Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-7 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
As the complexity and degree of crimes wider, system Nigeria new technology will have to be utilized to aid lawyers and criminologist to fight this tends, on computerized crime record will offer a solution on this issue. It is a software set up in order to meet the information needs of every part of the agency about crime record. The software is divided into four different sections: Criminal record, case record, cases and tutorial.
Crime record gives information on any offence selected by the user; case record store all relevant information on any case handled by the expert, case given already decided cases depending on the choice of the users tutorial teaches or explains certain thing son crime record. The aim behind the design of this software is to model a computerized crime record system to enable professional and non-professional to handle criminal related matters with ease.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
1.2 PURPOSE OF STUDY
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
2.1 LITERATURE REVIEW
CHAPTER THREE: DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
3.1 FACT FINDING METHODS USED
3.2 ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE
3.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
3.4 INPUT, PROCESS, OUTPUT ANALYSIS
3.5 INFORMATION FLOW DIAGRAM
3.6 PROBLEMS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
3.7 JUSTIFICATION FOR THE VIEW SYSTEM
CHAPTER FOUR: DESIGN OF THE NEW SYSTEM
4.1 DESIGN OF THE NEW SYSTEM
4.2 OUTPUT SPECIFICATION AND DESIGN
4.3 INPUT SPECIFICATION AND DESIGN
4.4 SYSTEM FLOW CHART
4.5 SYSTEM REQUIREMENT
4.6 PROCEDURE CHART
CHAPTER FIVE: IMPLEMENTATION
5.1 PROGRAM DESIGN
5.2 PROGRAM FLOWCHART
5.4 SOURCE PROGRAM
5.5 TEST RUN
CHAPTER SIX: DOCUMENTATION
6.1 SYSTEM DOCUMENTATION
6.2 PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION
6.3 USER DOCUMENTATION
CHAPTER SEVEN: CONCLUSION & RECOMMENDATION
WHAT IS A CRIME RECORD SYSTEM?
It should come as no surprise, then, that technology continue our limited, though uniquely human capabilities. Until recently, most of these productivity tools were developed as aids to perform brute labour or clerical tasks infact, the computer has become widely accepted as an assistant that is exceptionally competence at well defined, repetitive tasks. Now researchers have developed and entirely new kinds of tool of computer that serves as an assistant whose skills include finding reasonable solution to problem for which there may be no hard and fast “right” answers. At this point one can say that a crime records are computer system that uses extensive experience-base knowledge of a subject to give intelligently in the same way s a human expert for instance imagine a machine that can listen to your medical problems with an expert diagnostician and even prescribe therapies to alleviate your disease.
A computerized crime record system can generally decide on the next step to be taken in a problem solving issue. traditionally, computer software has used an algorithmic or procedural approach to problem solving in other words it sued a rigid step-by-step approach. But to be able to function correctly, of all the possible combinations of input and data values have to be including in the program. This manually manipulation of case in state CID (i.e. Enugu state CID headquarters) involve two levels, the data and the code or control. But this approach is that complex task require complex codes, and to aid new information.
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
During the analysis and data collection of this project, it was discovered there has existed a manual form of storing and keeping information for future use on crime record at state CID Enugu. That is to say that the process of daily task and activities are done manually quite unfortunately, manually procedural for job execution delays and reduces ones output quality.
Manual crime record keeping has resulted in many set lacks to the expected standard. The bottleneck encountered includes:
· Time wasted and resultants long quarries
· Partial or total loss of file or documents
· Under recording of criminal analysis
· Exposures of confidential matters
· Inefficiency of some members of staff due to laziness in searching of the files.
As a result of these problem, the manual system of crime record system information storage, input and retrieval is very clumsy: inefficient and unbelievable.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This text on crime record on computer is developed to carryout tedious work and activities perform by human beings, in which they end up misplacing and discarding some important files and case records. But if this (computerized crime record) is installed it will render remedy to this case.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The main aims and objective of the system are:
· To use computerized crime record system to replace some extent of human role in cases of unavailability of job
· To provide quick reference to an expert opinion
Also the main behind the design of this software is to model a computerized crime record to enable professionals and non-professional.
The scope of this project is limited to the same of crime record by Enugu State CID. And this crime includes: rape, arson, fire-outbreak, murder, stealing, armed robbery, and other ones you will find in the project as time goes on.
1.5 DEFINITION OF TERMS
To fully understand what the study is all about, important and dispensable terms have been chosen and due definition given to them.
- Computer: This is an electronic device operated under the control of instruction stored in its memory unit which can accept and store data for future use as well as produce output from the processing.
- User interface: The human computer interface or user interface technology allows users to interact with the system. The user presents the problem and the conclusion presented to him/her.
- Knowledge Base: This is the most important element of a record system; since it holds expert’s problem solving knowledge. It is where the knowledge elicited from the expert is stored. To put it in a short form, one can say that it is the medium through which a human expert’s knowledge is made available to the computer.
- Inference Engine: This is the part of the program which reasons and determines how to apply the knowledge into the knowledge base, to the facts and premises presented at the user interface it perform this task in order to deduces new fact which are used to draw further conclusions. The interface engine is the active component of an expert system, since it steers through knowledge base and progress the whole interaction.
- Crime Record: Crime record and criminal proceedings are concerned with wrongs regarded as committed by the individual against society for which guilty individuals must be punished. Therefore the objective of criminal proceedings are to determine the guilt or innocence of the accused person and if that person is found to be quality, the wrongdoer must be punished and protect the society, and rehabilitate the offender.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Design And Implementation Of A Computerized Documentation System Of Court Proceedings (A Case Study Of Federal High Court Enugu State)» Abstract As the complexity and degrees of crimes widen, system using new technology will have to be utilized to aid lawyers etc to fight this tends. J...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Employment directory is a database of individuals which provides a list, usually in alphabetical order, of people’s nam...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A vehicle is a mobile machine that transports passengers or cargo. Most often, vehicles are manuf...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION 0F AN ONLINE VEHICLE AND PLATE NUMBER REGISTRATION AND IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTIONVehicle Registration in Nigeria began over 100 years ago and the records have been essentially manual which in turn has no...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Products are considered as the business resources for the organization. This includes managing the product with appropria...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Massive integration of information technology into all aspects of modern life caused demand for proce...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This project work automates school management system. In the system two applications are developed, Windows based (thick client) and Web base...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTPayroll is a weekly list of employees which shows all the details relating to their pay. A payroll system is used to prepare the salary of emp...Continue Reading »
9. COMPUTER MEDIATED COMMUNICATION AND ISSUES OF TRUST: A STUDY OF THE USE OF SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE AMONGST STUDENTS OF CANTERBURY HIGH SCHOOL, AJAH-LEK...» ABSTRACT There are a number of barriers to trust in the online environment. Despite the awareness of online dangers, young adults take risk on posting...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionThis chapter presents the introduction to an intelligence based system for students performance evaluation. It ...Continue Reading »