Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 61 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Sort Code, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is a term used to describe technologies in manipulating and communicating information. As telecommunication systems have evolved, they have increasingly used computing technology in switching nodes and then in non-switching nodes supporting services. With mobile telecommunications, the amount of information processing required to manage mobility and services has increased enormously and this has resulted in a tremendous increase in computer communications within the telecommunications environment.
The parallel emergence of computer communications in science and business, the enormous increase in the capabilities and numbers of personal computers and the extraordinary changes brought about by the Internet have driven a merging of computing technology and telecommunications as the two areas have moved from analog to digital and then to packet technologies, and as the Internet has emerged to become the dominant data communications system in use today, whether as the “public Internet” or “managed Internet.”
What started as a circuit-switched voice network has evolved to a packet switched data network. Initially, data was handled by making it look like voice (modems.) Now voice is handled by making it look like data (Voice over IP or VoIP.) While voice remains the dominant revenue generator, the shift to VoIP brings major challenges to telecommunications operators as they manage the enormous shifts taking place in the nature and volume of traffic they carry on their networks.
ICT capabilities vary widely. In developed countries, they are widespread and sophisticated, while in developing countries, they may be less available and offer less capacity. Developing countries are catching up quickly by leapfrogging older generations of technology as well as creating solutions that suit the needs of their user communities. In some cases, the lack of a legacy infrastructure makes rapid modernization easier.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Cooking a delicious food is a tedious and complex task, the combinations of ingredients of several tastes, weight, and forms is usually a herculean task for various Chefs. One of the major problems of this study is to tackle the problems of selecting a choice of what to cook, also the problem of arranging a complete set of ingredients for cooking a specific meal without forgetting any one of the ingredients, and also to teach how to cook a specific meal in a step by step manner within a specific time and with little or no stress.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The main objective of this study is to develop an ICT assisted menu directorate system, whereby someone could be able to choose a meal, get the list of ingredients to cook the meal and follow a step by step help in order to cook the meal. In the other hand, it will also consist of a food time table, where certain meal will be designated for a certain time.
1.4 Scope of the Study
This research work is designed to enable chefs and even a lay man to cook a described meal, with the aid of a step by step directory and also gives the ingredients needed in cooking the specified or chosen meal, within a specific time.
1.5 Limitations of the Study
During the design of this project work, much finance was required and owing to the financial meltdown globally, the research was limited by finance and hence concentrated on the available materials within the locality. Another limitation was time, the time given for the project work was limited and there are other works for me on campus thus limiting the scope of the study to the available time.
1.6 Significance of the Study
In view of the rapid development of computer technology in virtually all fields of operation and its use in relation to information management, it has become important to look into the development of a menu directory for cooking various meals:
(a) List various meals, both European and African dishes.
(b) Safeguard data and information in the system.
(c) Avoid the omission of cooking ingredients.
(d) Keep accurate record of every meal.
(e) Allocate a specific time to a certain meal
(f) Provide a food time table.
1.7 Project Report Organization
This project was covered under five stages:
CHAPTER 1; Deals with the introduction. The background of the project is discussed. The objectives of the project, its significance, scope, and constraints are pointed out.
CHAPTER 2; This chapter is a Review of the evolution of ICT and food applications.
CHAPTER 3; Discusses system Investigation and Analysis. It deals with detailed investigation and analysis of the existing system and problem identification.
CHAPTER 4; Treats the system design and implementation
CHAPTER 5; The summary and conclusion of the project are finally treated in this chapter.
1.8 Definition of Terms
ICT: Information and communication technology
Information System: It is a collection of procedures, people, instructions and equipment to produce information in a useful form
Technology: It is study of techniques or process of mobilizing resources (such as information) for accomplishing objectives that benefit man and his environment
Computer Network: is a system that connects two or more computers together using a communication link.
Databases: A systematically arranged collection of computer data, structured so that it can be automatically retrieved or manipulated. It is also called databank.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED PURCHASING INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SHOP AND SAVE SUPERMARKET, UYO)» ABSTRACT In almost all business area purchasing information system has been indispensable. The operation of this system has over decade been practiced...Continue Reading »
2. ANALYSIS OF SINGLE AND MULTI-TELLER MODELS OR USING SIMULATION FOR REDUCING WAITING TIME: A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK AND ECO BANK, NIG. LTD» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION This chapter discusses the introductory part of the thesis. It includes the background of the study, research motivat...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYLottery system is a very wide field of study and can be classified in so many ways such as the U....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTMost marketing, production, and manufacturing firms have the basic problem of information flow between the various departments within the orga...Continue Reading »
5. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Comparative analysis is an over view means of examining two or more things to discover the differ...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED POINT OF SALES SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SHOPRITE ENUGU)» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Approval page ii Dedication iii Acknowledgment iv Abstract v Table of contents vi CHAPTER ONE 1. INTRODUCTION 1. Backgro...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out in order to find the relevance of Information and Communication Technologies in modern office. The secretary who i...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN AUTOMATED INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Inventory management and asset tracking need to record all the durable assets of an institute. Many organizations, i.e. c...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Computer Software Based online clearance system is an internet base research work that will help build an effective information management fo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION Web Design is a process of conceptualization, planning, modelling, and execution of electronic me...Continue Reading »