Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Organization Of Work
Table Of Content
1.1 Statement Of Problem
1.2 Aims And Objectives
1.3 Delimitation Of Scope
1.6 Definition Of Terms
2.0 Literature Review
3.0 Description And Analysis Of The Existing System
3.1 Fact Finding Methods
3.2 Organizational Structure
3.3 Objectives Of The Existing System
3.4 Input, Process And Output Analysis
3.5 Information Flow Diagram
3.6 Problem Of The Existing System
3.7 Justification For The New System
4.0 Design Of The New System
4.1 Output Specification And Design
4.2 Input Specification And Design
4.3 File Design
4.4 System Flowchart
4.5 Procedure Chart
4.6 System Requirements
5.1 Program Design
5.2 Program Flow Chart
5.3 Pseudo Codes
5.4 Source Program
5.5 Test Run
7.0 Recommendation And Conclusion
Finance is the life wire of any business organization. It is required for the execution of production, sales and administration of a business operation. As a discipline, finance is concerned with the acquisition and administration of the use of the firms’ funds as well as profit planning and control financial analysis is inevitable for the effective planning and control of any firm.
To effectively plan for the future, the financial manager should
be able to assess the financial position of the firm and relates this
to its confronting investment opportunities. Since funds are scarce,
financial analysis helps the financial manager to assess the returns on
investment accruing from sloughing the firms’ assets and thereby
efficiently allocating resources.
However, financial accounting is the employment of the firm’s balance sheet and income statement to establish some relationship between one figure and another in order to highlight the strengths and weakness of the concerned business. The balance sheet of a firm is also called the financial position because it shows the position of the business in monetary term at a given point in time while the income statement show how the position depicted by the balance sheet has been attained. The results of financial analysis are normally expressed as financial ratios, which could be broadly classified as liquidity, leverage, activity and profit ratio. The suppliers of the firm’s funds and the investing public are usually interested in these ratios. But the nature of interest expressed on the firm determines the ratios to be emphasized by each concerned parts. This implies that different people emphasize on different ratios and as a result financial analysis means different thing to different people.
For instance, creditors are interested on those ratios, which
measure the ability of the form to service their debts and pay the
principal as and when due while the equity owners are interested on the
profitability ratios. The financial manager occupies a unique position
in the firm as he should be able to computer interpret and explain these
ratios to various interest groups in the firm when the firm requires
funds from outside sources, the financial manager should be able to use
the relevant ratio to convince investors to supply their funds. Also
the financial manager should be able to justify the reasonableness of
some investment or project being under taken by management before the
However, the cost involved in the employment of a financial
manager makes it mandatory for small-scale companies to engage the
services of a financial consultant. The increased use of high-speed
computers in various facets of business should popularize the use of
financial ratios in business decision. This is because computer would
provide the necessary equipment to handle problems associated with
voluminous maze of financial data due to lack of time or more.
This study therefore, aims at the development of a database for financial statements and a set of programs to computer, store and retrieve various financial ratios for some companies.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
The Nigeria Company Act of 1968 stipulate that all registered companies in Nigeria should file their audited annual balance sheet this will guide the investors in the development of the funds and to provide basis for company taxation. But there are some problems facing the financial accounting of any hotel. These problems includes:-
1. Illegal use of money cards – some managers has taken the
privilege of using both credit and debit cards to steal companies money
and some do not know how to use this cards thereby causing problems to
2. One of the major loopholes of an un-computerized financial accounting system is its ability to fraud a company. This poses a problem to the management of a hotel.
3. Some companies employ inexperienced managers who are not professionals in the field of computing and this will restrict the objectives of the computerized system to a certain limit.
4. Insufficient fund- to set up a complete computerized financial accounting system requires a huge amount of money. Some hotels find it difficult to afford or cannot afford it.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. The use of password and other security measures enable a company to prevent unauthorized user of the files.
2. The use of money cards by some customers will act as a security measure against armed robbers and other inconveniences ca-use by the bulkiness of their money.
3. Information can be stored for future use and can also be retrieved at an electronic speed. This will prevent the time wasting while using the manual files.
4. The computer has been proved without any doubt to be far more accurate than either any know person or any previous machine performing mechanical operation with data.
5. Computer works at incredible high speed. It performs millions of calculations, sort and combines information in different ways within a second.
DELIMITATION OF STUDY
This study is focused on Model, one of the prominent hotels in Enugu, owned by private individual. It has been chosen as case study because it is expected that given it size, modernity and its promoters. It will satisfy our data need. In examining the management of the hotel, this project is limited to the financial aspect of the management.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
I was constrained by menu factors in carrying out this research work. This was despite my intention to make more research on the issue. Firstly, I was constrained by time factor. The project was not given enough periods in out timetable. And there was some academic constrains that is the combination of lectures, exams and writing of the project proved cumbersome. Secondly, due to the prevailing economic order in the country in general and the agency business in particular. I had not enough fund to finance more extensive research on the subject. Thirdly information were made difficult to obtain by attitudes of some personnel to conserve their duty of secrecy, hotel management did not permit the disclosure of account programs.
It is assumed that a computerized financial account will be of great advantage to both the hotel management and government.
Data can be easily documented and retrieved in most economic manner.
Computer are never tired of carrying out a repetitive task as financial manager may be and everything is done at an electronic speed.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Raw information when data is processed, it becomes information.
The physical components of a computer like the keyboard, the video display unit (VDU) etc.
The part of a computer system that performs the major activities like reasoning calculation etc.
Series of logically related instructions arranged for the computer to execute or run. It controls the activities of the system (i.e the system program or the application program).
A word supplied to a computer in order to gain access to the system or a file.
The logical components of the system like the program. They are not visible.
These are those items, which belongs to a business so long as they have value the values can be objectively measured and the ownership by the assets can be proved.
These are those item s owned by the business.
This portrays the assets and liabilities of a business at specific point in time. It also is known as the position.
This is a summary of all transactions, which have taken place during a period, resulting in either a profit or loss figure.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR FARM MANAGEMENT USING MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AS A CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Accurate and easy to use Farm Management Information Systems (FMIS) are of fundamental importance for a succ...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE ATM CARD REQUEST AND DELIVERY SYSTEM WITH TRACKER (A CASE STUDY OF GUARANTEE TRUST BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT Online ATM Card request and delivery system with tracker is a system designed to assist bank customers and financial institutions computerize...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AN IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER BASED SEAPORT BILLING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN PORT AUTHORITY LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria Ports Authority is a government owned organization under the supervision of the federal M...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The main objective of this study is to develop an ICT assisted menu directorate system, whereby someone could be able to choose a meal, get t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The problem which always emanate from inadequate personnel information maintenance and management has been a torn in the flesh of the entire ...Continue Reading »
6. THE INFLUENCE OF SMART PHONES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS» ABSTRACT The study investigated the influence of smart phones and social networking sites on the academic performance of secondary school students in ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This project work intends to automate the existing criminal records of the Nigeria police using Enugu criminal investigating department. The ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A Text to speech application is a synthesizer software that converts text into spoken word, by analyzing and processing the text using Natura...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SPRINGLIGHT TECHNOLOGY, UYO)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION Project management establishments like Springlight Technology, Treasure property& project manage...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTDesign and implementation of Computerized record keeping system has become a big task and indeed a burden to many computer programmes, compute...Continue Reading »