Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
Punctuality as Thomas Chandler Haliburton(1796 - 1865) said, is the soul of business. Any institution will require its staff to be punctual for it to be a success. Punctuality as a function of time with respect to date is a very essential requirement in every setup, be it small scale or large organization/institution, of which Federal University of Technology, Minna is no exception (Shoewu and Idowu, 2012).
The level of impersonation as well as the ghost worker syndrome in recent times is enormous, in both the private and the public sector, Akinduyite, Adetunmbi, Olabode, and Ibidunmoye (2013). Therefore, there is need for a new system which will wipe out all this enumerated issues. The human body has the privilege of having features that are unique and exclusive to each individual. This exclusiveness and unique characteristic has led to the field of biometrics and its application in ensuring security in various fields. Biometrics has gained popularity and has proved itself to be a reliable mode of ensuring privacy, maintaining security and identifying individuals. Today, the technology is being spotlighted as the authentication method because of the need for reliable security (Arulogun et al, 2013).
A system insusceptible to impersonation, that provide dependable and efficient means of taking staff attendance record with the use biometrics captures to provide perpetrators with the uniqueness of biometrics will help organization/institution keep good and accurate record of their staff punctuality.
1.2 Motivation of Study
Punctuality is one of the most important attribute of a
good professional, this project is motivated by the desire to bring and
enhance professionalism in organizations and institutions.
1.3 Statement of Problem
Traditionally, staff attendance is done by signing in and out in a register which leaves gap for impersonation and staff sometimes record earlier time when they are late.
1.4 Aim and Objectives of Study
This project is aimed at developing a staff attendance system using fingerprint biometrics.
The objective of these project are to:
1. Design a staff attendance system using fingerprint biometric.
2. Implement of the designed system.
3. Test the implemented Staff attendance system.
1.5 Scope and Limitation of Study
This project uses fingerprint biometric for time attendance of Federal University of Technology, Minna to makes the task less burdensome and enhance professionalism in organizations.
This project is limited to the fact that the proposed system doesn’t have a centralized database, which means staff enrollment will have to be done at their work unit. Furthermore, transferred staff details will be copied to the new unit database or re-enroll at new station before the staff can have access to the system.
1.6 Significance of Study
The use of staff attendance system is very important because of human being proneness to error, leaving the staff to write down their names might not be accurate as staff can even write attendance for their fellow staff and their handwriting legibility can be a case when compiling the attendance record at the end of the month.
The official in charge of attendance collation is highly favored by this system because use of pen and paper as a means of collating staff attendance will leave the official in charge with numerous sheet of paper, which will be hectic as he/she have to start comparing several sheet to record the average attendance for just a staff. The official is going to waste a lot of time compiling the attendance percentage at the end of the month, mistake can creep in due to the large volumes of papers
Successful implementation of this project mean the staff attendance credibility can be queried or put to test anytime, and result are produce fast and accuracy, without stress.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED DRUG VERIFICATION AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NAFDAC)» ABSTRACT This project was centered on design and implementation of computerized drug verification and management system. The current process of verify...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 362 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED PRODUCT DISTRIBUTION MONITORY SYSTEM (NIGERIA BREWERIES 9TH MILE CORNER ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1.INTRODUCTION Distribution is a system through which goods produced are transferred from the production area to the final consumer thro...Continue Reading »
37 pages | 173 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Computer image is the acquisition, processing and display of using computers. The main purpose of this project is to design software of image...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 287 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CONGESTION CONTROL SYSTEM FOR GSM OPERATION (A Case Study of MTN Enugu)» ...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 921 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has become a major tool for gaining competitive ad...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 212 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Certificate verification system is a system designed to computerize the process of adding certificates and verifying the certificates records...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 375 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYAccording to wikipedia (2015), artificial intelligence (AI) is the intelligence exhibited by machin...Continue Reading »
53 pages | 372 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION There were three fundamentally distinct education systems in Nigeria in 1990: the indigenous system, Quranic schools, and...Continue Reading »
107 pages | 242 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM OF COURT PROCEEDINGS (A Case Study Of Federal High Court Enugu State)» ABSTRACTAs the complexity and degress of crimes widen, system using new technology will have to be utilized to aid lawyers etc to fight this tends.Jus...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
10. PREDICTING THE FEATURE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS WITH ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORKS (ANN).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Most institutions of higher learning today are concerned with predicting the paths of...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 255 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE