the language of business. It is an aid to trade and one of the foundations on ...Continue Reading »
2. THE NEED FOR AN EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM I TEACHING AND LEARNING (E-LEARNING) A case study of Emmanuel College Owerri» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY According to DfES e Learning Strategy Unit(2003),e Learning exploits interactive technologies and...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the last two decades higher education institutions have invested heavily in information an...Continue Reading »
4. LEVEL OF COMPETENCE POSSESSE BY JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF SOCIAL STUDIES SUBJECT FOR EFFECTIVE SERVICE DELIVERY...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The origin of the word “education”, like most English words, is traced to a Latin word &l...Continue Reading »
5. EXAMINING THE INFLUENCE OF USE OF SCHOOL LIBRARIES IN PROMOTING READING CULTURE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN RIVERS STATE» The function of reading in the development of human life and his society cannot be overemphasized as it adds quality to life and is a pathway to the f...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT ON THE UTILIZATION OF AUDIO VISUAL MATERIALS IN TEACHING BASIC TECHNOLOGY IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
7. A CRITICAL ANAYSIS OF THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF MASS FAILURE IN MATHEMATICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS (A CASE STUDY OF UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» 1.0 INTRODUCTION In recent years, student academic achievement in senior secondary school certificate examination mathematics. The word “Mathema...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background This chapter articulates the background of the study in to four perspectives, namely: the historical, theoreti...Continue Reading »
9. POSSIBILITIES OF DEVELOPING THE POTENTIAL GIFTED AND TALENTED CHILD IN NIGERIA AND THE WAY FORWARD IN SOME SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA SOUTH LO...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Gifted and talented children are the hinges and future hopes of any human society. They are like ...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT OF TEACHING PRACTICES ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF QUALITY TEACHERS AND SOUND STUDENTS A CASE STUDY OF POLICE CHILDREN SCHOOL, WULARI» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The need for competent and well trained teachers, astute in both content knowledge and general pe...Continue Reading »