Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research study was based on the relevant of corporate social responsibility (CSR) on organizational performance. The research work concentrated on the background of the study, which showed that there was a need for an economic of responsibility embedded in the business ethics of corporation which restrains individuals and organization from destructive activities on humanity and help redress societal problems, and the objective of the study which was to determine the impact of public social responsibility on organizational performance as well as determine the extent to which CSR promote social and economic development in communities. More so, it considers the concept of corporate social responsibility and it benefits to the organization, community and government.
The survey research design and simple random sampling techniques was used and data collected were derived from questionnaires designed and administered on a sample of eighty three (83) management and staff of first bank of Nigeria plc, which were analyzed using simple percentage and chi-square. The test revealed that corporate social responsibility has a significant impact on organization performance.
In conclusion, the relevant of corporate social responsibility on organizational performance is positive. From the presentation and analysis of data, it was established by the respondents that First Bank of Nigeria Plc has always attached importance to corporate social responsibility and at the same time its managements and staff has adhered strictly to guidelines.
Therefore it is recommended that:
· Conduct regular meetings to discuss how to handle ethical issues and improve business and social responsibility in the community. By including diverse interests and perspectives, organizations tend to make effective decisions. Assign roles and responsibilities to specific individuals. This makes them accountable for putting ideas into practice. In this way, corporations contribute to society by both maximizing profit and contributing to social programs, such as donating time and money to charitable organizations.
Corporate social responsibility which is also known as corporate citizenship. Corporate responsibility or corporate social performance is a form of corporate self – regulation which is integrated into a business model
Corporate social responsibility trends to operate as built-in, self-regulating mechanisms under which a business will monitor and ensure it compliance with law, international norms and ethical prescription. A business or company assumes responsibility for the impact of activities on the environment, employees, consumer communities and other members of the public. In addition, a business has to proactively promote the interest of the public through voluntarily avoiding activities which are harmful, regardless of legality.
Furthermore, business exercises extensive influence on our social and economic life styles. As social institution it is responsible to deliver a standard of living and maximizes life quality. Today, life quality means not only quality and quantity of consumer goods and services but also enriched quality of the life in the society and the environment.
There is also the demand for the social responsiveness of corporate organization, which means the ability and preparedness of the organization to relate they plan and policies to the social environment in mutually beneficial ways to eth organization and the society.
Business are expected to behave in socially beneficial ways particularly in relation to the physical environment, product, quality, of employee’s working life and removal of unfair discrimination in living and firing staff.
1.2STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research work is carried out to understand the relevant of corporate social responsibility on organization performance; the problem that triggered this study includes:
Inadequate enlightenment on the need for and purpose of corporate social responsibility on organization performance.
1. Of what importance is corporate social responsibility
2. What are the statutory duties of management in relation to corporate social responsibility?
3. Does a corporate organization activity have impact on communities, the environment and society as a whole?
4. Does corporate social responsibility help corporate organization to succeed?
5. Does corporate social responsibility increase profit?
6. Does corporate organization have to be force to be socially responsible?
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1. To identify the factors that weakens the corporate social responsibility of an corporate organization.
2. To find out if corporate organization has to be social responsible after paying tax.
3. Is it compulsory for corporate organization to be corporate socially responsible?
4. To examine the effect of corporate social responsibility on the organization performance.
5. To examine critically the corporate social responsibility perform by First Bank of Nigeria Plc.
1.5SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is of great importance to students, business organizations, consultants and the entire society. It will educate the in management of First Bank of Nigeria plc on the importance of corporate social responsibility and it role in achieving a better organizational image.
Furthermore, it will establish the various ways of ensuring effectiveness of corporate social responsibility.
1.6 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Ho: Corporate social responsibility does not have a significant impact on organization performance.
Hi: Corporate social responsibilities have a significant impact on organization performance.
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of study is limited to the case study, though the result will be generalized. The questionnaire will be administered to the members of staff of First Bank of Nigerian Plc.
1.8 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The availability of fund and time is very limited in carrying out this research work to a standard that will put a final pay on the issue.
Just to mention, that in this country of ours money companies are reluctant to divulge information about their for the fear of intrusion, insecurity and the unhealthy competition they may pace.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERM
Responsibility: The state, pact or position of being accountable to somebody or for something.
Norms: standard pattern of behaviour
Environment: We means activities outside business firm which hinder or facilitate the achievement of the objective of such a business venture.
· Asika, N. (1991): Research Methodology in the Behavioral Sciences, Ibadan: Longman Nigeria Plc.
· Bowen H.R (1953) Social Responsibility of businessman, New York:
Harper and Raw publisher Inc.
· Bochholz. R (1991)Corporate Responsibility and Good Society from
Economy to Ecology Business Horizon.
· Institute of chartered accountants of Nigeria study Pack. Financial Reporting and ethics. Chapter 12
· Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia, Corporate Social Responsibilities and Its Approaches, Accessed on 7 September 2010.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL ON PRODUCTIVITY IN THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY [COCA-COLA] KAD...» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Production Planning and control are terms that though commonly used have witness a lot of changes both in mean...Continue Reading »
2. A SURVEY OF THE PROBLEMS OF COMPUTERIZATION OF OFFICE FUNCTIONS IN SELECTED BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT IN AGUATE L.G.A» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION: BACKGROUND OF STUDY One of the major objectives of most business firms, individuals and government agencies in installation ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Finance is an indispensable element for the continuity and maintenance of any meaningful business...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Motivation means so many things to different people. The impact it plays on the individual depend...Continue Reading »
5. CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT AND COMPANY PERFORMANCE IN THE NIGERIAN FOOD AND BEVERAGES INDUSTRY» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCITON 1.1 Background of the Study It is observable that a number of organizations are excellent at appearing or pretending to care fo...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research study is concerned with the effect of store design on materials handling a case study of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Work life balance describes the relationship between your work and the commitments in the rest of...Continue Reading »
8. THE USES OF COMMITTEES AND GROUP MEETINGS IN ENHANCING DECISION MAKING IN NIGERIA PUBLIC SERVICE, (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY BASIC EDUCATION BOARD...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION McKenna and Flenning (1977) defined committee as “group of individuals which is formed to consider and report various m...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF CAPITAL STRUCTURE ON FIRMS PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BREWERY, FOOD AND BREVERAGES)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Problem Capital structure has a crucial role to play on determining company’s financial performan...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Customer satisfaction has long been recognized in marketing thought and practice as a central con...Continue Reading »