Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The internet stands for international network; it is a huge web of network system connecting million of people all over the world. In fact, internet is a network of network system; it is a global (world) network service. It was conceived by the United States government in 1969 and was first known as ARPANENT. The aim was to create a network that would allow users of a research computer at one university to be able to “talk to” research at the other universities. The benefits of Arpanet design was that, it could manage to routed and rerouted in more than one direction, the network could continue function even if part of it were destroyed in the event of attack or other disaster internet entered Nigeria in October 1996. As at February 1997, about seven internet service provider had been granted license by the federal ministry of communication to operate in the country. These days, the society cannot do without internet, e-mail popularly called electronic mail has almost replaced the post office mail. Companies use the internet to distribute their Computer software, and products thus reducing costs. Students register for external examinations and get result through internet .Internet assists users in solving problem by reacting to and debating each other’s ideas. Job seekers can access the internet to check available vacancies with the corresponding names and addresses of such companies. It is versatile, accurate information retrieval and above all user friendly. Internet café is a place where people can go to use the internet. This is not any kind of online thing. It is a physical place where people can physically go and use the net. Internet café could be a bar, a restaurant. It could be a place creates for such purpose like FEDERAL COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE ISHIAGU. The key is that it is a place where people can have access to internet in a social atmosphere for those who do not have it elsewhere. Frequently internet café have train and help a new user to surf the net. This is important because, it became possible for people who were not technically trained to access and use the resources available on the net. But still, they had to be technical enough to get access to the internet in the first place. There was need for a reliable and accurate method of billing in which internet user are charged according hence for the purpose of this work. The work is aimed at introducing a reliable computerized billing system, which will eliminate the ills associated with the present. The computer is targeted interface for a database system is used to establish an avenue whereby internet user’s data are in putted into the computer and it takes accurate time and changes such user for time spent on a computer. The ability of the computer to handle a large volume of data at high speed of processing and higher degree of accuracy has invariably made it the best tool for achieving this task.
1.2 Background of the Study
Federal College of Agriculture Ishiagu is located at Ivo Local Government Area in Ebonyi state to carter for the problem of information technology of this age. Federal College of Agriculture Ishiagu has for functional units, namely supply of all type of computer, internet café, repairs and maintenance with qualified staff.
1.3 Statement of the Problem
There are problem associated and uncounted in the current of billing system. these include.
a) Regular failure of the billing system
b) Low security system
c) Regular Failure of using network
d) Unaccountability of total memory collected as many staff sells ticket.
1.4 Objectives of the Study
The objective of this project is to design a computer based application that is efficient and effective in achieving the goals of internet café billing system.
Scope and Limitation
The scope of this study is limited to internet café billing system as it exists at Federal College of Agriculture Ishiagu the application is able to input the computer’s data and you have the expected output. This study would have gone beyond this scope if not some limitation such as. Time which was due to limited time given to me there could not be further investigation about Federal College of Agriculture Ishiagu.
Implementation of the Study
Some importance of this project work is as follows;
a) To enhance file security be strong data into the computer and restricting access to it
b) To eradicate loss of money encountered in the old system.
c) To motivate future researchers to go deeper into internet café billing system.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
COMPUTER: This is an electro-mechanical device that process data capable of storing, retrieving and with a very fast speed.
USER: This is a person who enters the cyber café to browse the net which the user gets information needed.
INTERENT: This is a network of networks system it is a global network services.
INTERENT CAFÉ: This is a place where people can go and gets or deliver information by the use of the internet.
SERVER: This is the computer which controls or supplies information to several computers connected to the network or computer that carries out task for other computer on the network.
BILLING: This is the process of preparing of invoices to charge users for their utilization of a communication system includes procedures for measuring their use of the network.
SYSTEM: This is a collection of organized set of computers, element and activities established to accomplish certain goals and objectives.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SPRINGLIGHT TECHNOLOGY, UYO)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION Project management establishments like Springlight Technology, Treasure property& project manage...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 214 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A SOCIAL MEDIA BASED WEB APPLICATION FOR PROSPECTIVE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS (A Case Study of Covenant University)» ABSTRACT The internet has been a platform for individuals, groups of people and companies to interact with one another through the social media. The s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UYO CITY POLYTECHNIC, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is widely believed that all tests will one day be delivered on a computer of some sort (Bennet...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 946 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF DIGITAL LIBRARY SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF IBOM E-LIBRARY, OFF IBB WAY, UYO)» ABSTRACT As we adapt to the trend in information and communication technology which is affecting every sector of our economic life, our educational sy...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 151 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
6. Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Cargo Transportation Management System (A Case Study Of Super Maritime Shipping Agency Lagos)» Abstract This project was out of the necessity to address the inherent problems encountered by members of staff of super maritime shipping Agency and ...Continue Reading »
47 pages | 279 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Title page Ap...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 326 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» LIST OF TABLES Analysis of sex in demographic data presentation and results. Analysis of marital status Table 3: Analysis of occupation of respondents...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 220 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Wireless networks provide communications to fixed, portable and mobile users and offer substantial flexibility to both end users and service ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 115 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This project is directly towards business, governmental, or educational institution that needs to implement a quality server. While this topi...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 293 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE