Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 32 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 GENERAL PERSPECTIVE
According to Oxford Advance Learners Dictionary, “environment is defined as the natural conditions in which people, animals and plants lives”. Environment can also be defined as “all the surrounding things, conditions, and influences affecting the growth or development of living things”. It is the act or fact of surrounding in other words, environment means the surrounding in which living things live. Therefore, environment for the purpose of this research refers to the office environment. This type of environment gives secretaries good working relationship and enhance high productivity.
The secretary’s environment can be divided into two:
1. Immediate environment
2. Remote environment
- Immediate environment: refers to the secretary’s very office and other offices, of the same organization
- The Remote environment: means the outside environment of the secretary’s office or building that has a negative effect such as, ventilation, noise, temperature, over crowding, cleanliness, lighting, attitude of office colleagues etc. It is therefore, a prime importance for employers to make environment as conducive as possible for the secretary’s higher productivity which is ultimate goal of any employer. Creating selection, arrangement, and use of sample physical surrounding chairs, tables, storage, lighting, decorating and other physical element that comprises your personal office are mans of enhancing competences as well as the image of an organization.
In the light of above this research will focuses on the effects of environment on secretary’s productivity, it will look at some of the areas like poor ventilation, lighting, cleanliness, internal noise, heating all these are factors that can affect the productivity of working secretary in an office environment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
To determine the extend which the environment factors such as noise, ventilation, lack of enough space in the office and equipment can hinder the performance of secretary in an organization.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
I. To find out and ascertain the effect of environment condition to the working secretary in an organization.
II. To encourage the organization to acquire more office automation for effectives efficiency of secretary
III. To provide organization with mores ideas for a conducive environment for the workers
1.4 RESEARCHER QUESTIONS
i. Does lack of constant power supply in an office affect the performance of a secretary?
ii. Does too much noise in an office affect the secretary’s productivity?
iii. Does an office which is not clean and tidy, brings about low productivity?
iv. Do stuffy environment causes drowsiness, which in turn produces less accurate work?
The research work is limited to the case study that is the Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda.
The study therefore, will highly be concentrated on factors that affect performance of secretaries in the Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The research is to identify the importance of office environment, know the effect of environmental condition in the life of working secretary, and also to fulfill the following:
- To serve as a criteria or form of reference to secretaries in an organization
- To aid students who may wish to conduct research on project that relates to this topic.
1.8 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE CASE STUDY
The Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda, Zamfara State was formulated, established by the then Executive President of Nigeria Alhaji Shehu Shagari in June 1983 vide a decree no 33 of 25 July 1979 as amended in 1985 with others. The Polytechnic is situated in Kaura Namoda Local Government that covers an area of 4.98 square kilometers and has a population of 370,367 according to 1991 Population Census figures, among the pioneer local government that was created in 1967. The objective of the polytechnic is specified in the decree as follows; to provide full time or part time courses as instruction and training in:
1. Technology; applied science, commerce and management
2. And in such other fields or approved learning relevant to the need of the development in Nigeria in the areas of individual and agricultural production and distribution.
3. And for research on the development of adaptation which may from time to time be determined.
4. To arrange conference, seminars and the study group relevant to the field of learning.
The polytechnic has two campuses know as “ACADA” which is situated at the northwest of the town, while the “MAIN CAMPUS” is situated along Shinkafi Road, some three kilometers away from the town campus, the polytechnic currently has five schools and these schools are headed by directors.
To perform such other function as opinion of the Council may serve to promote the objective of the polytechnic. The Rector was in charge of the polytechnic. The first Rector of the Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda was in person of Alhaji Ja’afar B. Ango (1983 – 1991) Engr. Lugard A. Ahmed is the present Acting Rector of the Polytechnic. The Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda comprises of five school namely:
1. The School of Science and Technology comprises of the department of Science Laboratory Technology, Catering and Hotel Management Food Science Technology, Maths and Statistics and Computer Science.
2. School of Environmental Studies comprises of Architectural Technology, Quantity Survey and department of Building Technology
3. School of Business and Management Studies it has department of Business Studies, Office Technology and Management, Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Marketing and Public Administration.
4. School of Engineering Technology; comprises of Electrical/Electronic Technology, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology.
5. School of General Studies; comprises of department of Pre-ND BAM, Science and OTM.
The Polytechnic also runs a Consultancy Unit which is headed by a director and it runs part-times programmes such as certificate courses in Public Account and Audit, Public Administration, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science and OTM, while the diploma course in Public Administration, Public Account and Audit, Computer Studies and Islamic Studies respectively.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Environment: refers to the physical condition in the working place of a secretary
- Secretary: is an employee in the office working as the personal assistant to an executive, dealing with letters, filling, typing and making appointments and arrangement
- Condition: refers to present state of health or being physically which may either be good or poor, excellent or perfect.
- Organization: organizing a group of people for business purposes.
- Equipment: refers to the things needed in the office to enhance the work of a secretary.
- Furniture: refers to the thing in the office like table, chairs, wall clock
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECTS OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT ON EMPLOYMENT GENERATION IN LAFIA METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study There is no country in the modern world where an improvement in the material level of living is not r...Continue Reading »
2. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE PERFORMANCE OF AGRICULTRAL EXTENSION WORKERS AMONG SMALL HOLDER FARMERS: A CASE STUDY OF FARMERS’ MULTIPURPOSE COOPERATIVE SOC...» ABSTRACT This study evaluates the role of Extension Agents in enhancing the performance of Farmers’ Multipurpose Cooperatives Societies (FMCS). ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Basically, communication touch every sphere of human activity, it informs or better still dissemi...Continue Reading »
4. APPLICATION OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT IN SCHOOL HOSTELS (CASE STUDIES OF MOREMI AND NEW HALL HOSTELS IN UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS)» ABSTRACT Facilities management can be regarded as the process of planning, implementing, maintaining and accounting for the appropriate physical space...Continue Reading »
5. ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND ECONOMIC GROWTH IN AKWA IBOM STATE; A CASE STUDY OF UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.» ABSTRACT Inspite of the small and medium scale emprises contribution: to national economy growth. Nigeria as well as Akwa Ibom is still clouded with s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This research work is titled the Effect of Materials Management on resource Utilization in Organi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Essay This essay is aimed at establishing the importance of production planning and inventory control i...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work assessed deposit money banks and the growth of small scale enterprise. The objectives of this study is to examine the effi...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ON SALES VOLUME IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA LIMITED, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The subject (new product development) has influence the issue of sales which the researcher will like to assem...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research provides an appraisal of the factors influencing effective implementation of cooperative education in imostate . It provides a t...Continue Reading »