Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Land is a free gift of nature and a factor of production, land tenure is the name given, particularly in common law systems, to the legal regime in which land is owned by an individual, due to the fact that Keeping record of lands and their owners has been a great task to government and the governed, access to land information proves difficult that most times people are defrauded due to lack of land information, illegal sales of lands without the consent of the owner are very common etc. This work ‘Computerized Land information system’ is designed to help keep record of land which includes: the size of the land, Location of the land, the type of houses to be built on such lands, the owners of purchased Lands and so on. Therefore this, software is developed to keep record of land information system. As such making it easy to keep detail information on land size, location, ownership and type of house to be built on the land and also easy accessibility of stored records, hence the record in this software will be stored in a database. I recommend that the ministry of Land and Housing Enugu sees and embraces this work for convenient and efficient way to keep information of land. This application has been developed to run on visual basic 6.0 environment.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Land use, land valuation, is among the oldest questions in economic theory, (Shavell, 2004). Land is an essential input (factor of production) for agriculture, and agriculture is by far the most important economic activity in preindustrial societies. With the advent of industrialization, important new uses for land emerge, as sites for factories, warehouses, offices, and urban agglomerations. Also, the value of real property taking the form of man-made structures and machinery increases relative to the value of land alone. The concept of real property eventually comes to encompass effectively all forms of tangible fixed capital. With the rise of extractive industries, real property comes to encompass natural capital. With the rise of tourism and leisure, real property comes to include scenic and other amenity values.
Starting in the 1960s, as part of the emerging field of law and economics, economists and legal scholars began to study the property rights enjoyed by tenants under the various estates, and the economic benefits and costs of the various estates, (Epstein,2007). This resulted in a much improved understanding of the property rights enjoyed by tenants under the various estates. These include the right to:
a. Decide how a piece of real property is used;
b. Exclude others from enjoying the property;
c. Transfer (alienate) some or all of these rights to others on mutually agreeable terms;
d. Nature and consequences of transaction costs when changing and transferring estates.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
1. Keeping record of lands and their owners has been a great task to government and the governed.
2. Access to land information proves difficult that most times people are defrauded due to lack of land information.
3. Illegal sales of lands without the consent of the owner are very common.
4. Certificate of occupancy is usually a problem. Litigation which results to death and destruction
5. Valuation of land for the purpose of paying tax to government is not achieved. Hence the need for computerization of land information system.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study is to develop a software that will keep information on:
1. Land size, Land location, Land owners, Land use information.
2. To facilitate the preparation of certificate of occupancy.
3. To assist the prospective buyers to ascertain the ownership and availability of the property.
4. To enhance preparation of lease.
5. To forestall land speculation, with its attendant violence, destruction of lives and property.
6. To promote land information security.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this work is to make land information accessible to both government and individuals who may like to acquire land property.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The project work will help in a good number of ways to make land information available to users. The software developed can:
a) Keep a database of all the lands in the state
b) Enable retrieval of land information
c) Guide buyers on how to buy and who to meet
d) Educate buyers on the type of house to build in an area for proper town planning.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work is limited to land information storage and retrieval using ministry of land and housing Enugu as a case study. The software developed will be carried out using Visual Basic to manage the database.
1.6 CONSTRAINTS AND LIMITATIONS
Due to technical difficulties, limited access to confidential data, the information gathered was limited to house acquisition, usage and property ownership laws. All aspects left out were due to time and also confidentiality of some property documents.
1.7 DEFINATION OF TERMS
Databases: A systematically arranged collection of computer data, structured so that it can be automatically retrieved or manipulated. It is also called databank.
Fee tail. Under common law, this is hereditary, non-transferable ownership of real property.
Leasehold or rental. Under both common law and civil law, land may be leased or rented by its owner to another party; a wide range of arrangements are possible, ranging from very short terms to the 99-year leases, allowing various degrees of freedom in the use of the property.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract The major objective of this project or research work is to find out those problems that affect allocation/distribution and marketing of petro...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In the past, security was simply a matter of locking the door or storing files in a locked filing cabinet or safe. Today,...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on the impact of computer in rural area. The total population for the study is 200 selected residents in selected communities i...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Recently, online Social Networking Sites (SNSs) have exploded in popularity. Numerous sites are dedicated to finding and maintaining contacts...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Pension is generally a way of catering for the need of the retiree. It is a form of income provided t...Continue Reading »
6. PREDICTING STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE USING ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK (A CASE STUDY OF COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINN...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the Study Education is an essential factor for improving the socio economic, cultural, and poli...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work identifies the challenges facing police departments that seek to implement computerized crime tracking information systems....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Cloud Computing is a new type of service which provides large scale computing resource to each customer. Cloud Computing systems can be easil...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTTABLE OF CONTENTCHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY1.4 JUSTIFICATION O...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A FIXED ASSET MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNITED AFRICAN COMPANY OF NIGERIA (UACN) DEVELOPMENT COMPA...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Fixed asset management information system is a sub operation in financial accounting that take care of the degeneration of as...Continue Reading »