Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 41 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Secondary Data, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Warehouse is where goods and commodities are kept for further clearance. Narrowing it to Nigeria Ports Authority, there are many warehouse where imported consignment and goods are stored. This is cleared by carrying the billing papers from post to post, waiting and wasting much time in seeing who is in charge. Goods that takes about two weeks to berth into the country takes another two weeks to get cleared. This makes the importers and the clearing agents to run from port to port, in search of where the goods were kept.
The introduction of computer in warehousing will enable importers know which and where their goods are kept, as it will always be stipulates on the bill of laden papers. Computer is hereby seen as a way of handling, by systematically organizing them, recording or making notations on them, following up with the appropriate action or the like.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The processing of billing papers for clearance of goods, with manual method has led to omission of many records that ought to be included. This is caused by inaccuracy of the manual billing process.
Due to the inefficiency in manual billing process, billing papers are carried from post to post, waiting for who is in charge, thereby delaying the goods that suppose to be delivered.
More so, goods are not delivered on time, due to the fact, that goods that takes about two weeks to get into the country, still takes another two weeks to be cleared.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this is study is to
- Identify those problems caused by using manual billing clearance
- Finding out the effect of this in Nigeria Ports Authority
- Create computer awareness
- Identify prospects for solution of problems.
1.4. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research, base on the problem and prospect of using computer in Nigeria Ports Authority, will help to develop interest towards computer.
The findings of this research, will also help the management to increase the income generation of Nigeria Ports Authority and smooth running of the warehouse in general.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The researcher will identify all the problems, including the financial constraints of the problems, encounter with the use of manual billing clearance in warehousing.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Due to the financial constraints of the researcher and lack of time, the researcher is concentrating the study in only Nigeria Ports Authority Lagos.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 IntroductionCloud Computing is a new paradigm of computing which has evolved in recent times, it’s a platform where hardw...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Cover page Title page Approval page Dedication Abstract Acknowledgment Table of content CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background o...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE PRISON MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA PRISON SERVICE ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Management of prisons in Nigeria has long been a neglected area which has recently been incorpora...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED SPORT LEAGUE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY DELTA STATE FOOTBALL LEAGUE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A sports league is a group of sports teams or individual athletes that compete against each other...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In some years back many operation were carried out manually. The method used to prepare bills was manual which possibly g...Continue Reading »
6. DEVELOPMENT OF AN ENHANCED CHECK POINTING TECHNIQUE IN GRID COMPUTING USING PROGRAMMER LEVEL CONTROLS» Abstract Grid computing is a collection of computer resources from multiple locations assembled to provide computational services, storage, data or ap...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An Office was described as a place where all the official or paper work are done or performed. Bu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY. Information technology is an essential tool to guest tracking. The faster and more effectively it wo...Continue Reading »
9. The impact of motor insurance policy on the growth and development of the economy (a study of nicon insurance)» THE IMPACT OF MOTOR INSURANCE POLICY ON THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE ECONOMY (A STUDY OF NICON INSURANCE)ABSTRACTThis research work titled “The...Continue Reading »
10. ANALYSIS OF SINGLE AND MULTI-TELLER MODELS OR USING SIMULATION FOR REDUCING WAITING TIME: A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK AND ECO BANK, NIG. LTD» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION This chapter discusses the introductory part of the thesis. It includes the background of the study, research motivat...Continue Reading »