Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is on the effect of democratic leadership style on corporate performance in an organization, a study of Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Abakaliki. The main objective of the study is to analyze the effect of democratic leadership style on corporate performance. The methodology used in the data collection was survey design. The sample size was all the staff of NTA Abakaliki. The study discovered that the Television station in terms of management was fairly democratic in nature. But they need to fully imbibe democratic principles in the running of the affairs of the station. The study recommends that NTA Abakaliki should also employ team leadership style in its style of management; that management should ensure that too much time is not wasted in meetings and consultations before decisions are made.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Leadership is an integral part of management operation. If there is any single factor that differentiates between successful and unsuccessful organization, it is effective leadership. Leadership is a social influencing process for the attainment of goals. Umoh (2004:2), pointed out that managers (business leaders) are basic resources of all organizations. A great deal of work and research has been done by philosophers, researchers and scholars, all geared towards understanding the concept of leadership.
Several definitions have been propounded, just as there are scholars who ventured into the area of leadership (Stogdill, 1974:259). Consequently, and based on their different
perceptions of the concepts of leadership, several theories of leadership were articulated, and presented in different literature. Inherent in those theories are different leadership styles and the respective situations where they are applicable. As some organizations are taking dramatic shape since the deregulation of the economy, many organizations have been formed, and many more are yet to be formed.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Leadership plays a vital role in every organization. Although progress has been made in understanding leadership, nevertheless, there is need to realize that there is no general consensus on what constitutes the best leadership style. Leadership styles include those that are democratic, autocratic, lassiez-faire, etc. each of these leadership styles has far-reaching implications on the management of human and material resources of the organization, and on corporate performance via employee satisfaction, commitment and involvement etc. It is logical, therefore, to believe that successful organizations have good leadership, among other things. What are the prevailing leadership styles in such organization and how consistent are they with existing management theories on leadership?
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The relevant questions this research seeks to answer are:
1) What is the leadership style in Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Abakaliki?
2) What is the effect of this leadership style on corporate performance?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
The general objective of this study is to seek the improvement of leadership style on corporate performance. Specifically, the project is aimed at:
1) To ascertain the type of leadership style employed by Nigerian Television Authority, Abakaliki.
2) To determine the effect of this leadership style on corporate performance.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
In Nigeria, forms of organizational leadership style determine the success or failure of most firms. The significance of this research work is the understanding of the importance of leadership style employed by Nigerian Television Authority, Abakaliki. This study will also help other organizations to seek and adopt the leadership style that would enhance their corporate performance. It will help the researcher to have indebt knowledge of various leadership style used by organization as well as identify the most appropriate one suitable for each organization; similarly the knowledge of leadership style will help the researcher to recommend an appropriate one that will enhance the growth and development of the organization.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The researcher encountered several constraints in the cost of carrying out this research work. Prominent among this constraints is the difficulties to gather the require data for the research. This is so because NTA Channel 45 Abakaliki that constitute the case study of this work could not provide the researcher with information on their organization profile. Secondly, there was time constraint, the time which the researcher was expected to conclude the research work and was so inadequate that the researcher concentrated on the few branch. However, this constraint was overcome by making use of the available data within the reach of the management of the organization.
1.7 ORGANIZATION OF WORK
This research report is presented in five chapters, the research background including it’s statement of problems, objectives, significance, limitation, organization of work and definition of terms are presented in, chapter one, while chapter two and three contain critical literature view and methodology respectively. Presentation and analysis of data come under chapter four, while in the concluding chapter we summarize the study, draw conclusion and make recommendations.
1.8 A BRIEF HISTORY OF NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY, CHANNEL 43 ABAKALIKI.
The Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Channel 43 fondly called the Sunrise Station was one of the seventy-two (72) television stations established by NTA in 2001. NTA Abakaliki is made up of six (6) divisions headed by managers. They include:
1) Administrative division, which is in charge of staff recruitment, promotion and welfare.
2) Finance/accounting division, in charge of budgeting, payment of salaries e.t.c.
3) Engineering division, in charge of technical works.
4) Marketing division, This division takes care of their transaction with the public.
5) News division and programme division, made up of editing, directing, programme presentation units.
The station was established with the goal of informing, educating and entertaining the people. Their manpower statistics is 45 members of staff, made up of junior, senior and management staff.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Merger and acquisition has been widely acclaimed by scholars and professionals in business as the most desirable and effective strategy to re...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF COOPERATIVE IN POVERTY ALLEVIATION: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED COOPERATIVE SOCIETIES IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT The only way people can maximize benefit of limited resources to their reach is by self reliance. Therefore there is need for people to use c...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Road Transportation is a necessary end right from early history. The mobility of people and mater...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Organization comprises of individuals performing various activities which enable them to achieve ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT For the first half of the twentieth century, rail and road transport were the only forms of vehicular transport in Nigeria that opened up new...Continue Reading »
6. PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL AS A MANAGERIAL TOOL FOR EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO)» ABSTRACT This research was on Performance Appraisal as a Managerial Tool for Employee Performance (A study of University of Uyo, Uyo). The objectives ...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECTIVE COST CONTROL IN THE HOTEL AND CATERING INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF ROSEBOOM AND DIAMOND PALACE HOTELS, EKET)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND STATEMENT The hotel and catering industry is a substantial one in many countries it is the largest industry in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.0 Background of the Study Stress is a common element in any kind of job and persons have to face it in almost every walk of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Human resource management (HRM) Byers and Rve (1991:6) embrace those actives designs to provide for, and co ordinate the ...Continue Reading »
10. SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (SMES) AND EMPLOYMENT GENERATION IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF SMEs IN UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledge v Table of Contents vi List of Tables x Abstract xi CHAPTER ...Continue Reading »