Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study was centered on strategies for improving computer instruction in secondary schools in Ezza South LGA of Ebonyi State. Computer is a fast and accurate electronic machine, which is capable of accepting data as input, processes data and produces outputs under the influence of a stored instruction. The survey research design were used to carry out the research, 5 schools were selected, 16 students were picked from each school at random and their teachers were automatically selected making the total sample to be 100. Data were collected using four point likert scale and analysis using mean and standard deviation. In my findings i discovered that the use of learning team, training teachers at different skill level, establishing cooperative and peer tutoring groups, reviewing and re-writing secondary school technology curriculum are most suitable strategies for improving computer instruction. The researcher thereby recommended that teachers should avail themselves of any opportunity for academic advancement, government should supply computer system, and its accessories to schools to bridge the gap between theory and practical and conclusion were drawn.
Background to the Study
The world has witnessed in the past, two major socio-economic Revolutions; the agricultural revolution and the industrial revolution. Presently, there is another socio-economic shift, which is the arrival of computer is being witnessed. This stage of revolution in the society emphasized the production, storage and distribution of information in various forms.
According to Alo (2006); computer is an electronic devices or machine that is capable of accepting inputs or data through input devices, processes the inputs and generates appropriate results which are displayed through the output devices.
Computer is an electronic machine used to record, store process and recall data or information (Ezeliora, 2000). According to Mbam (2000); computer is a fast and accurate electronic machine, which is capable of accepting data as input, processes data and produces outputs under the influence of a stored program or instruction.
Computer Education can be seen as learning experiences with computer for the aim of achieving the set objectives of computer education (Nwaibe, 2010). consequently, computer education is aimed at making the learner computer literate.
Mbam (2000) defined computer as a machine which processes intelligent results.
He stresses that computer is a machine capable of accepting data according to a predefine instruction and produce report as results.
Umeh (2004) defined computer as a kind of electronic machine that enables man to solve diverse kind of problems.
He further emphasis that computer is a device capable of accepting data, processing data and displaying the results in mans understandable format.
Ezeliora (2005), defined computer as “an electro-mechanical device used to aid calculations with little mental and manual effort. He explained that computer is an electronic device or machine that is capable of performing calculations and other kind of data manipulation.
Computer can further be defined as an electronic machine that is capable of carrying out services of arithmetic and logical operations with a well structured instruction. It is a machine capable of presenting information (lesson) to its users when programmed for this purpose. The importance of web and distant learning speaks for the many instructional provision that can be acquired with the use of computer in improving instructions.
In Ebonyi state, computer education is a welcomed development whereby the teaching of computer is being administered to all students regardless of the class they belong to in secondary schools but the problems faced here is that, they do not have all the necessary requirements needed for effective and successful teaching and learning of computer. This requirements include; computer Laboratories and Libraries; enough computer systems, Electricity supply and instructional materials for computer education.
To this end according to Oduma (2004) are ways (strategies) for improving computer instruction thus:
- Conducting teacher in service training in different aspects of technology and its application to different concepts on computer instruction
- Ensuring the accessibility and appropriate software to the students and teachers.
- Citing the schools computer laboratory to a more accessible area.
- Review and re-write middle school technology curriculum.
- Establish cooperative and peer tutoring groups, workshops and seminars for both the students and teachers.
Hence, improving computer instructional strategies, topics in the school syllabus should be encoded in the computer programme in a self-instructional mode, which should be easy for students to use with minimal assistance.
Statement of the Problem
During my research work in Ezza Boys High school, Onueke in Ebonyi state, the researcher observed that their classrooms for the junior secondary classes are highly populated. The researcher taught the J.S.S.11A class that was populated with eighty-five students. More so, one (1) computer system was provided by the school to undergo the teaching and learning process of computer. Consequently, student’s performance in their previous years exams was very poor. This is in line with Igbe (2008) when he said that computer Education cannot be effectively taught and learnt without the use of relevant instructional materials. The teaching task the researcher experienced there was a tedious and enormous one because the researcher made sure that each of the student experienced the computer in order for the specific objectives to be achieved which made me to use more than the required time to teach the students.
Thus; it is in the realization of these problems above that prompt me to emerge with this research to present strategies of improving computer instruction in Ezza South Local Government Area Secondary Schools.
Purpose of the Study
The purpose of this study is to present the strategies of improving computer instructions in Ezza South Local Government Area Secondary Schools.
Specifically, the research is designed to;
i. Determine the strategies for improving computer instruction in secondary schools in Ezza south Local Government Area.
ii. Determine the most suitable strategies for improving computer instruction in secondary schools.
iii. Determine whether there are differences in the opinions of teachers and principals on the strategies for in improving computer instructions in Ezza South Local Government Area secondary schools.
Significance of the Study
It is hoped that the findings of this research will be beneficial to the Ebonyi state government, the teachers, the curriculum planners, the students and the parent.
The findings of this research will be useful to the teachers by making the teachers to know the strategies to use in administering their class for effective and successful computer Education.
The findings of this research will expose the most important strategies to the curriculum planners in the area of evaluation technique.
The findings of this research will be useful to the Ebonyi state Government by way of getting result from their investment in Education.
More so, the parents will benefit because their wards when they are effectively taught with improved method of teaching, this new system of teaching computer studies will make their wards prosper and succeed in their computer study. Thereby reducing financial wastage on their parent.
In addition, the findings of this research will make the government of Ebonyi state to organize seminars, workshops, conferences on the improved method of teaching computer instruction to make the teachers resourceful and more embraced with the current development in the field of computer science.
Scope of the Study
The research focuses on the strategies of improving computer instruction in Ezza South Local Government Area secondary schools.
The following research questions are constructed to guide the study;
1. What are the strategies for improving computer instruction in secondary schools in Ezza south Local Government Area?
2. Which of the strategies for improving computer instruction in secondary schools in Ezza Local Government Area are most suitable?
3. To what extent are there difference in the opinions of teachers and principals on the strategies for improving computer instruction in Ezza South Local Government Area secondary school?
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT A budget is a comprehensive, formal plan that estimates the probable expenditures and revenues for an organization over a specific period. De...Continue Reading »
2. ASSESSMENT OF AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF E-LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES IN BUSINESS EDUCATION PROGRAMME IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Business education has been described as education for and about business (Okwuanaso & Nwazor, 20...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The level of development of a country is often considered to be an offshoot of the nature of her educ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study An entrepreneur is an innovator who implements changes within a market through the carrying out o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Small and medium scale business constitutes the highest percentage of business establishments in the country both at the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE SUBJECT MATTER Soap has been a product with over a 5000 years history. It has remained an essential...Continue Reading »
7. FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR STUDENTS’ LOW ENROLLMENT IN BUSINESS SUBJECT IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT The purpose of this research work is to look into the factors responsible for students low enrolment in business subjects in ten (10) selecte...Continue Reading »
8. AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF ICT IN TEACHING AND LEARNING BUSINESS EDUCATION COURSES IN EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY» ABSTRACT The study examines the availability and level of utilization of ICT in teaching and learning of business education courses in Ebonyi State Un...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF VENTURE CAPITAL FINANCING ON SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES IN THE UYO METROPOLIS: THE CASE OF ELSA FOODS LIMITED» ABSTRACT The study looked at the Impact of Venture Capital Financing on SMEs in the Uyo Metropolis. Efforts by successive Government to improve on the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The phenomenon of street hawking among teenagers in Nigeria has been a source of growing concern ...Continue Reading »