Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research study was based on the relevant of corporate social responsibility (CSR) on organizational performance. The research work concentrated on the background of the study, which showed that there was a need for an economic of responsibility embedded in the business ethics of corporation which restrains individuals and organization from destructive activities on humanity and help redress societal problems, and the objective of the study which was to determine the impact of public social responsibility on organizational performance as well as determine the extent to which CSR promote social and economic development in communities. More so, it considers the concept of corporate social responsibility and it benefits to the organization, community and government.
The survey research design and simple random sampling techniques was used and data collected were derived from questionnaires designed and administered on a sample of eighty three (83) management and staff of first bank of Nigeria plc, which were analyzed using simple percentage and chi-square. The test revealed that corporate social responsibility has a significant impact on organization performance.
In conclusion, the relevant of corporate social responsibility on organizational performance is positive. From the presentation and analysis of data, it was established by the respondents that First Bank of Nigeria Plc has always attached importance to corporate social responsibility and at the same time its managements and staff has adhered strictly to guidelines.
Therefore it is recommended that:
· Conduct regular meetings to discuss how to handle ethical issues and improve business and social responsibility in the community. By including diverse interests and perspectives, organizations tend to make effective decisions. Assign roles and responsibilities to specific individuals. This makes them accountable for putting ideas into practice. In this way, corporations contribute to society by both maximizing profit and contributing to social programs, such as donating time and money to charitable organizations.
Corporate social responsibility which is also known as corporate citizenship. Corporate responsibility or corporate social performance is a form of corporate self – regulation which is integrated into a business model
Corporate social responsibility trends to operate as built-in, self-regulating mechanisms under which a business will monitor and ensure it compliance with law, international norms and ethical prescription. A business or company assumes responsibility for the impact of activities on the environment, employees, consumer communities and other members of the public. In addition, a business has to proactively promote the interest of the public through voluntarily avoiding activities which are harmful, regardless of legality.
Furthermore, business exercises extensive influence on our social and economic life styles. As social institution it is responsible to deliver a standard of living and maximizes life quality. Today, life quality means not only quality and quantity of consumer goods and services but also enriched quality of the life in the society and the environment.
There is also the demand for the social responsiveness of corporate organization, which means the ability and preparedness of the organization to relate they plan and policies to the social environment in mutually beneficial ways to eth organization and the society.
Business are expected to behave in socially beneficial ways particularly in relation to the physical environment, product, quality, of employee’s working life and removal of unfair discrimination in living and firing staff.
1.2STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research work is carried out to understand the relevant of corporate social responsibility on organization performance; the problem that triggered this study includes:
Inadequate enlightenment on the need for and purpose of corporate social responsibility on organization performance.
1. Of what importance is corporate social responsibility
2. What are the statutory duties of management in relation to corporate social responsibility?
3. Does a corporate organization activity have impact on communities, the environment and society as a whole?
4. Does corporate social responsibility help corporate organization to succeed?
5. Does corporate social responsibility increase profit?
6. Does corporate organization have to be force to be socially responsible?
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1. To identify the factors that weakens the corporate social responsibility of an corporate organization.
2. To find out if corporate organization has to be social responsible after paying tax.
3. Is it compulsory for corporate organization to be corporate socially responsible?
4. To examine the effect of corporate social responsibility on the organization performance.
5. To examine critically the corporate social responsibility perform by First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
1.5SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is of great importance to students, business organizations, consultants and the entire society. It will educate the in management of First Bank of Nigeria plc on the importance of corporate social responsibility and it role in achieving a better organizational image.
Furthermore, it will establish the various ways of ensuring effectiveness of corporate social responsibility.
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Ho: Corporate social responsibility does not have a significant impact on organization performance.
Hi: Corporate social responsibilities have a significant impact on organization performance.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of study is limited to the case study, though the result will be generalized. The questionnaire will be administered to the members of staff of First Bank of Nigerian Plc.
1.8 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The availability of fund and time is very limited in carrying out this research work to a standard that will put a final pay on the issue.
Just to mention, that in this country of ours money companies are reluctant to divulge information about their for the fear of intrusion, insecurity and the unhealthy competition they may pace.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERM
Responsibility: The state, pact or position of being accountable to somebody or for something.
Norms: standard pattern of behaviour
Environment: We means activities outside business firm which hinder or facilitate the achievement of the objective of such a business venture.
· Asika, N. (1991): Research Methodology in the Behavioral Sciences, Ibadan: Longman Nigeria Plc.
· Bowen H.R (1953) Social Responsibility of businessman, New York:
Harper and Raw publisher Inc.
· Bochholz. R (1991)Corporate Responsibility and Good Society from
Economy to Ecology Business Horizon.
· Institute of chartered accountants of Nigeria study Pack. Financial Reporting and ethics. Chapter 12
· Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia, Corporate Social Responsibilities and Its Approaches, Accessed on 7 September 2010.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SOURCING DECISION AND ITS EFFECTS ON MATERIAL AVAILABILITY IN 7UP BOTTLING COMPANY PLC KADUNA PLANT» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study Supplier selection is a procurement planning activity which allows managers to search for and find credible so...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this research work is to highlight the problems facing small scale industries in Nigeria. I have briefly in the introductions exam...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The web star dictionary defines fraud as “an intentional deception to cause a person to giv...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTChapter one1.0 Introduction Chapter Two2.0 Literature review 2.1 History of canned tomato 2.2 Types of canned Tomatoes 2.3 Nutrition f...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria today the rate of joblessness is on the increase; because of lack of provision of jobs by ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY As it will be practically impossible to talk of a building without a foundation, so also it will ...Continue Reading »
7. SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (SMES) AND EMPLOYMENT GENERATION IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF SMEs IN UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledge v Table of Contents vi List of Tables x Abstract xi CHAPTER ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of the study The Nigeria economy got in power till 1986 a highly regulated economy with local, state and federa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Sales promotion is an indirect form of marketing promotion intended to stimulate quick action. It...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: A STUDY OF FEDERAL TEACHING HOSPITAL, ABAKALIKI.» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to examine the impact of corporate social responsibility on organizational effectiveness with special reference ...Continue Reading »