Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The government of any independent country has the constitutional power to formulate policies and make laws for the good of the nation. All over world, various governments have different role they play in business.
Business organizations are affected and influenced by government activities, rules, regulations, laws and specialised agencies. It is a well known fact that no business organisation can survive without interaction with its political and legal environment which often times are within the direct manipulation of the government.
Government policies have become the necessary ingredient that can either encourage or discourage the participation of the private sector in the stimulation of the economy.
In recent years, however, both the federal and state government have introduced various policies and programmes to redress the short comings of Small and Medium Scale Business Enterprises (SMEs).
The way the government formulate its policies is greatly influenced by both political and socio-cultural factors.
According to Riemann (1980:29) a sound government policy performs the following functions.
i. Prevents deviation from planned course of action.
ii. Ensures consistency of action
iii. promotes intelligent co-operation
iv. Fosters an intelligent exercise of initiative
Government policies can be considered favourable or unfavourable to the growth and development of small and medium scale enterprises.
The major role of the government in business is to provide a conducive atmosphere for businesses to thrive this would include the provision of facilities and dependable public utilities that would attract investors and encourage the emergence of entrepreneur.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Government is an essential part of the society that affects all aspect of life. The impact of government can not be over emphasized. This research work is to enlighten some of the government policies affecting the growth of a business as it was earlier mentioned. Government policies can either be favourable or unfavourable. This project is to highlighten some of the short comings of government in providing social amenities and a conducive environment for business to thrive.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The primary purpose of this study is to point out some of the short comings of government in providing a conducive environment for the development of businesses. It will also highlights the importance of government and how government can improve in their policies/programme affecting business in other to encourage more entrepreneurship involvement in business.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
This particular section is usually a conjectural of questions that will help the researchers to understand the various ways to follow. Some of the questions employed are;
i. Does the government policy affect business activities?
ii. Does the government implement their policies effectively?
iii. Does the government need to improve on the level of their policies making?
iv. Is the government socially responsible to the business organisation?
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is delimited in scope to some selected companies in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State where sample information and accurate data were easily available and also for the accessibility of the study.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
It is hoped that the topic “The Impact of Government Involvement in Small and Medium Scale Enterprises” has great significance to the following set of people and economic activities.
a. It will serve as a guide to businessmen and women on how government policies affect business activities.
b. The research work will highlights some of the short comings of government in providing conducive atmosphere for business which will in turn encourage the government in the provision of such atmosphere for the development of small and medium scale enterprises.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This research work would not be completed if we fail to mention its limitations.
a. Time constraint was a major problem combining project work with normal school work with the little available time was not easy.
b. Financial constraints in terms of transportation to various companies in Ughelli. And also in the preparation of questionnaires.
Notwithstanding, the above limitation does not invalidate the research work.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Policy: Planned or agreed course of action
Impact: The blow of one thing striking another
Organisation: A body of people working together for a purpose.
Programme: A booklet giving details of the items in a scheme.
Major: Greater or great in size (importance)
Deviation: To turn aside from the right, normal or standard course.
Cultural: The way of life of a people.
Consistency: Thickness or firmness, quality of being the same.
Conducive: Helping, favourable.
Formulate: To set down clearly.
Benemone E. Osadi (2007). Small Business Management (Nature, Principles and Application). Printed by Onos Graphic Warri.
Journal of Business & Management Studies, Vol.1 No.1, September, 2006.
Ovbiagele Abraham Otaigbe(2006). Introduction to Business Studies in Nigerian. Central Books Ltd, Agbor.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Organisation becomes what they are largely because of their leaders. This explains why in any org...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON THE OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS: (A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED DEPOSIT MONEY ...» ABSTRACT The increased demand for information and communication technology (ICT) in banking sector became imminent and unavoidable in the world at lar...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study of this research is effects of motivation and job satisfaction on organizational productivity. A case study of federal polytechnic ...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECTS OF PERSONNAL ENTREPRENEURIAL CHARACTERISTICS ON BUSINESS PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF AKURE SOUTH LGA, ONDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study An entrepreneur is an innovator who implements changes within a market through the carrying out o...Continue Reading »
5. THE APPLICATION OF LINEAR PROGRAMMING IN PROFIT MAXIMIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF CRUNCHES FRIED CHICKEN AKA ROAD)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY 2. Linear programming (LP) can be defined as a mathematical technique for determining the best a...Continue Reading »
6. THE ECONOMIC IMPLICATION OF ELECTRONIC BANKING IN OPERATIONS OF BANKS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Prior to the banking emergence of a modern banking system in Nigeria, the payment or settlement o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study In the current era of information explosion and the world of media, advertisements play a major role ...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF INCENTIVE AND FRINGE BENEFIT ON EMPLOYEES JOB PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF SPECOMILL TEXTILES LIMITED IKEJA LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background to the Study Specomill Textile Limited, a manufacturer of Textile Material was established by some of the Indonesian expatr...Continue Reading »
9. BENEFIT OF SALES PROMOTION AND ADVERTISEMENT IN PROMOTING ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS (A CASE STUDY OF GLOBACOM NETWORK)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nowadays, organization are undergoing fast growth and often disturbing transformation which are d...Continue Reading »
10. AN APPRAISAL OF SUCCESS CRITERIA FOR ENTREPRENUESHIP BUSINESS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF JULI SUPERMARKET LAGOS)» ABSTRACT The study proffers an appraisal of success criteria for entrepreneurship business in Nigeria.Entrepreneurship is The capacity and willingness...Continue Reading »