Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 42 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Sort Code,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
A clinic is an institution with an organized medical and nursing staff, provide a range of medical service, like surgery, for people requiring intensive treatment or observation.
It may also include facilities for childbirth as well as various out-patient departments.
A clinic is not make up of various departments where various cases and handled. For example
- The surgery department where patients are operated on in the theaters.
- Obstetrics and gynecology unit where pregnant women are taken care of.
- Pediatric department where you treat children.
An outpatient is a patient who does not reside in the clinic where he/she is being treated. The registers of the outpatients are used for documentation of the outpatients. The documentation of the outpatients. The data for outpatient registers are registration number, name of patient, age, sex, registration address etc.
The outpatient unit is made up of casually section, records, outpatient, theaters, various clinics etc.
The treatment of the outpatients ends in the outpatient department which that of the inpatients ends in their various wards.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It could be very burdensome for someone who is seriously ill. It wounded or weak to queue on clinic line waiting for the doctor to attend to him or to pay for service and also get drugs.
But when the designing and implementation of a computerize outpatient information system is achieved, a lot of problems will be documented for the outpatient. These problems includes:
- Time wastage
- Absence of doctors involved
- File sorting
1.3. PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
Hospital organization today is a essential part of the medical care scheme, owing to the increasing complexity of medical problem. It is very necessary that medical practitioners and specialists have an up to data and automated services.
This study will examine the problem arising from manual operations of the outpatient information system and how these can be conquered by introducing the computer. This computer science research work also aims at designing a statement that can replace the manual operations of the outpatient information system
1.4. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is that it eliminates:-
- Time Wastage:- When this study is practiced the time an outpatient wastes in registering seeing the doctor, buying drugs will be eliminated. Because it will no longer be handled manually rather it is going to be computer based.
- It also eliminates inconveniency:- In a situation whereby a patient registered in the clinic for the past three and later came back in the fourth year for the check up, the information of that out-patient can be accessed convenient using the computer, rather than searching for the outpatient information or records manually
1.5. SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study is limited to the design and implementation of a computerize outpatient information system for the Hansa clinics Enugu.
It is assumed that all the data located are true valid. It is also assumed that the basic requirements of the outpatient information system should not be changed often so that the program will score for a very long time.
1.7. DEFINITION OF TERMS
Diagnosis:- It means a determination of an individuals disease, illness, or injury, made by a health care provider.
Patient: A person who is receiving medical care form a doctor.
Outpatient: A patient who is not an inpatient (not hospitalized), but instead comes to a doctor’s office, clinic or day surgery for treatment.
Inpatient: A patient living in the hospital where he is being treated
File: A collection of related records or a folder that is based keep documents
Prescription: A written instructions from a physician to a pharmacist stating the form, closage, strength, etc, of a drug to be issued to a specific patient.
Data: These are raw facts, but when captured or processed, generates information
Program: A sequence of coded instruction fed into a computer, enabling it to perform specified logical and arithmetical operations on data.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYLottery system is a very wide field of study and can be classified in so many ways such as the U....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The advancement made in technology over the past few years has been tremendous. The computer alon...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY. Prompt payment of Staff salaries by Management of and Organization boosts the morale of staffs and e...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The term Computer Assisted Learning (CAL) covers a range of computer based packages, which ai...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR FARM MANAGEMENT USING MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AS A CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Accurate and easy to use Farm Management Information Systems (FMIS) are of fundamental importance for a succ...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A UNIVERSITY ELECTRONIC EXAMINATION TIME TABLE (A CASE STUDY OF SCHOOL OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Time table is a structured schedule of an event with time at which they occur, especially tim...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is apparent that everything that is sustainable would have to go through advancement. In Info...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study was aimed at designing a computer software for registration of patient’s in FSDT&T clinic/laboratory. The work was review...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A computerized accounting information system collects, stores and processes financial/economic data for decision making purposes. The study e...Continue Reading »