Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 135 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
The use of Internet of thing (IOT) has increased overtime with the advancement in the level of technology. Internet of Things is a new revolution of the Internet. Objects make themselves recognizable and they obtain intelligence by making or enabling context related decisions thanks to the fact that they can communicate information about themselves. They can access information that has been aggregated by other things, or they can be components of complex services. This transformation is concomitant with the emergence of cloud computing capabilities and the transition of the Internet towards IPv6 with an almost unlimited addressing capacity.
New types of applications can involve the electric vehicle and the smart house, in which appliances and services that provide notifications, security, energy-saving, automation, telecommunication, computers and entertainment are integrated into a single ecosystem with a shared user interface. Obviously, not everything will be in place straight away.
Developing the technology in Europe right now demonstrating, testing and deploying products it will be much nearer to implementing smart environments by 2020.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
The More and more protocols are being added for the Internet of Things (IoT) as large vendors address the deficiencies of their products. These higher level IoT protocols are suitable for a broad range of applications. For example, MQTT has been used for many years to manage messaging between server applications and has now been updated to address secure small client usage. DDNS has been used to provide browser access to web devices and CoAP has been extended with other protocols to provide security management and more robust operation. All of these protocols can be used for managing and configuring a plethora of home devices. A deeper understanding of these protocols, their security and configuration options and the applications requirements is required to properly select the best protocol for the application at hand.
Knowing the correct protocol or set of protocols for a given application which cover the communication, security, management and scalability is the first design consideration. After this, the best implementation of each of the protocols must be understood. From this understanding, the designer can select the optimal implementation of each protocol for the system and then from these, select the best set of protocol implementations for the system. This decision will be impacted by requirements decisions related to the supporting hardware which has been selected.
The protocol set selection problem is closely tied to the implementation of the protocol, hardware requirements specifications and the additional hardware and software components that support the protocol set. This makes the decision a very complex one. All aspects of deployment, operation, management and security must be considered as part of the protocol selection including the implementation environment and must be done within the requirements specifications.
For the IoT protocol space, standards are not yet converged for particular applications and the market ultimately decides which of these standards are most relevant. This is a problem and an opportunity. The protocol that is selected today may become obsolete in the future and may need to be replaced. Conversely, the protocol selected today could become the standard in the future. As a developer, predicting the converged protocol is usually the prudent path but implementation costs and risk must always be considered. Also using specific features of the hardware and operating system to implement the protocols and then using specific protocol, operating system and hardware features for application implementation can make future migration to a new protocol or porting the application to a completely new environment very difficult
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to design and implement a system for the use of internet of things (IOT). Other specific objectives of the study include:
1. To discuss the automation processes for the use of internet of things
2. To examine wireless sensor networks integrated with internet of things
3. To examine the existing wireless sensor network architectures for automation processes
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
The study came up with research questions so as to be able to ascertain the above stated objectives. The research questions for the study are stated below as follows:
1. What are the automation processes for the use of internet of things?
2. What is the relationship between wireless sensor networks integrated with internet of things
3. What are the roles of the existing wireless sensor network architectures for automation processes?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study will be of immense benefit to the computer science department, the federal government of Nigeria and other researchers that wish to carry out similar research on the above stated topic as the study will discuss the automation processes for the use of internet of things, to examine the existing wireless sensor network architectures for automation processes. Finally the study will contribute to the body of the existing literature on the above topic
1.6 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on design and implementation on the use of I0T will cover the areas of the automation processes for the use of internet of things and existing wireless sensor network architectures for automation processes
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Database Management System (DBMS): is software that enables you store, modify, and extract information on a database.
MySQL: MYSQL is a relational database management system written in C and C++ that runs as a server providing multi user access to a number of databases.
PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor is a scripting language originally designed for producing dynamic web pages.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In the past, security was simply a matter of locking the door or storing files in a locked filing cabinet or safe. Today,...Continue Reading »
2. LIBRARY AUTOMATION OF SCHOOL OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY LIBRARY, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA, NIGER STATE» ABSTRACT Libraries play a vital role in the educational, industrial and technological progress of a country, of which it role is to achieve a free flo...Continue Reading »
3. THE RELEVANCE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN THE MANAGEMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISE IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The The dynamic role of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in developing countries as engines th...Continue Reading »
» Introduction The essence for one going to school is for better survival tomorrow wherein becoming what he or she is capable of becoming what he or she...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1 1.0 Introduction A loan is an amount of money given to an individual or institution on the condition that it will be paid back over a given ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study An expert system is a software system that attempts to reproduce the performance of one or more human...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The project work is aimed at revealing the benefits of computerization in the promotion process of the local government system, especially as...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project work which is conducted to meet the stipulation of the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) for the award of National Di...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB-BASED STUDENT COMPLAINT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The computer has become widely accepted as an assistant that is exceptionally competent and well defined. Now researchers hav...Continue Reading »
10. problems militating against teaching and learning of Computer studies in Junior Secondary Schools. A case study of some selected schools in Kaduna Sou...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction Education is the best legacy a nation can give to her citizens. It is generally believed that the basis for any true deve...Continue Reading »