Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 76 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Polyurethane foam otherwise known as expanded polymer products are group of materials developed as gotten by there action between alcohol with two or more reactive hydroxyl group per molecule. This branch of polymer technology are finding increasing applications in many field of engineering including arts and sciences. Foam was discovered as a result of man’s strong desire in quest to his environment. There are many kinds of foam based on their inherent features such as high rigidity, stiffness per unit weight of polymer thermal and acoustical insulating properties. Cushioning properties or shock absorbency characteristics, low internal stresses of foamed mouldings and ease of forming. As a result of these, extensive range of materials and manufactured articles with different applications are produced from polymer.
The three types of foams are flexible, rigid and semi-rigid foams. It’s used in many structural applications where they form light weight care. Cellular products contains gas usually air, within their structures, they have lower thermal conductivity and are therefore good thermal insulants. Because foams able to dissipate energy reversible and storage capacity. They are used in cushions and are exploited in upholstery bedding laminated clothing and packaging.
Every polymer can be produced in cellular form but these that have been extensively used includes, polyurethane, polystyrene, polyethylene, polyethylene, poly- (vinyl chloride), cellulose acetate, phenolies epoxides, urea-formaldehyde resins, silicones naturally rubber e.g. later from which is made from liquid starting material; sponge rubber and expanded rubber, both made from solid materials. Cellular plastics are basically of two types, flexible foam and rigid or structural foam. They may also be classified according to density as low density foam (< 100kg/m3), medium density foam (600-1000kg/m3).
Cellular polymers may have either an open-cell structure in which the cells are closed separate units (unicellular foams) and may contain gas or air. Materials with open-cell structures have high permeability’s to liquid and gases but because closed – cell structures contains air, their elastic moduli in compression are higher and they have the best thermal insulations.
Polyethylene foams can be produced by injection moulding or may be processed by special machines designed to measure the required ratio of chemical, mixing them together and dispense the reaction mixture in predetermined amounts. There has been continuous development of machine for processing along side the development of polyethylene technology.
Based on the environmental impact and protechona, new dimensions to further challenges in the development of polyethylene technology has taken place which have contributed to the increasing application of polyethylene in our daily lives from foam resistant coating.
As a matter of facts, this research project is centered on flexible foam of higher density and characterization and different types of polymeric reactions could produce different materials like plastics rubber, filmos, fire surface coating and adhesive. As a result of variation in reaction hydroxyl groups of alcohol and isocyanate, senies of polyethylene products have been produced. This ranges from flexible soft and revilement material to hard, brittle and rigid.
Generally, four bare isocyanates and a range of polyol of different molecular weight and functionalities are used in the production of whole spectrum of polyethylene products/materials.
As the case may be, various types of foams with different characteristics features are produced by varying the medium, mixing ratio etc.
1.1 PROBLEM STATEMENT
Based on the fact that some raw materials are gotten from out petrochenueal industries/chemical industries, these unused materials are property channeled to effective use in producing polymer materials e.g. foam, such materials are toluenemdi-isocyanata, polyether, resin, polyol, etc.
1.2 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
This project/research is aimed at producing polyethylene foam that could be used or applied in various fields to satisfy human wants in Nigeria particularly and the world in general.
It is expected that if this research project is successful, a medium-layer scale industries would be established to best foam production.
Thirdly, an employment opportunity would be created for many Nigerians and would also bring foreign exchange to the country and also attract foreign investors to come into Nigeria.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR CHEMISTRY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Many of the developing countries including African countries like Nigeria practice traditional medicine as its main sourc...Continue Reading »
2. ASSESSMENT OF THE QUALITY AND STABILITY OF ETHANOL EXTRACTS OF CONOIDES MILLER AND LONGUM NIGRUM (CAPSICUM ANNUUM).» ABSTRACT Available synthetic colour additives used in food have been shown to exhibit genotoxic effects and pose several potential health hazards to h...Continue Reading »
3. The role of plants in the treatment of diseases caused by micro-organisms based in the natural products (pure and applied chemistry)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUNG OF STUDY 1.1.1 Phyllantus This is a genus of the family Euphorbiaceae. It was first identified in Central and ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Tris buffer solution was prepared in the laboratory by dissolving 4.6g of boric acid, 6.5g of EDTA and 60.5g of trisma base in 1000cm3 of dis...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis miller) is a perennial plant of Liliacea with turgid green leaves joined at the stem in a ros...Continue Reading »
6. CHARACTERIZATION AND UTILIZATION OF ACTIVATEDTAMARIND KERNEL POWDER IN INDUSTRIAL WASTE - WATER TREATMENT» ABSTRACT Activated tamarind kernel powderwas prepared from tamarind seed(Tamarindus indica);and utilized for the removal of Acid Red 1, Reactive Orang...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF CARBON MONOXIDE (CO) LEVEL IN ENUGU METROPOLIS MONITORING INDUSTRIAL AND RESIDENTIAL AREA» ABSTRACT Air pollutions pollutant showed that the extent of spreading depends on the motor vehicle traffic population of the area. This pollution stro...Continue Reading »
8. DETERMINATION OF POLYCHLORINATED BIPHENYL RESIDUES IN SOIL OF SELECTED TRANSFORMER MAINTENANCE WORKSHOPS IN KADUNA AND ZARIA METROPOLIS, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT As effective as polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) may be in achieving thermal stability as coolant in transformer oils; spills, decommissionin...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction Increasing demand for the production of energy from renewable sources has fueled a search for alternativ...Continue Reading »
10. EVALUATION OF CHEMICAL COMPOSITIONS and ANTIOXIDANT PROPERTIES OF Mentha Spicata and Cymbopogon Citratus LEAVES» ABSTRACT Evaluation of chemical composition of C. citratus and M. spicata, gave the following proximate composition on dry weight basis: moisture; (1....Continue Reading »