Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 49 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Disinfectants are antimicrobial agents that are applied to non-living objects to destroy micro-organisms that are living on the object. They are different from other antimicrobial agents like antibiotics which destroys micro-organisms within the body and antiseptics, which destroys micro-organisms on living tissues. The production of disinfectant involves the following active ingredience; methanol, pine oil, carbolic acid, chloroxynol, texapon and colourant. In this project work, 5 litres of methanol was used, with 1 litre of pine oil, 100g texapon was added, 240ml of carbolic acid and 200ml of chloroxynol and 30ml of colourant were properly mixed for the production of this disinfectant. However, this project work is targeted on the cheap and easiest means of producing quality disinfectant for the control of microbes in our environment, and to help mitigate the problems of unemployment thereby making the young school leavers self –reliant.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Disinfectants are antimicrobial agents that are applied to non-living object to destroy microorganisms that are living on the objects (http://www.cdc.gov). Disinfection does not necessarily kill all microorganisms, especially resistant bacteria spores; it is less effective than sterilization, which is an extreme physical and or chemical process that kills all types of life (http://www.cdc.gov).
Disinfectants are different from other antimicrobial agents such as antibiotics which destroy microorganisms within the body and antiseptics, which destroy microorganisms on living tissue. Disinfectants are also different from biocides-the latter are intended to destroy all forms of life, not just microorganisms. Disinfectants work by destroying the cell wall of microbes or interfering with the metabolism. Sanitizers are substances that simultaneously clean and disinfect (Cleaning and disinfecting, 2009).
Disinfectants are frequently used in hospitals, dental surgeries, kitchen and bathrooms to kill infectious organisms. Bacterial endospores are more resistant to disinfectants, but some viruses and bacteria also possess some tolerance. In waste water treatment, a disinfection step with chlorine, ultraviolet (UV) radiation or ozonation can be included as tertiary treatment to remove pathogens from waste water, especially if it is to be reused to irrigate golf course (Cleaning and disinfecting, 2009).
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
Disinfectants are ideal for the killing of this microorganism. It is therefore very important for every house hold to learn on, this substance can be produced at a cheaper rate in order to be free from the nuisance caused by these microorganisms.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
To learn how to produce disinfectants in various homes rather than going for commercial ones.
To test the efficacy of the product (disinfectant) produced in this research work.
To use this production as an opportunity to acquired skills in the schools, thereby creating jobs for the unemployed and making them self- reliant.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Due to financial constraints, this research work is limited to the production of disinfectant.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The result of this research work would be useful in the production of disinfectant. It will equally serve as a guide to the production of disinfectants as well as to learners.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR CHEMISTRY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION A dye is a deeply coloured organic compound, usually soluble in water. Insoluble coloured compounds are called pigments. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction Increasing demand for the production of energy from renewable sources has fueled a search for alternativ...Continue Reading »
3. THE PRODUCTION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ACTIVATED CARBON FROM SUGARCANE BAGASSE BY THERMAL METHOD.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Activated carbon also called activated charcoal is a carbonaceous, highly porous adsorptive m...Continue Reading »
4. DETERMINATION OF POLYCHLORINATED BIPHENYL RESIDUES IN SOIL OF SELECTED TRANSFORMER MAINTENANCE WORKSHOPS IN KADUNA AND ZARIA METROPOLIS, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT As effective as polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) may be in achieving thermal stability as coolant in transformer oils; spills, decommissionin...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Caffeine is an odorless, slightly bitter organic compound found mostly in beverages such as coffee or tea and in chocolate. It is the most wi...Continue Reading »
6. INFLUENCE OF STUDENTS` PERCEPTIONS OF CHEMISTRY CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT ON THEIR ACHIEVEMENT AND ATTITUDES TOWARDS CHEMISTRY.» ABSTRACT Students perform very poorly in Chemistry in the last few decades, many reasons have been induced to explain these poor performances. Attitud...Continue Reading »
7. ASSESSMENT OF CHANGES IN PLASTICITY AND MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF POLYSTYRENE FATTY ACID BASED NEEM OIL BLENDS» ABSTRACT The aim of this research is to develop a value added product from a renewable resource, investigate the effect of its loadings on the mechani...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The manufacture of alcohol by fermentation has bee3n known since amtignity, the4 main purpose being the preparation of al...Continue Reading »
9. SUGGESTION OF POSSIBLE METHODS OF ELIMINATING STAINS ESPECIALLY STUBBORN AND TOUGH ONES IN THE SURFACE OF THE TEXTILE FABRICS WITHOUT CAUSING ANY DAMA...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study According to Bob Flexner (1999) stain is a discolouration that can be clearly distingui...Continue Reading »
10. DETERMINATION OF PROXIMATE COMPOSITION, MINERAL ELEMENTS, HEAVY METAL LEVELS AND MICROBIAL QUALITY OF KILISHI FROM SELECTED AREAS IN KADUNA STATE, NIG...» ABSTRACT Analysis of proximate composition, mineral composition, heavy metals concentration, microbiological counts and identification of microbial co...Continue Reading »