Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Home automation may have sounded like fiction in the 20th century but coming into the 21st century brought many innovations that made it possible. Remote control nevertheless had been with us since Alibaba. Though they were thought to be magic, electronics today isn’t magic, thus real.
The advancement of technology brought about ease in the day to day activities. Modern technology have developed and change our ways of doing a lot like communication in particular has graduated from the days of using town carriers to the recent days of a mobile world, where the society is linked by the technology of mobile phone and the internet. Mobile phones have been programmed to carry many functions including making calls, sending text messages and many others.
Taking the home in consideration, there are appliances which can be controlled by using remote controller or mobile phones using either applications designed to control or using DTMF. Mobile phones can be used to switch ON the TVset, refrigerator or air conditioners. A person can leave his home in the morning with a normal weather but they might be change in the weather and decide to turn OFF or turn ON his AC before he comes back to regulate his room. Now a phone can be used to scan papers or pictures. Mobile phones have brought about more good results on health facts like the eradication of infrared rays, laser beams which appears to be dangerous to health. Hence the need arose for the design of a circuit that does not require any radiations and any laser beam which has no limitation regarding to range. Therefore the project is able to give the user a complete control of circuits from a far distance provided there is network service available.
Home automation devices interact with the home network and communicate with one circuit through the GSM installed with a SIM (subscriber identity module). The system uses DTMF which converts tone into signals which used for short distance applications. In regards to this, there was need for more advancement which brought about the use of systems for home automation which provides a long distance range controls.
Since the possibilities brought about by infrared technology, people with broad minds have gone to an extra length to bring remote control systems to the present status where appliances in the home could be made to function by simply pointing a piece of electronics to it and chose an option of function.
Gadget such as washing machines, carpet hooves, and television sets etc. could be fitted with remote controllers using infrared, ultrasonic and lasertechnologies to control them. The technology which uses the infrared laser is regarded to be harmful to human health. The ultrasonic systems are not frequently used because it does not give a stable control over appliances. The advent of using tone frequencies to modulate the waves generated by laser, infrared and ultrasonic to achieve this control brought the chances to attain the height of today’s control status.
Tone on telephone systems such as the GSM called DTMG has made it possible to control systems from half a world away.
SMS, GPRS and DTFC based communications on GSM could be used presently to achieve even Internet of Things so therefore home automaton became even none promising as a means of achieving control.
This project works within this context to control home appliances using GSM techniques employing DTMF.
1.1 PROBLEM DEFINITION
A means by which our elderly and disabled people and people without disabilities could easily control their appliances without going physically to switches or using too many remote controllers lying everywhere in the home was needed.
1.2 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this project work is to automate home so as to achieve control using mobile phone technology by employing the following objectives which are:
· To organize appliances and their function into codes on the phone.
· To design and construct a DTMF transmit which receive signals and control circuits through a GSM.
· To realize a suitable power supply unit for the control unit.
The motivation for this work is the ease it could provide a home owner to be able to control this home appliances from a distance.
The scope of this work is within the control system for controlling appliances using electronic and TONE generators.
· This project work is limited by agreement of network providers to allow the use of their network for armature works.
· The availability IC programmer to design the source codes and hardware required for DTMF function.
· Availability of electricity to ensure the system works as at when required.
· The project work does not involve fault detection or alerts on faulty equipment
· There will be no control if the user is not having airtime.
1.6 PROJECT OUTLINE
This project work outline is such that chapter 1 introduces the work, chapter 2 is the literature review of background information and that of related works on the subject, chapter 3 is the design construction and casing, chapter 4 is the test and discussion of results and chapter 5 is the conclusion and recommendation based on drawn conclusions.
1.7 BLOCK DIAGRAM
The block diagram of the home automation system as in this project work is as Fig 1.1 showing the various units which consists of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DEVELOPMENT OF A WEB BASED HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION REPORTING SYSTEM FOR NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Internationally and nationally, the need for the promotion and protection of human rights is now ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION INTRODUCTION The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is a scheme organized to have fresh Nigeria graduates passed through a o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The status of computer application in schools is growing with increase in awareness of roles of computer in education. Many schools now see i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION INSIGHT TO ONLINE MARKETPLACE Online Market, commonly known as e commerce or eCommerce, or e business consists of the buying ...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM ( A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION An inventory control system contains a list of orders to be filled and then prompts workers to pick the necessary items, ...Continue Reading »
» AbstractThe research work â€œ Online Store Management System â€ includes ales, stock keeping, warehouse management, staff update, vendors updat...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Longest Job First (LJF), the opposite of Shortest Job First, has been an unpopular process scheduling algorithm. The idea of combinational bu...Continue Reading »
8. Development of an Online Tourist Accommodation Reservation Recommender System for the Nigerian Hospitality Industry» The process of remotely booking accommodation for a tourist city in the country is the primary purpose of this computer science project topic. The sof...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Drug procurement and distribution tracking system is a set of computer programs that obtains the supplies of drugs, distribute the drugs and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The advent of computer system and other information and communication technologies have been experiencing continuous technolo...Continue Reading »