Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This chapter presents the introduction to the research study under the following headings:
Statement of the problem
Aim and objectives of the study
Significance of the study
Scope of the study
Organization of Research
Definition of Terms
1.1 Theoretical Background
The technologies adopted to implement the system are pHp (Hypertext preprocessor) programming language and MySql database. These technologies were chosen because they are well suited for web-based applications. For instance, the source code segment shows how customers table records is created.
S/No Date Item Price per item Quantity Surname Other names Country State Address City E-mail Phone no. Transaction number Credit card no. Freight fee(#) Service charge(#) Total Amount of Item(#) Total Amount Payable(#) Delete_Item
Fig 1.1: Online shopping client record table design view
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The following problems necessitated this research study:
Many supermarkets suffer low patronage because they cannot reach out to customers in distant locations.
Inability to advertise and market products.
Stock of goods may remain for a long time without being sold
Supermarkets do not take advantage of online shopping to promote sales
To overcome these problems, there is need for the development of an online shopping system for supermarket to boost patronage and advertise the goods offered by the supermarket.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study
The aim of the study is to develop an online supermarket shopping system with the following objectives:
To develop a website to aid easy ordering of products offered for sale
To provide a website to advertise and promote the supermarket online
To develop a website that holds a database of needed goods by customers that can be accessed by the management of the supermarket.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of the study are it will provide an easy means of reaching to clients in distant locations, it will provide an alternative channel for the supermarket owner to sell products. The study will also serve as a useful reference material to other scholars seeking related information on the research work
1.5 Scope of the Study
This study covers the design and implementation of an online supermarket shopping system, a case study of Beverly Hills supermarket Ikot Ekpene. It is limited to ordering of products online.
1.6 Organization of the Research
This research work is organized into five chapters.
Chapter one is concerned with the introduction of the research study and it presents the preliminaries, theoretical background, statement of the problem, aim and objectives of the study, significance of the study, scope of the study, organization of the research and definition of terms.
Chapter two focuses on the literature review, the contributions of other scholars on the subject matter is discussed.
Chapter three is concerned with the system analysis and design. It analyzes the present system to identify the problems and provides information on the advantages and disadvantages of the proposed system. The system design is also presented in this chapter.
Chapter four presents the system implementation and documentation. The choice of programming language, analysis of modules, choice of programming language and system requirements for implementation.
Chapter five focuses on the summary, conclusion and recommendations are provided in this chapter based on the study carried out.
1.7 Definition of terms
Online: describes a system which is connected to a larger network or a system that is available or delivered over the Internet.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Online departmental fee management system (ODFMS)is a research work that will help build an effective information management system for Ahmad...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the StudyOnline cinema booking system is basically made for providing the movie ticket anywhere and anytime a...Continue Reading »
3. DEVELOPMENT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM IN THE SERVICE DELIVERY (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In today’s world Development of Management Information System it played a vital role in the service delivery. The area ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY A computer network or data network is a telecommunications network which allows computers to exch...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A UNIVERSITY ELECTRONIC EXAMINATION TIME TABLE (A CASE STUDY OF SCHOOL OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Time table is a structured schedule of an event with time at which they occur, especially tim...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project research was done to build a device that is capable of recording the heart rate of an individual and sending that heart rate to ...Continue Reading »
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM OF COURT PROCEEDINGS (A Case Study Of Federal High Court Enugu State)» ABSTRACTAs the complexity and degress of crimes widen, system using new technology will have to be utilized to aid lawyers etc to fight this tends.Jus...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION One of the most exciting aspects of the information technology revolution is the combining, telecommunications with compu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY One of the great recent advances in the world of information technology is the rapid development ...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN EXPERT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR AUTOMOBILE FAULT DETECTION AND DIAGNOSIS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In present time most households own at least one car. This figure shows that a car is very important to people’s lives ...Continue Reading »