Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 0 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Sort Code, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
A student information system (SIS) is software application for education establishments to manage student data. Also known as student information management system (SIMS), student records system (SRS), student management system (SMS), campus management system (CMS) or school management system (SMS). The SIS is equivalent to an Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP system for a cooperate customer. As such, many of the issue with ERP system selection Methodology, implementation, and operation of an ERP system apply too. Student information system (SIS) is also a computer- based application software designed to introduced a conducive and structured information exchange environment for integrating students, parent, teachers and administration of a school or college. Some of the other software packages available for this purpose include student management system (SMS), student information management system (SIMS) and student record system (SRS). These software system enable educational institutions to surprise student- related activities such as Keeping records of tests or examination conducted, attendance, appraisal on performance including details of mark scored, particular of everyday school attendance, and all other institution- related activities? In short, they provide a complete student records system. They are designed with diverse application potential ranging from simple management of students? Records at school to manage of all student- related functions as well as administrative functions of a university or a chain of educational establishments.
1.1 Theoretical Background
Today, it is believed that the application of computer technology in any activity would go along way in making activity much easer. To the research this statement remains theory until proven otherwise by the implementation of computerized student’s information tracking system. It is also believed that the benefits and advantages of using computer is more significant than that of the manual methods. This also wants to be proven beyond doubt by the researcher through the implementation of the system.
1.2 Statements of the Problems
In much higher learning school in the country, they do have data bank that contain all information of every students who are learning in the school. In the case of conflict that do happen in many schools, for the management to fetch out the culprit cause the management a lot of time and resources. Through the implement at of the new system, it seeks to provide a reliable storage that will contain every information that concern both students and their guardian incase of investigation. It would also solve the problem of mass absence from the class during lecture by keeping the records of students who are in the class day by day.
1.3. Aim and Objective(s) of the Study
The project is aimed at developing student information tracking system with improved performance over that of the current to ensure that the problem of the current system are properly analyzed and a solution to such problems incorporated in the new system.
Student information system must meet the following objectives:
- Enable self-service for students to perform basic administration functions and tasks in a “one – stop” service and access environment.
- Integrate data sources and process them through a single function that supports one-time entry of student data.
- Support the retention and recruitment of students and encourage a strong and positive relationship with the university, alumni, donors, and other constituencies.
- Integrate and support new learning and teaching opportunities and technologies for students and faculty.
1.4 Significant of the Study
The use of student information system has the significance effect and this can be enumerated as follows:
- To help the school to know the pedigree of all the student admitted into the school.
- To create a storage of large volume of data on school records.
- To assist the school management for easily identification of students.
- To prevents students to involve themselves any havoc happening in the school because of the fear tracking them.
1.5 Scope of the Study
This project is aimed at how the institute can improve the efficiency of the services. Student information tracking system is one the application involves almost all the features of the information system? The futures implementation will be online help for users to obtain information.
1.6 Organization of the Research
This project is divided into five chapter one gives a generation introduction, theoretical background, statement of the problem, aim and objective (s) of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, organization of the research and definition of the terms.
Chapter two handles introduction, literature review highlighting basic concepts.
Chapter three is deals with system design that handles introduction, research methodology, input/output format, program flowchart.
Chapter four is the system implementation and evaluation phases that handle system design flowchart, choice of programming language, analysis of the modules and implementation.
Chapter five handles introduction, summary, conclusion and recommendation of the research.
1.7. Definition of Terms
Tracking System: It is used for the observing of persons or objects on the more and supplying a timely ordered sequence of respective location data to a model e.g. capable to serve for depicting the motion on a display capability.
Student: A person studying at a university other place of higher education.
Student Information: Is a student-level data collection system that allows the department to collect and analyze more accurate and comprehensive information.
Student: An institution for educating children or any institution at which institution is given in a particular discipline.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION INSIGHT TO ONLINE MARKETPLACE Online Market, commonly known as e commerce or eCommerce, or e business consists of the buying ...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 365 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION There were three fundamentally distinct education systems in Nigeria in 1990: the indigenous system, Quran schools, and f...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 226 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0. Introduction In an educational system, a large amount of data is kept. This data may be students’ data, alumni data, teachers’ da...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN INTERACTIVE ONLINE PLATFORM FOR STUDENTS AND SCHOOL SUPERVISORS TO COMMUNICATE REGULARLY DURING THE STUDENTS IT/SIWES ...» ABSTRACT This study was intended to design and implementation of an interactive online platform for students and school supervisors to communicate reg...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 406 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Electronic voting system (EVS) also known as e voting is a term encompassing several different types of voting embracing both...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 416 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE INDUSTRIAL TRAINING FUND PAYMENT SYSTEM (CASE STUDY: FEDERAL COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE ISHIAGU)» ABSTRACT It is pertinent to say that students are encountering problems in receiving their industrial training allowance. As a computer science studen...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 294 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This project work is aimed at studying the procedure for NYSC posting system for the purpose of automating the system for effectiveness and e...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 257 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The introduction of computer into the information technology has tremendously effect on the information of organizations ...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 157 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO GENERAL LIBRARY)» ABSTRACTLibrary management system is a project which aims in developing a computerized system to maintain all the daily works of library. This project...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 557 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Most rental service firms today still use manual information system because their information needs are of moderate size and ...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 314 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE