Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
An entrepreneur is an innovator who implements changes within a market through the carrying out of new combinations. The carrying out of new combination can take several forms; the introduction of a new good quality, there fore; the introduction of a new method of production, the opening of a new market; the congress of a new source of new materials or parts; the carrying out of the new organization of any industry. Further more, an entrepreneur is an individual that identifies, develop and brings vision to life under condition of risk and a considerable uncertainty. The vision may be an innovative idea, an opportunity or simply a better way to do something (Mamma, 2010).
This is the reason why it is often said that every entrepreneur is a human being but not every human being is an entrepreneurs. Going by this adage; it can be said that entrepreneurs are special people with distinguishable features or characteristics. As such an entrepreneur is result oriented; future oriented; creative, innovative, has self confidence; has a good human relations; must be self-discipline; copies with uncertainty and above all profit oriented.
A lot of business falls due to the inability of the innovators of such business to exhibit the time entrepreneurial characteristic in the day to day management of their business enterprise, hence such business do not stand the test of time. This is evident in the way and manner in which small and medium scale business collapse in Nigeria. It is against this background that the research sees the subject matter of this research: the effect of this entrepreneurial characteristic of business performance worthy of empirical investigation.
1.2 Statement of problem
Launching into a business venture without having the basic trade instinct or the characteristic of an entrepreneur is suicidal. This is so because such an enterprise cannot stand on the test of time. For instance, an individual who goes into business initially must face difficulty before the business break-even. However, people who do not have trait of an entrepreneur would not be patient enough to nurture a business to a profit-making stage. This is the reason why so many small and medium scale businesses fail. The inability to effectively exhibit a basic trade instinct as well as lack of motivation, goals, and talent for venture creation sequel to the absence of entrepreneurial characteristics in most business proprietor impedes the performance of business enterprise in no small way. As such, the subject matter of this research becomes an empirical issue worthy of investigation.
1.3 Objectives of the study
The central subject of the study is to examine the effect of entrepreneurial characteristic of business performance in Jos North Local Government Area, Plateau State;
The specific objectives are to:
- Identify the characteristics of an entrepreneur.
- Evaluate the relationship between entrepreneurship traits and business performance.
- Identify the problems militating against entrepreneurs in the performance of their business.
- To proffer solutions to the identified problems
1.4 Significance of the study
The study will be beneficial to entrepreneurship development; as such joss north can utilize the findings of the research as a basis for policy formulation as regard entrepreneurship development.
The study will also contribute to the existing knowledge on entrepreneurship development.
It is also worthy to note that the study can be use as a basis for further research, as the research can be use as a spring board for further research as well as a good reference material to students undertaking similar research.
1.5. Research Question
- What are the characteristic of an entrepreneur?
- What is the relationship between entrepreneurship traits and business performance?
- What are the challenges militating against entrepreneurs in the performance of their business.
1.6 Scope of the study
The study covers an empirical examination of the effect of entrepreneurial characteristics on business performance. The study also identifies the practical approaches use in developing entrepreneurship as well as the problems militating against entrepreneurship development. The study is limited to joss north local government area of plateau state.
The study covers a time from 2006 – 2011.
1.7 Limitation of the study
The study is limited to Jos Local Government Area of Plateau State, as it will be difficult to generalize the findings to other states.
For the fact that a survey study was used as the research design as well as the questionnaire as the research instrument, it is not certain if the same result would be obtained if other designs and instruments were used. Besides, another limitation is that the respondents could have either over exaggerated or understate their responses while scoring the items in the questionnaire. Also the nonchalant attitude of some of the respondents could affect the validity of their response to the questionnaire. This limitation should be taking cognizance of other researches conducting similar studies.
1.8 Definition of terms
- Entrepreneurship: is an innovative act, which includes endowing existing resources for new wealth – producing capacity (Afonja, B. 1999).
- Entrepreneur: An individual that identifies develops and brings vision to life under – condition of risk and a considerable uncertainty (Bashar, O. 2005)
- Entrepreneurial Characteristic: These are traits that make an individual an entrepreneur (Tonga, R. 2009).
- Business Performance: The success or failure of an enterprise (Tonga, R. 2009).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Small and medium scale business constitutes the highest percentage of business establishments in the country both at the ...Continue Reading »
2. THE APPLICATION OF PRODUCTION SKILLS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION TO GAIN COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Production skills (defined) Industries and business organization be it private or public, have one th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Teaching is an old profession for centuries the teachers has been a reverend individual, a person...Continue Reading »
4. SELECTED LABOUR MANAGEMENT VARIABLES AND JOB PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS EDUCATION TEACHERS IN ABIA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Labour management which is a subject area in the curriculum of industrial relations and areas of ...Continue Reading »
» 1.0 INTRODUCTION OF THE STUDY 1.1 BACKGROUND Micro finance Bank (describe here as small scale financial services to claim that they are economically a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Though teaching and learning are intimately linked processes and are interdependent as well as in...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF STUDENTS’ PERCEPTION ON GENDER ENROLMENT PATTERN INTO BUSINESS STUDIES EDUCATION COURSES IN NCE IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education is primarily conceived as the process of imparting or assimilation of general knowledg...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION ON ENTREPRENEURIAL INTENION OF STUDENTS IN BAYERO UNIVERSITY KANO» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Education is one of the vital aspects of the environment that needs to be understood if the indiv...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF VENTURE CAPITAL FINANCING ON SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES IN THE UYO METROPOLIS: THE CASE OF ELSA FOODS LIMITED» ABSTRACT The study looked at the Impact of Venture Capital Financing on SMEs in the Uyo Metropolis. Efforts by successive Government to improve on the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The phenomenon of street hawking among teenagers in Nigeria has been a source of growing concern ...Continue Reading »