Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aim of this project is to develop a database for indigenes of rivers state that are above 60 years of age which will in turn help the government to conduct a free, adequate and sumptuous medical care for them. To replace the current inefficient manual system which include forecasting and approximation; To ensure credibility in free medical service for the old age through adequate database management system in the state; To help the rivers state government provide a free medical services for the people within the age of 60 and above through an error free database. The method of data collection for this study was interview method; this was done between the researcher and the Health officials. System of conducting indigenes registration was gathered from them and a well documented procedure for registration was ascertained. A search on online indigenes registration system was also carried out and a lot of information concerning the system in question was obtained. Some forms that are necessary and available were assessed. Also Internet downloads was made to obtain some text materials. At the end of this project work, I was able to design and develop software that can successfully handle an ICT assisted database for budgeting free medical care for indigenes of rivers state within the age of sixty years and above. This work also will serve as an aid for people who wish to research more on this topic. Other benefits are: Provision of facility for handling text electronically using powerful and sophisticated word processors to produce elegant and error free documents; In addition to storing the data, direct data capture was implemented. The systematic approaches used during each phase of the software development provide a clear insight that would be of immense help to anyone carrying out research works in this area.
1.1 Background of the Study
A database is an organized collection of data. The data are typically organized to model relevant aspects of reality in a way that supports processes requiring this information. For example, modeling the availability of rooms in hotels in a way that supports finding a hotel with vacancies.
Database management systems (DBMS) are specially designed software applications that interact with the user, other applications, and the database itself to capture and analyze data. A general-purpose DBMS is a software system designed to allow the definition, creation, querying, update, and administration of databases. Well-known Database management include MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SAP HANA, dBASE, FoxPro, IBM DB2, LibreOffice Base and FileMaker Pro. A database is not generally portable across different Database management, but different Database management can interoperate by using standards such as SQL and ODBC or JDBC to allow a single application to work with more than one database.
There is a need to improve the mode of doing things in the government of a nation through the organization of a standard error free and fully monitored database so that the keeping of data in every sector and arms of the government will be easier. The mode of keeping files and folders in shelves is now getting uglier and outdated and should be replaced by the modern system which will involve only few computers and its operators and can handle almost everything in the state, with less effort and complete accuracy.
The issue of medical care is planned centrally by every government, and is aimed at every rightful citizen; most especially the old aged people who need constant care and medical treatment.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
Calculating a budget to meet the citizens need is highly cumbersome, approximation and forecasting to meet the need of citizens has done a lot of harm and usually causes inadequacies in the distribution of basic services such as medical care and many more in Rivers state, Nigeria. The major problem of this study is the inadequate supply of free medical care to the old age people who are above 60 years in rivers state, this people are those who really need to be cared for unlike the youths who are still agile and still strong to take care of themselves.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The aim of this project is to develop a database for indigenes of rivers state that are above 60 years of age which will in turn help the government to conduct a free, adequate and sumptuous medical care for them.
· To replace the current inefficient manual system which include forecasting and approximation.
· To ensure credibility in free medical service for the old age through adequate database management system in the state.
· To help the rivers state government provide a free medical services for the people within the age of 60 and above through an error free database.
1.4 Scope of the Study
The research work is designed to enable rivers state government to use electronic device to capture information of the people between the age of 60 years and above. The design will cover some security issues like authenticating the nationality of the people through integrating the national ID database to the medical registration process.
During the design of this project work, much finance was required and owing to the financial meltdown globally, the research was limited by finance and hence concentrated on the available materials within the locality.
1.6 Significance of the Study
In view of the rapid development of computer technology in virtually all fields of operation and its use in relation to information management, it has become important to look into the development of an ICT assisted database to enable rivers state government to achieve the following:
(a) Conduct free and adequate medical care service safely.
(b) Safeguard data and information in the system.
(c) Reduced workload in the process of budget making.
(d) Keep accurate record of the old age indigenes.
(e) Reaching different kind of people with their respective needs after budgeting.
(f) Eliminate fraudulent activities in the government services.
1.7 Project Report Organization
This project was covered under five stages:
CHAPTER 1; Deals with the introduction. The background of the project is discussed. The objectives of the project, its significance, scope, and constraints are pointed out.
CHAPTER 2; this chapter is a Review of database management system and also free medical service in some countries.
CHAPTER 3; Discusses system Investigation and Analysis. It deals with detailed investigation and analysis of the existing system and problem identification.
CHAPTER 4; Treats the system design and implementation
CHAPTER 5; the summary and conclusion of the project are finally treated in this chapter.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Information System: It is a collection of procedures, people, instructions and equipment to produce information in a useful form
Technology: It is study of techniques or process of mobilizing resources (such as information) for accomplishing objectives that benefit man and his environment
Computer Network: is a system that connects two or more computers together using a communication link.
Databases: A systematically arranged collection of computer data, structured so that it can be automatically retrieved or manipulated. It is also called databank
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WORKING PROTOCOL INTERNET SYSTEM FOR THE CHRIST DOMINION POWER MIRACLE CHURCH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Probably no other advancement since the telephone has changed the way humanity works quite as muc...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The magical impact of computer has made enormous contribution to all aspect of the society people can now do things easily unlike in the past...Continue Reading »
3. LIBRARY AUTOMATION OF SCHOOL OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY LIBRARY, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA, NIGER STATE» ABSTRACT Libraries play a vital role in the educational, industrial and technological progress of a country, of which it role is to achieve a free flo...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE BUS TICKET RESERVATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM TRANSPORT COMPANY [AKTC]» ABSTRACT The study examines the design and implementation of an online bus ticket reservation system. The system solves the problem of inconveniencing...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE BUS TICKET RESERVATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM TRANSPORT COMPANY [AKTC])» ABSTRACT The study examines the design and implementation of an online bus ticket reservation system. The system solves the problem of inconveniencing...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle page Approval page Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of content CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction 1.2 Background...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Generally, computer has played an important role in global economy in various ways. The Computer is used in many differen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 INSIGHT INTO LIBRARY SYSTEM A library can be defined as a room or building where books are kept and referenced. It is an ...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERISED TOURISM INFORMATION SYSTEM (CASE STUDY OF OWERRI IN IMO STATE) NOTE: YOU CAN CHANGE THE CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today. It plays an important part in nation’s economy by p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND STUDY In the new era of information technology, information overload has become a serious problem to those se...Continue Reading »