Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 41 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Secondary Data, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Warehouse is where goods and commodities are kept for further clearance. Narrowing it to Nigeria Ports Authority, there are many warehouse where imported consignment and goods are stored. This is cleared by carrying the billing papers from post to post, waiting and wasting much time in seeing who is in charge. Goods that takes about two weeks to berth into the country takes another two weeks to get cleared. This makes the importers and the clearing agents to run from port to port, in search of where the goods were kept.
The introduction of computer in warehousing will enable importers know which and where their goods are kept, as it will always be stipulates on the bill of laden papers. Computer is hereby seen as a way of handling, by systematically organizing them, recording or making notations on them, following up with the appropriate action or the like.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The processing of billing papers for clearance of goods, with manual method has led to omission of many records that ought to be included. This is caused by inaccuracy of the manual billing process.
Due to the inefficiency in manual billing process, billing papers are carried from post to post, waiting for who is in charge, thereby delaying the goods that suppose to be delivered.
More so, goods are not delivered on time, due to the fact, that goods that takes about two weeks to get into the country, still takes another two weeks to be cleared.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this is study is to
- Identify those problems caused by using manual billing clearance
- Finding out the effect of this in Nigeria Ports Authority
- Create computer awareness
- Identify prospects for solution of problems.
1.4. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research, base on the problem and prospect of using computer in Nigeria Ports Authority, will help to develop interest towards computer.
The findings of this research, will also help the management to increase the income generation of Nigeria Ports Authority and smooth running of the warehouse in general.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The researcher will identify all the problems, including the financial constraints of the problems, encounter with the use of manual billing clearance in warehousing.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Due to the financial constraints of the researcher and lack of time, the researcher is concentrating the study in only Nigeria Ports Authority Lagos.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AN IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER BASED SEAPORT BILLING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN PORT AUTHORITY LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria Ports Authority is a government owned organization under the supervision of the federal M...Continue Reading »
» project on online hotel reservation systemCHAPTER ONE CHAPTER: INTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the StudyThe importance of computer and its application h...Continue Reading »
» An identity document, also called a piece of identification or ID is any document which may be used to verify a person's personal identity. In schools...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Digital Library System (DLS) extends and integrate approaches adopted in traditional libraries as well as in distributed ...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A ON LINE BIRTH RATE MONITORING INFORMATION SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF UNITED NATION CHILDREN FUND (UNICEF)» ABSTRACTThis project is specially put together with the aim of monitoring infant and matality rate through the use of information system, it is believ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTIONThe office management information system is the control center for the property and workers at the supervisory level and ab...Continue Reading »
» TACKLING INSURGENCY USING CRYPTOGRAPHYCHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYCommunication is an essential key during military conflict. In...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE VEHICLE AND PLATE NUMBER REGISTRATION AND IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Vehicle Registration in Nigeria began over 100 years ago and the records have been essentially manual which in turn has n...Continue Reading »
9. Design And Implementation Of Computerized Economic Growth Monitoring System (Case Study Of Federal Ministry Of Finance)» Abstract Federal Ministry of Finance has always monitoring how economic growth is moving in this Nation. After the granting of internal autonomy to re...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYComputer security is information security as applied to computers and networks. The field covers all...Continue Reading »