Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The growing need to maintain a competitive edge and customer loyalty in the industry segment predetermine the significance to maintain unique and outstanding brand of services and product that commands consumer satisfaction and loyalty. The research seeks to investigate how Diamond Bank branding impacts on customers’ behavior.
Diamond Bank Plc began as a private limited liability company in March, 21, 1991. (The Bank was incorporated in December 20, 1990). Ten years later in February 2001, it became a Universal Bank. In January, 2005 following a highly successful private placement share offer which substantially raised the banks equity base, Diamond Bank became a public limited company. In May, 2005, the Bank was listed on the Nigerian stock exchange. Moreover, in January, 2008, Diamond Bank Global Depositary receipts (GDC) was listed on London Stock Exchange, the first bank in Africa to record that fact.
Today, Diamond Bank is one of the leading banks in Nigeria – respected for its excellent service delivery, driven by innovation and operating on the most advanced banking technology platform in the market. Diamond Bank has over the years leverage on its underlying residence to grow its assets base and to successfully retain its key business relationship. And like a diamond, the Bank’s strength make it even more valued.
In 2008, to ensure the Bank grows with the need of the customer, the Bank streamlined its operation into three district strategic business segments; retail banking, corporate banking and public sector.
Diamond Bank continues to develop and to build on its live competences, by continually cutting from the rough, the Bank have improved on services and other banking facilities.
However, like cutting from the rough gem to create a diamond of the finest quality the banks continuously builds on its brand. Hence, the nature of this research to investigate the impact of branding on customers’ behavior with a case study of Diamond Bank plc.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Research in consumer behavior shows that we have a consumer driven society where the ultimate motive of business products and service is to satisfy consumer expectation makes them happily and remain loyal to the brand. Therefore, a perfect understanding of consumer behavior is determining.
“ a. The psychology of the consumers and how they make decisions between depending on their needs and brand awareness
b. how service or products providers make to implement the best branding strategy for their product a service (e.g culture, family, signs, media).
c. The various stages a consumer gives through before purchasing a product or service.
d. What factors determine consumer’s loyalty or repeat purchase of the brand” is crucial in meeting customer’s satisfaction and brand loyalty. Therefore, an attempt to reach out to the consumer effectively demands a suitable banding strategy since consumer buying decision making and loyalty is affected by various branding strategies. In an industry characterized by stuff competition an effective branding strategy is significant not only to attract customers but to create customer loyalty to the brand.
Therefore, this research seeks to investigate the impact of branding on case study of Diamond Bank Plc.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. To determine the nature of branding and branding strategies
2. To determine the nature of consumer behavior
3. to determine affective branding strategies that would impact on consumer behavior
4. To investigate the impact of branding on consumer behavior
5. To investigate the impact of branding on consumer behavior in Diamond Bank Plc.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. What is branding?
2. What is consumer behavior?
3. What is the nature of branding strategies?
4. What extent does branding impacts in consumer behavior.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
1. To provide a detail analysis on the nature of consumer behavior
2. TO provide detail analysis in the nature of branding and branding strategy
3. To provide detail appraisal on the impact of branding in consumer behavior
4. To serve a reference point of information in branding consumers’ behavior and of the various branding strategies.
1.6 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
1. H0 Branding is not given significant attention in Diamond Bank Plc.
H1 Branding is given significant attention in Diamond Bank Plc
2. H0 The impact of branding on consumers’ behavior in Diamond Bank Plc is low
H1 The impact of branding on consumers’ behavior in Diamond Bank Plc is high
3. H0 Customers’ loyalty to brand in Diamond Bank Plc is low
H1 Customers’ loyalty to brand in Diamond Bank Plc is high
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study focuses on the impact of branding on consumers’ behavior with a case study of Diamond Bank Plc.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
DEFINITION OF BRANDING
Branding is a specific or unique idea, any image or any specific name of any product or service with which the consumers can connect very easily. Branding thus, become a process of using that unique idea, name to make your product distinct from others. It helps to identify one’s product or services. Thus, in the minds of consumers a brand becomes a promise that promise which will fulfill the needs of the consumers. Kotler P (1999).
DEFINITION OF CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
Consumer behavior is a branch of marketing which deals with the various stages a consumer goes through before purchasing products or services. It deals with how commercial and social information sources influence of culture, sub-cultures, social class, membership and reference groups on buying behavior. How buying decision extend beyond the individual to the family and the household, the roles of motivation, perception, learning, personality and attitudes in shaping consumer behavior and the importance of statistical factors in buying. Senguptha J. S. (2011).
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Change management is the continous process of aligning an organization with its market place and ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of content CHAPTER ONE Background of the study Statement of resear...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The successive development plans of Nigeria have laid emphasis on the attainment of self reliance...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study examined effects of exchange rate fluctuations on the growth of the Nigerian economy from 1990 to 2015. This is premise on the fact...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The last decades has witness a tremendous change in attitude to small scale business in the life ...Continue Reading »
6. IMPACT OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT IN THE PRODUCTVITY OF SEVEN-UP (7UP) BOTTLING COMPANY, KADUNA PLANT» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction It is quite obvious that every organization keeps materials which form one of the pivotal elements in the organization. A...Continue Reading »
7. AN EXAMINATION OF THE IMPACT OF MICRO CREDIT PROGRAMMES ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN AKWA IBOM AND CROSS RIVER STATES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Prior to the 1970s, the view that large firms were the cornerstone of a modern economy dominated ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT One of the most pressing issues facing most organizations today is the need to raise employee productivity. There is a widespread belief that...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF INDUSTRIAL CONFLICT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC, ABAK BRANCH)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of Contents vi List of Tables viii Lis...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research is designed to cover Human Resources Planning in relation to Performance in Private Sector. As a Human Resource Manager, Human ...Continue Reading »