Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Few years ago believe hold that leader were born made prior to the 1930s. It is widely known that people born into rich homes always inspire to becomes a leader and take the mantle of leadership in an organization.
David Rock Feller is a good example. Chase Manhattan bank in less than three years after his graduation from the university.
Research work on leadership from the beginning of century focused on the role aspect of a leader effort were made to discover that role or combinations of roles were required to make a good leader.
Factor leader have in common were compared with emphasis and was laid as size, height and energy etc.
Recent study confirmed the statement by postulating that someone does not become a leader by virtue of possession of some combination of role, but the patter of personal characteristics goals of the followers.
Actually leaders may be successful in one of the function and some fail in another function; they sometimes applies to leadership organizational level. As you can see studies in leadership have confirmed that leadership is a complex process that can be explained by various model that is theories.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In most organizational development if proper attention is not given to subordinate by his superior, hence it has effect and impact on the organizational development. The desire of every Nigeria organization today is to have fulfilled work life and when his fulfillment is not there dissatisfaction is noticed through subordinate calculated absenteeism, lateness to work, lazy attitude to work and frequent strike.
It has been observed that problem like poor condition of work, ultimately late payment of salaries and fringe benefit how moral superior and unconducive working environment are factors that affect the organizational development of any organization.
Based on the knowledge gathered from this research work, most organization have limited experience and thus should utilize simple and uncomplicated approach towards planning their activities.The basic planning process for leaders in an organization is to enhance development.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This study will throw more light on leadership role as it relates to workers performance. Appropriate leader roles enhance performance of subordinate.
a. Outline the leadership roles and how they correlate with subordinate performance.
b. Find out the leadership role must appropriate for the banking sector.
c. This study will also take on in dept look at leadership role.
A reflection of these varied role of leadership understanding of governance process, they diagnosis of organizational problem and the choice of organizational role per each situation.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTION
Managers play the role of formal in business organization their opinions will sought answers to the question below.
1. What is responsible for selecting a particular role to leadership
2. What has them size of first bank got to do with selection of leadership
3. Does the failure of bank affect leadership role at a particular point in time
4. Is there any prescribed leadership role for the banking section in question
5. Does the leadership role adopted by manager in the banking section have effect on the performance of subordinate
1.5 HYPOTHESIS FORMULATED FOR TESTING
The following hypothesis has been mapped out from the subject for testing
Ho: There is no position and significant relationship between leadership role and the performance of subordinate.
Hi: There is a position and significant relationship between leadership role and the performance of subordinate.
Ho: There is no management philosophy having a significant relationship between the nature of the job and leadership role chosen by manager.
Hi: There is a management philosophy having a significant effect on the leadership role adopted.
Ho: This is no positive and significant relationship between the nature of job and leadership role chosen by a manager.
Hi: This is positive and significant relationship between the nature of the job and leadership role chosen by manager.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The aim of this research work is to cover all the section connected with bank. The objective rests on determining the extent to which such sectors enhance the efficient management of the primary source for which they are setup.
The responsibility or duties performed by each First bank under their respective sections and their effectiveness in performing the respective task from the scope of the study.
1.7 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY:
This study will try to tackle the leadership role in First Bank Nigeria Plc, Ozoro. Apart from the other bank operating in different part of the country will also benefit from this study.
Private and public bank are not left out they will also find the study useful.
1.8 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study is limited to only First Bank plc, in the country namely First Bank Nigeria Plc, Ozoro. Also finding connot the generalize to include non banking sector in the country.
Some benefit will also be derived from it because it center on leadership which is required in every organizational development.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
According to Olannye and Nana (2007) A manager is anyone who has a primary responsibility for the realization of the goals of an organization efficiently and effectively.
Every organization needs managers who can get things done through and with other people.
As Peter Drucker Word of (1970) he averred that an effective leader is one who can make ordinary men do extra ordinary things make common people do uncommon things.
According to Hersey and Bianchard (1996) who said that “Leadership is the process of influencing the activities of an individual or a group efforts towards goal achievement in a given situation.
From this definition, it follows that the leadership process is a function of the leader the followers and other situational variables.
According to Harriman (1996) said leadership is the process by which an executives or a manager imaginatively directs, guides and influences the work of others in choosing and attaining specified goals by mediating between the individual and the organization in such a manner that both will obtain the maximum satisfaction.
Due to my research, I see leadership as a person who inspire others to work toward source predetermined objective; leadership has to do with lifting a man’s sights to a higher vision.
The raising of man’s standard to a higher performance. The building of a man’s personality beyond its normal limitations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER I 1.0 INTRODUCTION For both developing and developed countries, small and medium scale firms play important roles in the process of industrial...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Essay Product is the most important in the marketing mix around which other activities resolved (th...Continue Reading »
3. STRIKE ACTION AND ITS EFFECTIVENESS IN ACHIEVING UNION AIMS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN UNION OF TEACHERS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Trade disputes (emergency provisions) decree, 1968 defined strike as meaning the cessation of wor...Continue Reading »
» BSTRACTFinancial planning is an integral part of financial management which deals with the management of a firm’s funds with a view to maximizing pr...Continue Reading »
5. THE RELEVANCE OF MARKING IN BANKING INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK PLC, IDAH BRANCH KOGI STATE)» .CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A bank is a financial institution set up purposely for safe keeping of money, valuable goods an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Shoprite holdings are the fastest growing consumer goods (FCMG) retail platform operation on the...Continue Reading »
7. INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AS A STRATEGY FOR ENHANCING ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIA LIMITED» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Industrial relations which is the matter at stake is an integral part of management, it is pointl...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECT OF HUMAN RELATION IN SOLVING CONFLICT IN AN ORGANIZATION (STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA, OZORO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Effective human relation in an organization has been an important role for the human resources de...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Chapter Page Cover Page i Declaration ii Approval Page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of Content vii Abstract ix CHAPTER ...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF OFFICE ENVIRONMENT ON THE MORAL AND PRODUCTIVITY OF SECRETARIES IN BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In this part of the world a careful observer would agree that it is not uncommon new that that wh...Continue Reading »