Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
Punctuality as Thomas Chandler Haliburton(1796 - 1865) said, is the soul of business. Any institution will require its staff to be punctual for it to be a success. Punctuality as a function of time with respect to date is a very essential requirement in every setup, be it small scale or large organization/institution, of which Federal University of Technology, Minna is no exception (Shoewu and Idowu, 2012).
The level of impersonation as well as the ghost worker syndrome in recent times is enormous, in both the private and the public sector, Akinduyite, Adetunmbi, Olabode, and Ibidunmoye (2013). Therefore, there is need for a new system which will wipe out all this enumerated issues. The human body has the privilege of having features that are unique and exclusive to each individual. This exclusiveness and unique characteristic has led to the field of biometrics and its application in ensuring security in various fields. Biometrics has gained popularity and has proved itself to be a reliable mode of ensuring privacy, maintaining security and identifying individuals. Today, the technology is being spotlighted as the authentication method because of the need for reliable security (Arulogun et al, 2013).
A system insusceptible to impersonation, that provide dependable and efficient means of taking staff attendance record with the use biometrics captures to provide perpetrators with the uniqueness of biometrics will help organization/institution keep good and accurate record of their staff punctuality.
1.2 Motivation of Study
Punctuality is one of the most important attribute of a
good professional, this project is motivated by the desire to bring and
enhance professionalism in organizations and institutions.
1.3 Statement of Problem
Traditionally, staff attendance is done by signing in and out in a register which leaves gap for impersonation and staff sometimes record earlier time when they are late.
1.4 Aim and Objectives of Study
This project is aimed at developing a staff attendance system using fingerprint biometrics.
The objective of these project are to:
1. Design a staff attendance system using fingerprint biometric.
2. Implement of the designed system.
3. Test the implemented Staff attendance system.
1.5 Scope and Limitation of Study
This project uses fingerprint biometric for time attendance of Federal University of Technology, Minna to makes the task less burdensome and enhance professionalism in organizations.
This project is limited to the fact that the proposed system doesn’t have a centralized database, which means staff enrollment will have to be done at their work unit. Furthermore, transferred staff details will be copied to the new unit database or re-enroll at new station before the staff can have access to the system.
1.6 Significance of Study
The use of staff attendance system is very important because of human being proneness to error, leaving the staff to write down their names might not be accurate as staff can even write attendance for their fellow staff and their handwriting legibility can be a case when compiling the attendance record at the end of the month.
The official in charge of attendance collation is highly favored by this system because use of pen and paper as a means of collating staff attendance will leave the official in charge with numerous sheet of paper, which will be hectic as he/she have to start comparing several sheet to record the average attendance for just a staff. The official is going to waste a lot of time compiling the attendance percentage at the end of the month, mistake can creep in due to the large volumes of papers
Successful implementation of this project mean the staff attendance credibility can be queried or put to test anytime, and result are produce fast and accuracy, without stress.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED DATA WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR RECORDING ACCIDENT VICTIMS IN NIGERIA» 1.0 INTRODUCTION The dictionary defines accident as “an unexpected and undesirable event, a mishap, unforeseen and without apparent cause. The m...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 339 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Material Procurement can be defined as the purchase of goods or services at a total cost of the optimum possible in the c...Continue Reading »
34 pages | 208 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
3. DESIGN AND COMPUTERIZATION OF AN ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC ENUGU» ABSTRACT Simulation As Scientific process involves careful analysis and initiation of the real life event using an electronic device especially comput...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 300 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. Design And Implementation Of A Computer Based Seaport Billing System (A Case Study Of Nigerian Port Authority Lagos)» AbstractHandling of cargo has been a circular task all these while in our various ports. And Nigerian Ports Authority (N.P.A) being an organization re...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 351 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Massive integration of information technology into all aspects of modern life caused demand for proce...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 332 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Ever since Postgres released the first object relational database system (ORDBMS) in 1986, ORDBMSs have been seen as the next...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 433 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED BILL OF MATERIAL PROCESSING SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 9TH MILE CORNER SIDE» ABSTRACT Computer has tremendously penetrated into every field of life. It makes work flow very easy. Interesting and result oriented. Bill of materia...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 311 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» INTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionThis chapter presents the introduction to the research work under the following sub heads:Theoretical BackgroundStatement ...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 331 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» Abstract The major objective of this project or research work is to find out those problems that affect allocation/distribution and marketing of petro...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 438 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Airline Reservation Systems (ARS) used to be standalone systems. Each airline had its own system, disconnected from other airlines or ticket ...Continue Reading »
94 pages | 514 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE