Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 41 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Secondary Data, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Warehouse is where goods and commodities are kept for further clearance. Narrowing it to Nigeria Ports Authority, there are many warehouse where imported consignment and goods are stored. This is cleared by carrying the billing papers from post to post, waiting and wasting much time in seeing who is in charge. Goods that takes about two weeks to berth into the country takes another two weeks to get cleared. This makes the importers and the clearing agents to run from port to port, in search of where the goods were kept.
The introduction of computer in warehousing will enable importers know which and where their goods are kept, as it will always be stipulates on the bill of laden papers. Computer is hereby seen as a way of handling, by systematically organizing them, recording or making notations on them, following up with the appropriate action or the like.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The processing of billing papers for clearance of goods, with manual method has led to omission of many records that ought to be included. This is caused by inaccuracy of the manual billing process.
Due to the inefficiency in manual billing process, billing papers are carried from post to post, waiting for who is in charge, thereby delaying the goods that suppose to be delivered.
More so, goods are not delivered on time, due to the fact, that goods that takes about two weeks to get into the country, still takes another two weeks to be cleared.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this is study is to
- Identify those problems caused by using manual billing clearance
- Finding out the effect of this in Nigeria Ports Authority
- Create computer awareness
- Identify prospects for solution of problems.
1.4. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research, base on the problem and prospect of using computer in Nigeria Ports Authority, will help to develop interest towards computer.
The findings of this research, will also help the management to increase the income generation of Nigeria Ports Authority and smooth running of the warehouse in general.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The researcher will identify all the problems, including the financial constraints of the problems, encounter with the use of manual billing clearance in warehousing.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Due to the financial constraints of the researcher and lack of time, the researcher is concentrating the study in only Nigeria Ports Authority Lagos.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The advent of computer system and other information and communication technologies have been experiencing continuous technolo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction The importance of Cloud Computing is increasing and it is receiving a growing attention in the scientific and industrial ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Multi Level Marketing is a very popular business model in the Western countries. It is a kind of hybrid of the method of distribution of good...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED OFFICE INVENTORY SYSTEM (A Case Study Of Nbc Plc 9th Mile Corner Ngwo)» ABSTRACTThis project is on design and implementation of a computerized office inventory system that is based on a system of valuation known as office ...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION COMPUTERIZED POWER MONITORING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY NIGERIA, PHCN, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction In a world like ours today there is every need to manage funds in every activity being carried out. It is th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe paper examines the design and implementation of a computerized reference management system. The research project was carried out to solve ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Title page Ap...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe difficulties students record office usually face in any higher institution, made us to realize that computer assisted record system is the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE1.0 IntroductionExpert system for human nutrition analysis is an expert system for diagnosing, controlling, and monitoring human nutrition....Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A VIRTUAL E-LEARNING SYSTEM (A Case Study of Lagos State University)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Virtual e learning is a system designed to help students gain access and acquire knowledge in any...Continue Reading »