Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 53 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
Negotiation is seen as a vital element as well as one of the most interesting topic in purchasing and supply chain management. It applied in purchasing so as to arrive at a fair and reasonable business contract.
Consequently, upon recent shortages of materials, high prices and galloping inflation, general unfriendly supply market as well as the get-rich quick syndrome of some supplied it will be suicidal for a business firm and indeed government agencies to ignore negotiation exercise in its purchasing activities making process of planning, reviewing and analyzing used by the buyer and seller to reach acceptable agreement or compromise on all aspects of the business transaction. (Lee
purchasing of material, some measures of trust exist between the buyer and the
seller when negotiation begins identically, there would be equally of
information on cost and estimates between parties involved, as a basis for
negotiation, but this is rarely attained except in government’s research and
development (R and D). The negotiation is thus usually a dialogue between the
buyer and seller to produce a contract, which is at least acceptable to both
parties.The name of the company is Rokana Industries PlcNekede and it as
incorporated on September 1978 as a private limites liability company.
The nature of the business is manufacturing and it was founded by Engr. Charles Ugwu, a British trained industrialist/Engineer in 1978.
The managing-Director is Chief EkemmaGeophry now while Engineer Charles Ugwu is the Chief Executive of the company.
The factory is divided into three basic areas namely: Administration, Marketing/sales and promotion. It has a branch in Lagos as their registered street off 52 Ogundanastreet Allen Avenue Ikeja Lagos. Over 80% of the raw materials for the production of the product are imported.
also have sales outlets in Abuja, Kaduna, and Lagos. The company is hundred
percent Nigerian owned while Union Bank Nigeria Plc own 40% shares of the
company product produce.
Rokana currently maintains four existing manufacturing units.
1. The Cosmetic Units: This unit undertakes the production of the tooth paste, baby-care cosmetics, skin lotions, cream and oiltment.
2. The Plastic Units: This unit produces tooth brush, dental stick, plastic folders, plagues for the Areosol production.
3. Aerosol Unit: This unit produces insecticide air fresheners, perfumes, furniture polish, deodrant etc.
4. The LPG Unit: This unit refills domestic cooking gas cylinder, provides unstaunchealgas,as propellant to the aerosol production line.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
this project is a case study of the impact for efficient negotiation in
purchasing function in manufacturing company at Rokana Industries Limited
NekedeOwerri Imo State.
The impact for efficient negotiation in purchasing function in manufacturing company can not be over stated. This is because when fairly in contract management result from poor negotiation.
The problem of the study therefore are as follow:
1. Firms or organization fair to see the element of pricing and negotiation as a vital element in contract management.
2. Most firms adopt the concept of I will” when you loose attitude this result into poor project execution.
3. Most people involving in purchasing of capital and mangement do not possess the right skill and knowledge of negotiation.
4. The economic situation of the country has serious effect on the quality of negotiation purchasing function in manufacturing company firm attempt.
5. There is no serious attempt on the part of firms to empower negotiation contract managers.
the light of the statement of problem this study aims at achieving the
1. To create serious awareness in the mind of firms and their employees on these serious impact for effective contract negotiation, pricing and contract implementation.
2. To make people appreciate the importance of effective negotiation which emphasizes win-win negotiation.
3. To create the necessary awareness on the importance of empowering those who are involved in contract negotiation pricing and management through treating seminars etc.
4. To investigate the impact of the economic on contract negotiation pricing and execution.
5. To see whether negotiation contract management and pricing can be improved through empowerment.
6. To suggest other ways of improving negotiation contract pricing and management.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
study would have taking the researcher to all firms that are engaged in
contract negotiation, pricing and management in Nigeria but for obvious reason
the researcher is constraint to concentrate on the negotiation activities of
Rokana industrial limited Owerri. The researcher beliefs that this would give
her a fair situation position in other similar organizations.
However, the researcher will concentrate on the following department or units within the organization:-
1. The cosmetic unit
2. The plastic unit
3. The Aerosol unit
4. The LPG unit
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
One important thing a researcher of this nature impact s to achieve is to provide the subject matter of the study. It therefore become necessary to formulate research hypotheses on which the answer would be based and are as follows:
H0: negotiation and pricing are not a basic element of contract.
H1:negotiation and pricing are basic element of contract.
H02: poor contract administration is not tractable to poor pricing and negotiation.
contract administration is tractable to poor pricing and negotiation.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
primary significance of this study is for partial fulfillment of the
requirements for the award of Higher National Diploma (HND) in purchasing and
supply.The secondary significance is also geared towards exploring the academic
relationship between classroom theory and what is practically attainable in
industries and government establishment thus the carefulness in choosing the
research topic.The third significance of the project is to help and guide the
younger ones on what to do when writing project or carrying out any research.
The fourth significance of the project is to guide industrial purchasing s to effective and efficient negotiation to enable them to obtain the “best buy which is the ultimate goal of the purchasing function.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Infact, there cannot be any successful research of this magnitude without encountering some difficulties. This project work is surrounded by some limitation, which indicated that it was not hitch free.
The following were some problem that was encountered in carrying out the following work.
Difficulties in securing some vital documents containing some valid information
relating to the subject matter of the research.
2. The lukewarm attitudes of some offices who were supposed to attend and give reasonable response. Some of those interviewed failed to give adequate information believing that it will reveal their lapses and loopholes.
3. The degree of time consumed at the expenses of lectures and other important assignments. This cannot be over emphasized.
4. Finally, finance was another constraint for the researcher. Normally, a considerable amount of money for the gathering of information, typing of manuscripts.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
terms here are some of the terms used in this project work necessary because
these terms have their own professional meanings in purchasing other than the
1. Purchasing: It’s a continuous management process that is responsible for the anticipation, identification, and the provision of goods and services that are required by an organization with the objective of helping its profitability or service provided.
2. Negotiation: Is a process of planning reviewing and analysis used by a buyers and seller to reach acceptable agreements or compromise includes all aspects of the business transaction not just price.
3. Negotiator: Is a person authoritatively appointed to represent his/her organization for negotiation. He must be skillful and broad business experience.
4. Vendor: An outside supplier or raw materials suppliers equipment or service impact ed in the operation of an organization.
5. Procurement: This includes duties perform by purchasing a well as additional function materials supervision and management, inventory control, receiving inspection and salvage operation.
6. Price: This may includes all the sacrifice made to acquire a given product both monetary and non monetary.
7. Pricing :- This is the activities involved in setting the price for which a product will be said. or deciding how much to change for something. ie we say that it is an on going activities that can hardly be completed.
8. Strategy:- It is the determination of the basic longterm objectives of an enterprises and adaptation of course of action and allocation of resources necessary to achieve these goals on the organization presented mean or approach to achieving it’s objectives.
9. Purchasing :- It us that function of management, lease or other legal means equipment materials supplies and services required by an undertaking for use of production.
10. Cost:- The total amount of money that impact to be spent by a business. it is also the amount of money that you impact in order to buy, make or do some things.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study.Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Strategic Human resources management (SHRM) is concerned with contributions human resource st...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The setting of organizational goals is the beginning of a great task to be performed in the face of intense competition in a complex business...Continue Reading »
3. SMEs AND HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SERVICE IN ABIO-AKPOR LAGCAL GOVERNMENT AREA: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION It is an inevitable fact that Nigeria of the pre independence era was predominately small scale in its productions and ma...Continue Reading »
» Abstract A Leadership style is key in determining the level of employee performance in a company. It can either lead to increased or decreased employe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Electronic procurement (e procurement) has been labelled as a tool that can improve competence an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Work life balance describes the relationship between your work and the commitments in the rest of...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY People work generally in order to make moneys food their families and enjoy better condition of l...Continue Reading »
8. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF WORK ENVIRONMENT ON THE PRODUCTIVITY OF CONSTRUCTION SKILLED WORKERS IN IMO STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT Management has a great effect on the job site performance of construction skilled workers. This paper discusses "An assessment of the impact ...Continue Reading »
9. EVALUATION OF THE PERFORMANCE OF A PROFESSIONAL SECRETARY AND A COMPUTER OPERATOR IN AN ORGANIZATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY There is no doubt that in many organizations be it private or public sectors, secretaries and com...Continue Reading »
10. INVESTIGATION INTO THE EFFECTIVENESS OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT (TQM) IN THE NIGERIAN CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The management of construction projects requires knowledge of modem management as well as an unde...Continue Reading »