Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
A car rental or car hire agency is a company that rents automobiles for short period of time for a fee whether in a few hours or a few days or week. It is an elaborate form of a rental shop, often organized with numerous local branches (which allow auser to return a vehicle to a different location), and primarily 'located near airports orbusy city areas and often complemented by a website allowing online reservations.
Car rental agencies primarily serve people who have a car that is temporarily out Of reach or out of service, for example travellers who are out of town or owners of damaged or destroyed vehicles who are awaiting repair or insurance compensation.
Because of the variety of sizes of their vehicles, car rental agencies may also serve the self-moving industry needs, by renting vans or trucks, and in certain markets other types of vehicles such as motorcycles or scooters may also be offered (Mohd, 2012).
Car rental companies operate by purchasing or leasing a number of fleet vehicles and renting them to their customers for a fee. Rental fleets can be structured in several ways – they can be owned outright (these are known as ‘risk vehicles’ because the car rental operator is taking a risk on how much the vehicle will be sold for when it is removed from service), they can be leased, or they can be owned under a guaranteed buy-back program arranged directly through a manufacturer or manufacturer’s financial arm (Walter, 2012).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In an organization running a car rental service, the Process on searching the client details is slow if the company is using manual system and there are thousands of clients. Besides that, staffs have to record the booking manually and it is difficult to produce a monthly report or an annual report. Manual system does not allow client to booking online and hard to keep track on the record of rental cars.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main objective of the study is to design and implementation a car rental system for an organization, case study of ile-ife, osun state. Specific objectives of the study are:
1. To develop a simple and secure system that protects client’s information and confidential information of the organization.
2. To design a user friendly system that enables client check for availability of vehicle and book or reserve a vehicle online.
3. To design a system that enables clients pay their car rent online in ile-ife, osun state.
4. To develop a system that stores bookings and reservation information as well as payment history to help the organization keep track of transactions in ile-ife, osun state.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research project will help solve the numerous problems associated with the manual way of doing things. Errors, waste of precious time will be eliminated with the system. This will in turn enhance productivity and efficiency in the organization.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The system will be designed using MYSQL and PHP programming languages.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Car Rental: A car rental, hire car, or car hire agency is a company that rents automobiles for short periods of time, generally ranging from a few hours to a few weeks.
Management Information System: A management information system (MIS) focuses on the management of information systems to provide efficiency and effectiveness of strategic decision making.
(CRMS): Car Rental Management System is a web-based vehicle reservation system.
"Walter L. Jacobs, 88; Rent-a-Car Pioneer". LA Times. 1985-02-08. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
MOHD, K.B. (2012). ‘Rental Car Online System’ unpublished paper submitted for the requirement of a degree in Computer Science.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF INTERNET AND THE WAY IT INFLUENCE STUDENTS READING CULTURE (Case study of selected primary schools in Edo State)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYReading is an essential tool for lifelong learning. It is important for everyone to develop the rudi...Continue Reading »
45 pages | 222 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT A Text to speech application is a synthesizer software that converts text into spoken word, by analyzing and processing the text using Natura...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 168 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN EXPERT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR AUTOMOBILE FAULT DETECTION AND DIAGNOSIS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In present time most households own at least one car. This figure shows that a car is very important to people’s lives ...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 465 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Drug procurement and distribution tracking system is a set of computer programs that obtains the supplies of drugs, distribute the drugs and ...Continue Reading »
87 pages | 110 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In the advanced world like China, Britain, Australia and the United State of America, ticketing s...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 428 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» (A CASE STUDY OF ESUT, PARKLANE, ENUGU)ABSTRACTThe intention of this paper is aimed at the systematic analysis of information system needs for an inte...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 601 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
8. Design And Implementation Of Student Rating Of Teacher Effectiveness System (A Case Study Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University)» CHAPTER ONEGENERAL INTRODUCTION1.0 INTRODUCTIONTeacher rating is one of the topics which require pertinent attention by our education regulatory syste...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 319 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED MARKET INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF 9TH MILE CORNER NGWO)» ABSTRACTThis research is intended to highlight the role of a computerized market information system for the Nigerian breweries located in 9th Mile Cor...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 227 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The design and implementation of a web based registration portal for Cadets of NDA is a process of nation building and should not be undermin...Continue Reading »
102 pages | 30 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE