Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 41 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Secondary Data, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Warehouse is where goods and commodities are kept for further clearance. Narrowing it to Nigeria Ports Authority, there are many warehouse where imported consignment and goods are stored. This is cleared by carrying the billing papers from post to post, waiting and wasting much time in seeing who is in charge. Goods that takes about two weeks to berth into the country takes another two weeks to get cleared. This makes the importers and the clearing agents to run from port to port, in search of where the goods were kept.
The introduction of computer in warehousing will enable importers know which and where their goods are kept, as it will always be stipulates on the bill of laden papers. Computer is hereby seen as a way of handling, by systematically organizing them, recording or making notations on them, following up with the appropriate action or the like.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The processing of billing papers for clearance of goods, with manual method has led to omission of many records that ought to be included. This is caused by inaccuracy of the manual billing process.
Due to the inefficiency in manual billing process, billing papers are carried from post to post, waiting for who is in charge, thereby delaying the goods that suppose to be delivered.
More so, goods are not delivered on time, due to the fact, that goods that takes about two weeks to get into the country, still takes another two weeks to be cleared.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this is study is to
- Identify those problems caused by using manual billing clearance
- Finding out the effect of this in Nigeria Ports Authority
- Create computer awareness
- Identify prospects for solution of problems.
1.4. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research, base on the problem and prospect of using computer in Nigeria Ports Authority, will help to develop interest towards computer.
The findings of this research, will also help the management to increase the income generation of Nigeria Ports Authority and smooth running of the warehouse in general.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The researcher will identify all the problems, including the financial constraints of the problems, encounter with the use of manual billing clearance in warehousing.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Due to the financial constraints of the researcher and lack of time, the researcher is concentrating the study in only Nigeria Ports Authority Lagos.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In the past, security was simply a matter of locking the door or storing files in a locked filing cabinet or safe. Today,...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED TEACHER PENSION VERIFICATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF KADUNA STATE PENSION BOARD)» CHAPTER ONE1.1 INTRODUCTIONThe management of Pension Fund in Nigeria is as old as Nigeria itself. Pension fund was introduced by the colonial masters ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION One of the most exciting aspects of the information technology revolution is the combining, telecommunications with compu...Continue Reading »
4. Design And Implementation Of A Computer Based Income Tax (A Case Study Of Board Of Internal Revenue Enugu)» AbstractThis project topic is going to be research to know how computer help in income tax appraisal for small business Operations. Like its mode of o...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED HOTEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF GATEWAY HOTEL IBARA, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE)» ABSTRACT This project is based computerized Hotel and management into gateway Hotel Ibara Abeokunta. This now introduced system solve all the problems...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Record Keeping is the process of collecting, inputting, storing, classifying, summarizing and interpreting data. Record k...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work identifies the challenges facing police departments that seek to implement computerized crime tracking information systems....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 IntroductionAll organizations, however large or small, need to keep certain records, some because the law requires them, an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 INSIGHT TO ONLINE MARKETPLACE Online Market, commonly known as e commerce or eCommerce, or e business consists of the buy...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN SEISMIC DATA PROCESSING» ABSTRACT Oil industry is a prominent aspect of modern economy and as it were exploration activities are very important for continuity of oil productio...Continue Reading »