Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Corporate social responsibility is one vital aspect of any business. However, this is one area where grievous mistakes have been made. Companies need to understand the subject its concept, theories as well as the benefits there of.
In today’s business environment, business organization are being expected to assume broader and more diverse responsibilities to the various groups within the society in Nigeria., various communities in which some major companies are operating have been demanding for one thing or the other especially in riverine area such as River state asking oil companies in conjunction with (NNPC) Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation to provide drinkable water, giving scholarship to their children, building hospitals, more schools and given them compensation due to the damage cause on their farmland.
Business firms not being socially responsible, infact lead youths of the communities to agitate for their right such is the case of the riverine areas. There is no doubt that there is an increasing amount of attention directed to social responsibilities in business firms.
Corporate social responsibility is the sense of obligation on the part of the organization to build certain social concern and criteria into their strategic decision making process. EVBOROKGHAI (2003).
Social responsibility by Andrews (1971) is the intelligent and objective concern for the welfare of the society that restrains individual and corporate behaviour from ultimately destructive activities, no matter how immediately profitable, and leads to the direction of positive contributions to human betterment, variously as the latter may be defined. The concept implies that when companies evaluate decisions from an ethical perspective there should be a presumption in favour of adopting courses of action that enhance the welfare of society at large. The point stressed in these definition is that when making decisions, business men or organizations should consider the social interest of people in society. These among other reasons probe the researcher to embark on this research work.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Dangote Plc, is a very reputable organization whose services is a visible friend in almost every home in the society, but do not have a defined policy on social responsibility.
i. Base on the above, many companies use the strategy of benchmarking to compete within their respective industries in corporate social responsibility policy, implementation and effectiveness.
ii. Bench marking involves reviewing corporate social responsibility initiatives, as well as measuring and evaluating the impact that those policies have on society and the environment and how costumers perceive corporate social responsibility strategy.
iii. After a comprehensive study and an internal policy review performed, a comparison can be drawn.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study is to look into the impact of corporate social responsibilities on the performance of business organizations and they include:-
i. To examine social responsibility between/among business organizations, government and its agencies, stakeholders and the society at large.
ii. To examine the impact of corporate social responsibility on the performance of business organization
iii. To find out new areas in which business organizations can engage so as to strengthen its relationship among various stakeholders that make up the society.
iv. To find out how business organization contribute to national development through charity donations in times of disasters, obedience and respect for governmental laws and policies, partnering with government financially in ensuring a healthy and vigorous economy.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study intends to present the under listed significance of the study as:
The research work seeks to create awareness on the need to engage in social responsibility in manufacturing sector
Also, it seeks to bring into limelight how newly established organizations can use the concept of corporate social responsibility to capitalize on opportunities in their business environment.
The project would also be useful for scholars in the field of business administration and others to understand the basic concept on the area of social responsibility
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i. What are the new areas in which business organizations can engage so as to strengthen its relationship among various stakeholders that make up the society?
ii. What are the impact of corporate social responsibility on the performance of Dangote Plc?
iii. What extent have corporate social responsibility impacted positively among/between business organizations?
iv. What are the contributions of social responsibility to the national development in ensuring healthy and vigorous economy?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study will center on the impact of corporate social responsibility on the performance of Dangote plc with special reference to Asaba Central Market Branch office, Ibrahim Taiwo Road, to examine the nature, size and breath of activity in business organizations. Social responsibility of business encompasses the economic, legal, ethical and discreational expectations that society has on organizations from 2006 to 2011.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Some of the available constraint faced by the researcher are presented below:
i. Time constraint: To do adequate justice, the duration allowed for the completion and submission of this research work is very limited, not to talk about other school activities such as coping with lectures, tests schedules and most of all researching for assignment and the project work at hand.
ii. Financial constraints: The work is really tasking and in my financial capacity as a student it is not easy to meet up with.
iii. Sourcing for adequate and relevant information cover the research is not encouraging as the respondent where not cooperating.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Various literary terms that sharpen the write up will be examined and defined as follows:
i. Ethics = Ethics according to Grace and Cohen (2005) includes standards of moral behaviour that is, behaviours that are acceptable by the society.
ii. Consumerism = organized effect by individuals or groups aimed to project the users of various products and service from harmful or deceptive business practices Grace and Cohen (2005).
iii. Corporate social responsibility = according to Ronald and Ricky (1999) it is an attempt by business organizations to balance their commitment towards groups and individuals in it business environment.
iv. Social responsibility = according to Welhrich and Koontz (1994), it is the ability of an organization to relates its operations and policies to the environment in such ways that are mutually beneficial to the company and the society.
v. Social audit = according to Ronald and Ricky (1999) it is commitment to systematic assessment of reporting on some meaningful and definable domain of the company’s activities that have social impact.
vi. Corporate philanthropy = according to Michael E porter (1997), as a practical sympathy and benevolence shown by a business organization to various sectors of the society.
vii. Shareholders = according to Kenning (1998), the include interest groups that are tangible, visible and approachable groups or institutions which can exercise direct influence in the functioning or affairs of an organization
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT ON PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES (A STUDY OFKADUNA METROPOLIS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Nigeria economic environment is changing rapidly and this change is characterized by such phe...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 173 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
2. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF NEWSPAPER COVERAGE OF RURAL/URBAN PROBLEMS IN IMO STATE A CONTENT ANALYSIS OF DAILY CHAMPION, THE SUN AND VANGUARD NEWSPAPER...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY From a global perspective, third word countries which are mostly found in the continent of Africa hav...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 298 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of content CHAPTER ONE Background of the study Statement of resear...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 358 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
4. THE EFFECTS OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARDS (IFRS) ON EARNINGS MANAGEMENT OF QUOTED NON-FINANCIAL COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study investigated the effects of IFRS adoption on earnings management of non financial quoted companies in Nigeria. I used a sample of ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 339 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» ABSTRACT The research provides an appraisal of the role of the auditor in the achievement of organization objective.It analyses the auditing function ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 371 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
6. EFFECTS OF MOTIVATION ON EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE: A CASE STUDY OF GHANA COMMERCIAL BANK, KUMASI ZONE.» ABSTRACT The introduction of universal banking law has brought changes over the years, with it stiff competition in the banking industry. Commercial b...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 402 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
7. THE IMPACT OF TRAINING ON WORKERS’ PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The effectiveness in realization of an organization’s set goals and objectives is within th...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 267 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
8. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR ATTAINING HIGH PRODUCTIVITY IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIAN LIMITED (PAN) KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Available of resources is a vital need for the survival of human ventures. These include human, m...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 158 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The current difficulties and uncertainties in business underline the importance of profes...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 386 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
10. CAPITAL BUDGETING MODERATORS AND SHAREHOLDERS’ WEALTH MAXIMIZATION IN THE NIGERIAN COMMERCIAL BANKS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The focus on shareholder’s wealth has gained much importance in recent times within the Nig...Continue Reading »
186 pages | 112 hits | Source: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION