Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
A car rental or car hire agency is a company that rents automobiles for short period of time for a fee whether in a few hours or a few days or week. It is an elaborate form of a rental shop, often organized with numerous local branches (which allow auser to return a vehicle to a different location), and primarily 'located near airports orbusy city areas and often complemented by a website allowing online reservations.
Car rental agencies primarily serve people who have a car that is temporarily out Of reach or out of service, for example travellers who are out of town or owners of damaged or destroyed vehicles who are awaiting repair or insurance compensation.
Because of the variety of sizes of their vehicles, car rental agencies may also serve the self-moving industry needs, by renting vans or trucks, and in certain markets other types of vehicles such as motorcycles or scooters may also be offered (Mohd, 2012).
Car rental companies operate by purchasing or leasing a number of fleet vehicles and renting them to their customers for a fee. Rental fleets can be structured in several ways – they can be owned outright (these are known as ‘risk vehicles’ because the car rental operator is taking a risk on how much the vehicle will be sold for when it is removed from service), they can be leased, or they can be owned under a guaranteed buy-back program arranged directly through a manufacturer or manufacturer’s financial arm (Walter, 2012).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In an organization running a car rental service, the Process on searching the client details is slow if the company is using manual system and there are thousands of clients. Besides that, staffs have to record the booking manually and it is difficult to produce a monthly report or an annual report. Manual system does not allow client to booking online and hard to keep track on the record of rental cars.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of the study is to design and implementation a car rental system for an organization, case study of ile-ife, osun state. Specific objectives of the study are:
1. To develop a simple and secure system that protects client’s information and confidential information of the organization.
2. To design a user friendly system that enables client check for availability of vehicle and book or reserve a vehicle online.
3. To design a system that enables clients pay their car rent online in ile-ife, osun state.
4. To develop a system that stores bookings and reservation information as well as payment history to help the organization keep track of transactions in ile-ife, osun state.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research project will help solve the numerous problems associated with the manual way of doing things. Errors, waste of precious time will be eliminated with the system. This will in turn enhance productivity and efficiency in the organization.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The system will be designed using MYSQL and PHP programming languages.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Car Rental: A car rental, hire car, or car hire agency is a company that rents automobiles for short periods of time, generally ranging from a few hours to a few weeks.
Management Information System: A management information system (MIS) focuses on the management of information systems to provide efficiency and effectiveness of strategic decision making.
(CRMS): Car Rental Management System is a web-based vehicle reservation system.
"Walter L. Jacobs, 88; Rent-a-Car Pioneer". LA Times. 1985-02-08. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
MOHD, K.B. (2012). ‘Rental Car Online System’ unpublished paper submitted for the requirement of a degree in Computer Science.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 General Overview In recent years, the technology of database has become more advanced where large amount of data is r...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The success of sustainable urban transportation is based on selecting the optimal design and serv...Continue Reading »
» 1.0 INTRODUCTIONThis project is about integration of intelligent traffic control system, for the types of collisions, congestions and traffics rules. ...Continue Reading »
4. DEVELOPMENT OF AN ENHANCED CHECK POINTING TECHNIQUE IN GRID COMPUTING USING PROGRAMMER LEVEL CONTROLS» Abstract Grid computing is a collection of computer resources from multiple locations assembled to provide computational services, storage, data or ap...Continue Reading »
5. Cultivation of plasmodium falciparum and antiplasmodia screening of methanol extract of ocimum basilicum (scent leaf)» CULTIVATION OF PLASMODIUM FALCIPARUM AND ANTIPLASMODIA SCREENING OF METHANOL EXTRACT OF OCIMUM BASILICUM (SCENT LEAF)ABSTRACTThe methanol extract of O...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY. Information technology is an essential tool to guest tracking. The faster and more effectively it wo...Continue Reading »
» AbstractRegistration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, is organised by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, for ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The online food ordering system is one of the latest servicers most fast food restaurants in the west...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SPRINGLIGHT TECHNOLOGY, UYO)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION Project management establishments like Springlight Technology, Treasure property& project manage...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF EXPERT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR AUTOMOBILE FAULT DETECTION AND DIAGNOSIS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In present time most households own at least one car. This figure shows that a car is very important to people’s lives ...Continue Reading »