Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aim of this project is to develop a database for indigenes of rivers state that are above 60 years of age which will in turn help the government to conduct a free, adequate and sumptuous medical care for them. To replace the current inefficient manual system which include forecasting and approximation; To ensure credibility in free medical service for the old age through adequate database management system in the state; To help the rivers state government provide a free medical services for the people within the age of 60 and above through an error free database. The method of data collection for this study was interview method; this was done between the researcher and the Health officials. System of conducting indigenes registration was gathered from them and a well documented procedure for registration was ascertained. A search on online indigenes registration system was also carried out and a lot of information concerning the system in question was obtained. Some forms that are necessary and available were assessed. Also Internet downloads was made to obtain some text materials. At the end of this project work, I was able to design and develop software that can successfully handle an ICT assisted database for budgeting free medical care for indigenes of rivers state within the age of sixty years and above. This work also will serve as an aid for people who wish to research more on this topic. Other benefits are: Provision of facility for handling text electronically using powerful and sophisticated word processors to produce elegant and error free documents; In addition to storing the data, direct data capture was implemented. The systematic approaches used during each phase of the software development provide a clear insight that would be of immense help to anyone carrying out research works in this area.
1.1 Background of the Study
A database is an organized collection of data. The data are typically organized to model relevant aspects of reality in a way that supports processes requiring this information. For example, modeling the availability of rooms in hotels in a way that supports finding a hotel with vacancies.
Database management systems (DBMS) are specially designed software applications that interact with the user, other applications, and the database itself to capture and analyze data. A general-purpose DBMS is a software system designed to allow the definition, creation, querying, update, and administration of databases. Well-known Database management include MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SAP HANA, dBASE, FoxPro, IBM DB2, LibreOffice Base and FileMaker Pro. A database is not generally portable across different Database management, but different Database management can interoperate by using standards such as SQL and ODBC or JDBC to allow a single application to work with more than one database.
There is a need to improve the mode of doing things in the government of a nation through the organization of a standard error free and fully monitored database so that the keeping of data in every sector and arms of the government will be easier. The mode of keeping files and folders in shelves is now getting uglier and outdated and should be replaced by the modern system which will involve only few computers and its operators and can handle almost everything in the state, with less effort and complete accuracy.
The issue of medical care is planned centrally by every government, and is aimed at every rightful citizen; most especially the old aged people who need constant care and medical treatment.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Calculating a budget to meet the citizens need is highly cumbersome, approximation and forecasting to meet the need of citizens has done a lot of harm and usually causes inadequacies in the distribution of basic services such as medical care and many more in Rivers state, Nigeria. The major problem of this study is the inadequate supply of free medical care to the old age people who are above 60 years in rivers state, this people are those who really need to be cared for unlike the youths who are still agile and still strong to take care of themselves.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The aim of this project is to develop a database for indigenes of rivers state that are above 60 years of age which will in turn help the government to conduct a free, adequate and sumptuous medical care for them.
· To replace the current inefficient manual system which include forecasting and approximation.
· To ensure credibility in free medical service for the old age through adequate database management system in the state.
· To help the rivers state government provide a free medical services for the people within the age of 60 and above through an error free database.
1.4 Scope of the Study
The research work is designed to enable rivers state government to use electronic device to capture information of the people between the age of 60 years and above. The design will cover some security issues like authenticating the nationality of the people through integrating the national ID database to the medical registration process.
During the design of this project work, much finance was required and owing to the financial meltdown globally, the research was limited by finance and hence concentrated on the available materials within the locality.
1.6 Significance of the Study
In view of the rapid development of computer technology in virtually all fields of operation and its use in relation to information management, it has become important to look into the development of an ICT assisted database to enable rivers state government to achieve the following:
(a) Conduct free and adequate medical care service safely.
(b) Safeguard data and information in the system.
(c) Reduced workload in the process of budget making.
(d) Keep accurate record of the old age indigenes.
(e) Reaching different kind of people with their respective needs after budgeting.
(f) Eliminate fraudulent activities in the government services.
1.7 Project Report Organization
This project was covered under five stages:
CHAPTER 1; Deals with the introduction. The background of the project is discussed. The objectives of the project, its significance, scope, and constraints are pointed out.
CHAPTER 2; this chapter is a Review of database management system and also free medical service in some countries.
CHAPTER 3; Discusses system Investigation and Analysis. It deals with detailed investigation and analysis of the existing system and problem identification.
CHAPTER 4; Treats the system design and implementation
CHAPTER 5; the summary and conclusion of the project are finally treated in this chapter.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Information System: It is a collection of procedures, people, instructions and equipment to produce information in a useful form
Technology: It is study of techniques or process of mobilizing resources (such as information) for accomplishing objectives that benefit man and his environment
Computer Network: is a system that connects two or more computers together using a communication link.
Databases: A systematically arranged collection of computer data, structured so that it can be automatically retrieved or manipulated. It is also called databank
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE JOURNAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SOKOTO INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY).» ABSTRACT This project research titled “Design and Implementation of an Online Journal Management System which is a case study of Sokoto Internationa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Several recent proposals have argued for giving third parties and end users control over routing in the network infrastru...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER ASSISTED LEARNING SYSTEM (CASE STUDY OF TUTORIAL ON PRIMARY SCHOOL MATHEMATICS)» ABSTRACTIn Nigeria today, it’s a well known fact that mathematics is one of the subjects that student find difficult to understand and pass for one ...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Airline booking and ticketing in a commercial airline company is a project work aimed at creating a system that will enable traveler’s ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover page Title page Approval page Dedication Acknowledgment Table of content Abstract CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe research work Sales Forecasting System is a sales system using˜point of sales ( POS ) technology to achieve its sales, accounting and lin...Continue Reading »
7. IMPROVING THE CAPACITY OF A RENEWABLE POWER SYSTEM, USING SOLAR POWER PANEL (A CASE STUDY OF COMPUTER SCIENCE ND SOFTWARE LAB)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The use of renewable energy increased greatly just after the first big oil crisis in the late sev...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work is the Automation of a manual process of assets management system in a company setting. This is an information Technology ...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED MEDICAL DUTIES SCHEDULING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO TEACHING HOSPITAL)» ABSTRACT There is always the need to introduce more changes or modification in Hospital curricula particularly in the area of their duties scheduling ...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN EXPERT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR AUTOMOBILE FAULT DETECTION AND DIAGNOSIS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In present time most households own at least one car. This figure shows that a car is very important to people’s lives ...Continue Reading »