Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
A car rental or car hire agency is a company that rents automobiles for short period of time for a fee whether in a few hours or a few days or week. It is an elaborate form of a rental shop, often organized with numerous local branches (which allow auser to return a vehicle to a different location), and primarily 'located near airports orbusy city areas and often complemented by a website allowing online reservations.
Car rental agencies primarily serve people who have a car that is temporarily out Of reach or out of service, for example travellers who are out of town or owners of damaged or destroyed vehicles who are awaiting repair or insurance compensation.
Because of the variety of sizes of their vehicles, car rental agencies may also serve the self-moving industry needs, by renting vans or trucks, and in certain markets other types of vehicles such as motorcycles or scooters may also be offered (Mohd, 2012).
Car rental companies operate by purchasing or leasing a number of fleet vehicles and renting them to their customers for a fee. Rental fleets can be structured in several ways – they can be owned outright (these are known as ‘risk vehicles’ because the car rental operator is taking a risk on how much the vehicle will be sold for when it is removed from service), they can be leased, or they can be owned under a guaranteed buy-back program arranged directly through a manufacturer or manufacturer’s financial arm (Walter, 2012).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In an organization running a car rental service, the Process on searching the client details is slow if the company is using manual system and there are thousands of clients. Besides that, staffs have to record the booking manually and it is difficult to produce a monthly report or an annual report. Manual system does not allow client to booking online and hard to keep track on the record of rental cars.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of the study is to design and implementation a car rental system for an organization, case study of ile-ife, osun state. Specific objectives of the study are:
1. To develop a simple and secure system that protects client’s information and confidential information of the organization.
2. To design a user friendly system that enables client check for availability of vehicle and book or reserve a vehicle online.
3. To design a system that enables clients pay their car rent online in ile-ife, osun state.
4. To develop a system that stores bookings and reservation information as well as payment history to help the organization keep track of transactions in ile-ife, osun state.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research project will help solve the numerous problems associated with the manual way of doing things. Errors, waste of precious time will be eliminated with the system. This will in turn enhance productivity and efficiency in the organization.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The system will be designed using MYSQL and PHP programming languages.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Car Rental: A car rental, hire car, or car hire agency is a company that rents automobiles for short periods of time, generally ranging from a few hours to a few weeks.
Management Information System: A management information system (MIS) focuses on the management of information systems to provide efficiency and effectiveness of strategic decision making.
(CRMS): Car Rental Management System is a web-based vehicle reservation system.
"Walter L. Jacobs, 88; Rent-a-Car Pioneer". LA Times. 1985-02-08. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
MOHD, K.B. (2012). ‘Rental Car Online System’ unpublished paper submitted for the requirement of a degree in Computer Science.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThis project study is focused on the design and development of security package for the Access Point Communication Limited.This research work ...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 429 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Ludo (latin word “ludus” "I play") is a board game for two to four players, in which ...Continue Reading »
28 pages | 205 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Traditionally, high control in home and office environments takes place through switches (on/off)...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 294 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED TRAFFIC OFFENCE DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM (CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY COMMISSIONER, ENUGU) (Computer Sc...» ABSTRACT This project is carried out in order to develop computer based Traffic Offence documentation system to all aviate the problems incurred in Fe...Continue Reading »
42 pages | 270 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In recent years there has been a significant increase in shopping online especially among young ...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 384 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Record Keeping is the process of collecting, inputting, storing, classifying, summarizing and interpreting data. Record k...Continue Reading »
100 pages | 297 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
7. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED ANTENATAL INFORAMTION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF PARK-LANE HOSPITAL)» ABSTRACT The Antenatal unit in the outpatient Department of any hospital letters for medical advices and treatments to payment mothers before delivery...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 49 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Generally, computer has played an important role in global economy in various ways. The Computer is used in many differen...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 483 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED TRANSCRIPT GENERATING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT,UNIVERISTY OF CALABAR)» ABSTRACT The system solves the problem of missing results of students in tertiary institutions and the system proffers a fast and accurate system for ...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 733 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The introduction of computer into the information technology has tremendously effect on the information of organizations ...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 234 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE