Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 51 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
In most of our institutions of higher learning it has become a common practice for the lecturers to be physically present in the classroom in order to deliver lectures to students. This norm is part of the reasons for the inefficiencies and backwardness being recorded in our educational sector as both the lecturers and students are restrained to specific time and space. Learning through this conventional means is no longer in vogue since the emergence of information and communication technology. Also the students are known to be more engaged in a learning process when they are in control over the process according to their needs, lacks or wants. Though literatures reviewed that a lot of work has been done on the computer aided learning, but while the previous works centred on just the use of computer in learning. This work brings into consideration some individual differences such as personal attitude towards learning.
The research work is concerned with the development of an efficient, reliable and accurate computer assisting learning system on introduction to computer hardware components to junior secondary school students.
The term computer Assisted learning (CAL) covers a range of computer based packages, which aim to provide interactive instruction usually in a specific subject area and many predate the internet. The research work is concerned with the development of an efficient, reliable and accurate computer assisting learning system on introduction to hardware components to junior secondary school students. This is made possible by the use of computer through efficient and accurate programming activity, which is just a mental process of problem analysis and program design in most developing countries presently. It is globally known that some students often have problem in understanding the various hardware components.
A lot of problems are associated with the traditional way of teaching computer because it uses manual approach to impact knowledge to students which makes it time ineffective, time wasting and high level of energy dissipation. In this new system I intend to reduce the problem student encounter during classroom learning by interactive tutor, which gives the student the feeling of being aided by a teacher to make learning easier, friendly and less stressful for students.
As the entire global launcher is fast into an age of information technology the need to keep this trend cannot be over emphasized. Therefore, this research work tends to critically take a survey of the traditional class mode of learning/teaching in particular secondary and tertiary institution which is plagued with specific problems and to provide the technological teaching/learning approach through a computer based system to complement the existing method and eliminate the problem raised as a result of adopting such method. Some of the problems arising from the use of the traditional class mode of teaching and learning are as follows;
1. The loss of learning /teaching aid in traditional class mode of teaching, there is always a lot of items/aids used in passing instructions to students for more clarity and understanding, this usually comes in either paper, wooden and casted forms. The items may sometimes get lost in the process of usage by the students or sometimes destroyed by rain or other weather conditions.
2. The boredom experience by the students and the teachers due to the monotonous single way of learning and teaching daily.
3. Regular absenteeism from the class of the students.
4. Laziness displayed by some teacher due to use of chalk and blackboard.
5. Lack of enthusiasm on part of the student learning experience.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The main purpose of the work is to develop a system that can teach Junior Secondary school Students Computer Hardware Components. While the specific objectives are:
i. To deliver lectures on basic computer hardware components contained in J.S.S Curriculum.
ii. To evaluate students based on lecture received.
1.4 Scope of the Project
This research work covers the study of computer hardware components as contained in Government Girls Junior Secondary School Katsina Metropolis.
1.5 Definition of Terms
i. Computer: Is an electronic device that accepts processes, stores and output data at high speeds according to programmed instruction.
ii. Tutorial: A chapter of book or manual, or a section of a computer program, designed to provide instrument or training using exercise and assignment.
iii. Software: Programs and applications that can be run on a computer system, e.g word processing package or database packages.
iv. Website: An addressing identifying the location of the file on the internet, consisting of the protocol, the computer on which the file is located, and the file’s location on that computer.
v. Internet: A network that links computer networks all over the world by satellite and telephone, connecting users with service such as e-mail and the world wide web.
vi. Computer-aided Instruction (“assisted” or CAI) Is Defined as the use of Computers and software application to teach Concepts or Skills.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. omputer Base Network Security And Firewalls In Banking System (A Case Study Of Diamond Bank Nig Plc Owerri)» Abstract The degree of incidence of an organization that services to customer such as banks security depends on speed and accuracy with the service pe...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE ROAD TRANSPORT BOOKING SYSTEM (USING NSTA MINNA AS CASE STUDY)» .CHAPTER ONE. .INTRODUCTION. 1.0 .INTRODUCTION. In this Chapter, the author. will be presenting sections on the background study of the Booking System...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF STAFF REMUNERATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF RITMAN COLLEGE, IKOT EKPENE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Introduction Remuneration is the monetary compensation that one receives exchange for the work or services performed. Typical...Continue Reading »
» Abstract There are around 200+ different currencies used in different countries around the world. Conversion from one currency to another is a very im...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SUIT FOR ACADEMIC PLANNING UNIT (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE UNIVERSITY OWERRI)» ABSTRACT The formulation of a good academic planning is only the first implementation putting the academic program plan into action. this requires tha...Continue Reading »
6. DEVELOPMENT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM IN THE SERVICE DELIVERY (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In today’s world Development of Management Information System it played a vital role in the service delivery. The area ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In the olden days, financial institution in Nigeria did almost all their transactions manually, t...Continue Reading »
» (CASE STUDY OF KWARA STATE POLYTECHNIC)CHAPTER ONE1.1 INTRODUCTION Geo information system is an acronym for Geographic Information system. It is a sys...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Information systems are employed by organizations for the collection, filtering, processing, creation and distribution of data. In healthcare...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work has looked into the use of multi media in teaching and learning of computer science, a case study of Oredo local government...Continue Reading »