Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
Image steganography is the science of hiding data for securing confidential communication and it is the most popular type of carrier to hold information. Many algorithms have been proposed to hide information into digital images. The least significant bit algorithm (LSB) as one of the algorithms proposed is widely used in message embedding. However, the robustness of the algorithm based on LSB is low. The hidden message is usually destroyed when some image operations like resizing, cropping and rotation are applied to the stego-image. To overcome this limitation, this work proposed an improved image steganography based on least significant bit matching revisited (LSBMR) using Sobel edge detection that withstands image operations like resizing, rotation and cropping. The proposed method employs 2-dimensional discrete cosine transformation (2D-DCT) to transform the detected edges of the cover image pixel value into its coefficient, embeds the secret message in the coefficients of the detected edges of the cover image which was implemented in Netbeans IDE. Experimental results produced better stego-image quality that is robust against multiple image operations such as resizing and cropping. The statistical steganalysis tools such as Virtual Steganographic Laboratory (VSL) and StegExpose cannot detect the presence of secret information in the stego-image. Also, the proposed system generated stego-image with Peak Signal to Noise Ratio (PSNR) that is an image quality metric of 68 decibels (dB) for 8000 bits of secret message as regards to the invisibility over the existing steganography technique.
This chapter discusses the introductory part of this dissertation, which includes the background to the study, problem statements and research motivation, the research aim and objectives, research methodology, contribution to knowledge and finally the organization of the rest of the dissertation.
1.1 Background to the Study
Recently, people exchange information using the existing communication technologies such as the internet and huge volume of data transfer takes place via the plethora of services offered by the web. This information can be very sensitive and need to be protected against any attacker who tries to intercept them during the transmission stage. According to Ratnakirti et al., (2013), data over internet may be stolen, intercepted, illegally modified or even destroyed by an adversary resulting in intellectual property rights infringement, data loss, data leakage and data damage. Transmitting top secret information cannot be solely relied on the existing communication channels because the technologies are vulnerable to attacks Osama, (2005) and exchanged information can be detected relatively easily. Therefore, it is vital to protect the privacy and confidentiality of top secret message during its transit through the internet. To preserve the privacy and confidentiality of important data over the internet it must be provided with a metaphorical envelope such that its contents are revealed only to the intended receiver Ratnakirti et al., (2013) without arousing suspicions. Data hiding techniques such as steganography precisely aim at performing this task.
The steganography technique has been used many years ago to convey
secret messages. For instance, Greek historian Herodotus was the first
to document the usage of steganography to send messages (Aubrey, 1996). A
slave was sent by his master to deliver a secret message tattooed on
his scalp. After the message was tattooed, the slave waited until his
hair grew back and concealed the message. The most popular
steganographic methods between the 13th and 16th century involved
written text. One method used a mask, a paper with holes, shared between
the sender and recipient. The mask was simply put over the text and the
message was revealed. Francis Bacon realized that two different fonts
for each letter can be applied to embed binary representations of
messages. Holub, (2014), stated that ―Brewster devised a very original
technique in 1857, which was later used in several wars‖.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Massive integration of information technology into all aspects of modern life caused demand for proce...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study A digit is a numeric symbol (such as "2" or "5") used in combination...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD PROCESSING SYSTEM (A Case Study Of Immigration National Identity Card Management In...» ABSTRACTThis project is aimed at improving along lasting processing and administration system on Immigration National Identity card Management Informa...Continue Reading »
5. Design Of A National Identity Card System (a Case Study Of National Identity Card, Ngwo Local Government Area Enugu State» ABSTRACTThis project is aimed at improving along lasting processing and administration system on National Identity card. It is also aimed at keeping r...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Automated Teller Machines (ATM) are devices used by bank customers to process account transaction...Continue Reading »
7. Design and Implementation of an Automated Matriculation Number Generation and Allocation System for Tertiary Institutions» The purpose of this computer science project research topic is to automate the process of the creation and allocation of matriculation numbers for fre...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project was centered on cash receipt generating system. The current process of cash receipt generation is being operated manually and du...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE OUTPATIENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF SOKOTO SPECIALIST HOSPITAL» ABSTRACT Outpatient management systems in hospital today necessitate a competent administration when handling patients, generating reports, patient de...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Staff Evaluation is the systematic analysis or review of the performance of employees in an organisat...Continue Reading »