Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 84 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Education is an indispensable system on which the life of everyone is built and as well stimulates the entire life application. It could be referred to as a process designed for the acquisition and dissemination of skills and knowledge to the posterity of the nation. The identified system tends to be implemented in diverse dimensions basically in schools.
For the past ten years, it has been discovered that schools are not what they were as attributed to the wide ranging changes which have occurred and brought new pressure associated with increased size. On the account of this, an increasing complexity of organization has been instigated so that stresses and anxieties of choice have been added to those of dimension.
The competent educational administration constitute the intensity of education and its impediments mount a disturbing diffusion and obscuring of purpose and all these changes concede with a major recruiting of curriculum and methodology. In most cases, the manual method adopted in monitoring some school activities undermine other roles like enrolment of students, computation of student’s result, examination supervision and making of examination scripts.
With regard to the discrepancies created by the manual techniques of school administration, the school management board should devise a competitive means of achieving their set objective in a computerized educational administrative information system.
The basic aim of the study is to provide a lasting solution to the problems emanated from the manual means of school management. They are as follows:
- To produce a system which tends to increase the predictability of the organization by assessing critically its obsolescence in relation to fresh challenges.
- To produce a reliable system that would coordinate most of the school activities.
- To produce a flexible and comprehensive system that would meet up with the future development in the school.
- To design and develop a computerized system that would handle the execution of school activities most especially post-primary schools so as to liquidate all the problems identified with the existing system.
1.2.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The sudden increase in the number of students enroll in each school has transcended the manipulation of the existing system used by the school administrators and this prompted a lot of problems which encompass the inaccurate computation of students result by the staffs on the account of non-availability of adequate number of computer systems for the computation. This is a very ugly development. Also, it was very complicated to observe when the enrolment of students should cease since there was no efficient system for the estimation of enrolment ratio to give a signal when the enrolment tends to move beyond the projection. All these and more are encountered due to the debilitation of the prevailing system used. It was very difficult to point out students who cheat in the course of examination as attributed to the non-standard measure used in the supervision of the examination. The staff complained seriously on the unnecessary stress encountered while marking the examination answer scripts manually.
1.3 JUSTIFICATION OF THE STUDY
The implementation of this computerized system would definitely stimulate the school standard. This would as well help the management to ease the burden on the staff which would be on the benefit of students and staffs. It is also a basic study for research and for the entire populace and future researchers.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study covered the substantive solution to the problems generated by the existing system used in the school administration and management. However, the case study is post-primary school management board (PPSMB) Enugu.
On account of time, she adopted only 2 procedures of capturing data for the study. Those 2 procedures encompass.
A) INTERVIEW METHOD:- During the interview conducted in the post-primary school management board. The research interviewed the director of school supervisor on the nature of duty conducted in schools she had supervised with special reference to the examination coordination and supervision, enrolment ratio for the admission of students in school. The director of administration department was equally interrogated based on the obligation and dereliction of the management board towards the growth of education observed in schools with little assistance from some of the staffs. The response to the questions enabled the researcher to take off.
B) REFERENCES TO WRITTEN DOCUMENT: - In spite of the interview took place in the PPSMB, the researcher extended her collection of data to the written document as a result of inadequacy from the responsiveness of the interview. The researcher had to visit Enugu State and National Library for more information and references from already written text on educational administration varying more emphasis on school administration and management. The information from this specified method made the successful completion of this study possible.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Most rental service firms today still use manual information system because their information needs are of moderate size and ...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 81 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
2. Effects Of Standard Costing On The Profitability Of Manufacturing Companies (a Case Study Of Nigerian Breweries Plc,ama, Udi Local Government Of Enugu...» The topic of this research is effects of standard costing on the profitability of a manufacturing company. The purpose of this study was to discover i...Continue Reading »
122 pages | 321 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
3. ASSESSMENT OF THE UTILIZATION OF INTERNET SERVICES AMONG STUDENTS IN FEDERAL INSTITUTIONS IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The convergence of information and communication technologies as typified by the Internet is increasingly having more influen...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 316 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Digital Library System (DLS) extends and integrate approaches adopted in traditional libraries as well as in distributed ...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 121 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Every government establishment has a means of generating money, which is accountable to the government body. Individual group and companies c...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 233 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION COMPUTERIZED POWER MONITORING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY NIGERIA, PHCN, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction In a world like ours today there is every need to manage funds in every activity being carried out. It is th...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 172 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionThis chapter presents the introduction to the research study under the following headings:Theoretical Backgroun...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 270 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
8. ONLINE CLEARANCE SYSTEM FOR GRADUATING STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA)» ABSTRACT Clearance for graduating students is necessary continual process in every University. Federal University of Technology Minna, student clearan...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 946 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERSIZED NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD PROCESSING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD, ANAOCH LOCAL GOVERNEMNT...» ABSTRACT This project is aimed at improving along lasting processing and administration system on National Identity card. It is also aimed at keeping ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 260 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to examine the historical development of artificial intelligence. This study was guided by the following objectives; ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE