Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 0 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Sort Code, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
A student information system (SIS) is software application for education establishments to manage student data. Also known as student information management system (SIMS), student records system (SRS), student management system (SMS), campus management system (CMS) or school management system (SMS). The SIS is equivalent to an Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP system for a cooperate customer. As such, many of the issue with ERP system selection Methodology, implementation, and operation of an ERP system apply too. Student information system (SIS) is also a computer- based application software designed to introduced a conducive and structured information exchange environment for integrating students, parent, teachers and administration of a school or college. Some of the other software packages available for this purpose include student management system (SMS), student information management system (SIMS) and student record system (SRS). These software system enable educational institutions to surprise student- related activities such as Keeping records of tests or examination conducted, attendance, appraisal on performance including details of mark scored, particular of everyday school attendance, and all other institution- related activities? In short, they provide a complete student records system. They are designed with diverse application potential ranging from simple management of students? Records at school to manage of all student- related functions as well as administrative functions of a university or a chain of educational establishments.
1.1 Theoretical Background
Today, it is believed that the application of computer technology in any activity would go along way in making activity much easer. To the research this statement remains theory until proven otherwise by the implementation of computerized student’s information tracking system. It is also believed that the benefits and advantages of using computer is more significant than that of the manual methods. This also wants to be proven beyond doubt by the researcher through the implementation of the system.
1.2 Statements of the Problems
In much higher learning school in the country, they do have data bank that contain all information of every students who are learning in the school. In the case of conflict that do happen in many schools, for the management to fetch out the culprit cause the management a lot of time and resources. Through the implement at of the new system, it seeks to provide a reliable storage that will contain every information that concern both students and their guardian incase of investigation. It would also solve the problem of mass absence from the class during lecture by keeping the records of students who are in the class day by day.
1.3. Aim and Objective(s) of the Study
The project is aimed at developing student information tracking system with improved performance over that of the current to ensure that the problem of the current system are properly analyzed and a solution to such problems incorporated in the new system.
Student information system must meet the following objectives:
- Enable self-service for students to perform basic administration functions and tasks in a “one – stop” service and access environment.
- Integrate data sources and process them through a single function that supports one-time entry of student data.
- Support the retention and recruitment of students and encourage a strong and positive relationship with the university, alumni, donors, and other constituencies.
- Integrate and support new learning and teaching opportunities and technologies for students and faculty.
1.4 Significant of the Study
The use of student information system has the significance effect and this can be enumerated as follows:
- To help the school to know the pedigree of all the student admitted into the school.
- To create a storage of large volume of data on school records.
- To assist the school management for easily identification of students.
- To prevents students to involve themselves any havoc happening in the school because of the fear tracking them.
1.5 Scope of the Study
This project is aimed at how the institute can improve the efficiency of the services. Student information tracking system is one the application involves almost all the features of the information system? The futures implementation will be online help for users to obtain information.
1.6 Organization of the Research
This project is divided into five chapter one gives a generation introduction, theoretical background, statement of the problem, aim and objective (s) of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, organization of the research and definition of the terms.
Chapter two handles introduction, literature review highlighting basic concepts.
Chapter three is deals with system design that handles introduction, research methodology, input/output format, program flowchart.
Chapter four is the system implementation and evaluation phases that handle system design flowchart, choice of programming language, analysis of the modules and implementation.
Chapter five handles introduction, summary, conclusion and recommendation of the research.
1.7. Definition of Terms
Tracking System: It is used for the observing of persons or objects on the more and supplying a timely ordered sequence of respective location data to a model e.g. capable to serve for depicting the motion on a display capability.
Student: A person studying at a university other place of higher education.
Student Information: Is a student-level data collection system that allows the department to collect and analyze more accurate and comprehensive information.
Student: An institution for educating children or any institution at which institution is given in a particular discipline.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» A PROJECT WORK ABSTRACT This study was carried out to design and implement a software system that will automate the processes involved in account mana...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Human computer interaction (commonly referred to as HCI) researches the design and use of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Information technology (IT) is the application of computers and telecommunications equipment to s...Continue Reading »
4. WEB-BASED SYSTEM FOR LAND TITLE APPLICATION (CASE STUDY: NIGER STATE MINISTRY OF LAND AND HOUSING)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Every country, people, communit...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE CINEMA BOOKING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SILVERBIRD CINEMA, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Online cinema booking system is basically made for providing the movie ticket anywhere and anytim...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMMERCIAL VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND TASK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN A CAMPUS» ABSTRACT Commercial vehicle registration is a job that requires accuracy of data and this exercise is required for every new registration. The emergen...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The abstract of the project is now the online help desk information system has eased the general public who wish to make there inquiries, log...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (A CASE STUDY OF CARITAS UNIVERSITY ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION An entrance examination is an examination that many educational institutions use to select students for admission. These ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page Certification page iDedication iiAcknowledgement iii Table of content iv Abstract v CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Introduction 1.2 Backg...Continue Reading »
10. AN EXAMINATION OF THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR THE MARKETING OF PETROLEUM PRODUCTS IN THE DOWNSTREAM SECTOR OF THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Hitherto, to many, the concept of oil and gas was limited to the search for, work and win crude oil. So, for many decades, nations only conce...Continue Reading »